L0cation

VERY Concernd about the TOW missle

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, v76 said:

Yeah because we all want to play modern warfare where everyone stands kilometers away and fires long range guided weapons.

If it keeps going the way it is with all the new weapons system to be added then this game will become a big stand off ranged gameplay mode... not what the people brought this game for.

I bought it for a realistic "Battlefield" experience. If you want to play Battlefield vanilla with everyone always being capable of killing everyone at all times then noone is stopping you.

It is up to map designers to make the game enjoyable with the heavy assets we have. Not necessarily a straightforward task though. tow could for example be excluded on some maps for playability. Some people could get long range maps that you can avoid too.

Personally I loved the tank warfare on PR. Abrams and Leopard 2. Infantry bettered know to stay away from the open fields, but in turn tanks also from going into the cities. And beware of tow missile launchers.

I guess this is the downside to releasing the game in alpha - attracting too many player who want something other than project reality 2, i.e. jump-around-shooter a la Quake, who are then disappointed that the game takes another approach even though it was originally destined to do so from the beginning. I hope the devs can stay brave and strong and commercially disregard that new playerbase to some extent. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

On 2018-05-03 at 4:22 PM, Gatzby said:

We're going to watch how the TOW integrates into the game and continue to adjust it. There are a number of approaches: ticket value, speed, range, etc, that can be tweaked to get it to "fit." It's also important to remember, we're still building the armor system out -- tanks are coming, localized damage will be iterated upon, more weapon platforms will be introduced. Keep the feedback coming! (And keep it civil, please.)

IMHO, I think we'll see more people thinking tactically/approaching it with a rock-paper-scissors style counters. I'm also a vehicle junkie, so the TOW is my mortal enemy and I hope it burns in hell for its transgressions.

Rock-paper-scissor, exactly! Thank you. 

13 hours ago, v76 said:

Yeah because we all want to play modern warfare where everyone stands kilometers away and fires long range guided weapons.

If it keeps going the way it is with all the new weapons system to be added then this game will become a big stand off ranged gameplay mode... not what the people brought this game for.

This is just hyperbolic nonsense. Yeah... because that's all that happened in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey and Syria.