Sign in to follow this  
Font

V11 Feedback

Posted (edited)

THANK YOU OFFWORLD!

V11 is awesome. I thought V10 was good. V10 is shit compared to V11 :D . Brits are very good (maybe even too good, but need more time to test it properly). Performance very good. On smaller maps I get 100+ FPS now, on larger like Al Bashra, Fool's Road I get 80+. In V10 my highest framerate was in the 80s. M4 reddot is good again. The new Bradley and Warrior IFVs are very powerful (not OP) which is good. They can really help the infantry with attacking. Only one issue I noticed that my clanmates started to complain because their game crashed and stopped working, and I noticed that when their game crashed, there is always at least 3 other guys who got disconnected from the server (probably they crashed too). I personally haven't crashed, during my 10 hours of testing. Some vehicles have a weird white particle effect around them, but nothing game breaking.

In May we will get the "retail" version of V11 and maybe even Post Scriptum. Well, looks like May will be one of the best months in gaming this year :D . 

I almost forgot Kamdesh. It is a really good map. I like it so far. 

Edited by Font

1 minute ago, =VaSh= said:

what about the ping?

I haven't noticed any latency issues. 

Sounds became more amazing, dont know how they did that. But gunfights 200-300 meters away is just perfect.

And the new blue Hi-vis vests for ins makes them light up in the desert.

The sounds are amazing outside and in vehicles too.The medic seems to be working now.The spg-9 scope is great i love it the Russian non magnifying scope is cool too.The knife is nice to have finally.

As we all know the only huge problem at the moment is game crashing.

And i think the British IFV are overpowering since thy have tow system on them unlike any other.BRDM needs to have tow on them too.

The ZU-23 still dose not have a scope.

And maybe its just me but the name tags have some issues now i had a feeling that would happen since the v9 name tags where the best ;-)

Posted (edited)

I haven't played since early V10 and I want to echo the sentiment. V11 is easily the best version of Squad yet. I'm extremely happy with the direction the devs have moved for the movement and shooting mechanics. I think the game has really moved into the realm they wanted it where strategy, tactics, communication, and teamwork are at least as important as typical FPS skills like reaction time and aim. I hope it stays this way. I really appreciate how they are thinking critically about the meta-game issues from previous patches and coming up with practical and fun solutions that stick to their vision and keep Squad unique from other multiplayer FPSs.

I still remember the meat-grinder from V8/V9 and this is a vast improvement. 

Edited by Crowmium

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

The sounds are amazing outside and in vehicles too.The medic seems to be working now.The spg-9 scope is great i love it the Russian non magnifying scope is cool too.The knife is nice to have finally.

As we all know the only huge problem at the moment is game crashing.

And i think the British IFV are overpowering since thy have tow system on them unlike any other.BRDM needs to have tow on them too.

The ZU-23 still dose not have a scope.

And maybe its just me but the name tags have some issues now i had a feeling that would happen since the v9 name tags where the best ;-)

The pounding shooting noise of the Bradley/Warrior echoeing over the map gives me the chills.

Finally a worthy contender to the 30MM russian armor supremacy.

Edited by oTec

NAMETAGS.....

Turn them off... change their opacity...change their size/scale..... LOOOOOVE the options!  

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

NAMETAGS.....

Turn them off... change their opacity...change their size/scale..... LOOOOOVE the options!  

I also love the options for the name tags, as a medic it is much easier for your heal priority if you see what kit is down all the time without looking at the map/squad menu.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

NAMETAGS.....

Now we just need a "turned off name tags" as a server option :P

Okay, I noticed another issue. The hitreg seems to be worse than it was before on 80slot servers. 

Just played Brits in training ..love them..

Only thing that is painful is the screeching of the vehicle tires and the dust/earth animation... its horrible tbh. 

Got a bug where my whole body disappeared after crashing a vehicle  and the flag capture graphic (time left to capture) disappeared 

sounds are very good especially on the new map Kamdesh? which I really like ...

the nametag now shows like 2sec after you aim at someone. because of that i killed a friendly and my teammate did too. 

Vehicle dust trail is sometimes in front of the vehicle even when you're at a stop...

Posted (edited)

Sometimes getting stuck when I am next to a tree. Happens on multiple maps, jump or stance change gets you unstuck.

Crashes are seem to be fixed. No one crashed today.

Edited by Font