Gatzby

v11 Testing!

You mean the hand detached from your weapon? If so, yes.

2 hours ago, DanielNL said:

reintroduced legs? What exactly was missing then pre v11?

...legs. =)

On the crashes: QA has been on the case and working hard to fix them. There have been some tweaks, hopefully things should be looking better. The British IFV is also having it's armor tweaked to more appropriate values.

As it's still a playtest, we continue to expect some bugs, but with your help, they're getting squashed quickly. Thank you for your help!

Some more notes from QA:

• Improved registration of vehicle seats for better performance
  • Made TOW texture less shiny
  • Added sandbags to TOW emplacement
  • Shifted Squad level stick mag RPK on the Insurgents to the Rifleman kits on the INS Ammo crates
  • Fixed attack/defend flag markers on Invasion layers not showing on the minimap
  • Fixed Vehicle damage multiplies not working correctly
  • Fixed the soldier model not despawning when the player changes team
  • Changed rally point mechanics to allow placement with non-SL kits again requiring 4 players within an 8m radius

Map layer fixes on

• Al Basrah AASv1, Invasion v1 & v2, PAAS v1 & v2
  • Belaya AAS v3 Gorodok AAS v1, v3 & v4
  • Kamdesh AAS v1 & Invasion v1
  • Yehorivka AASv3

just letting u know that between v9 and  v11 squad stepped up the visual and atmoshperic game alot for me and I just love it now!

keep it up!

Now i know why the Warrior was so impossible to kill with the 30 mm from the side! 15 round, barely scratch it! :P

The new lightinng system definally is impressive, the atmosfere has taken a huge step forward! Great woork lads.

And see K4on back on board is another great thing! ^_^

I'm getting UE4 error crashing too.  Overall it's been a great update.  Getting better FPS, game looks much nicer, new IFV's are awesome, Tow is a nice addition.  Good work guys!

Posted (edited)

loving the Brits... but only gripe is the new dust / earth animation on vehicles... its coming in through the windows ..and the tyre screech is too much...

also had bug where I crashed a vehicle, fell out of it, and my body animation disappeared basically had no body nvm legs!

Edited by embecmom

Great upgrade! However there are still a few issues about weapons I really find troubling.

1. Scopes on GPMGs are clearly placeholders(right?), for example the one on PKM obviously has wrong ranging as you need to use the 300m mark for a 100m target. This kind of made the GPMGs improvements useless that you cant reliably hit anything. For future updates, GPMGs should get scopes with higher magnification, as they have much lower ROF but higher Damage and better effective range.

2. Light machinegun tracer rounds looked wired. In V10 they looked like the shape and fast tracer rounds you would see from anything documentary films, which was great. But in V11 they resembled plastic pingpongs and were just laughable.

3. M4 3-round-burst got super overbuffed that it felt like it had bipod deployed, but this does not solve the problem that its CQB firepower still sucked due to lack of full-auto. My advise is that you give full-auto to all M4s, granting them superior RoF but make it harder to control than AK74s.

4. For overall gunplay, I'm happy to see that when at full stamina, your aim was perfectly stable. However, even with depleted stamina, there was barely any noticeable sway at all, which sort of regressed the game back to a point-and-shoot CS style game.

I've been playing for a while and I noticed that Squad is using 14GB of 16...Maybe a memory leak?

4 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

3. M4 3-round-burst got super overbuffed that it felt like it had bipod deployed, but this does not solve the problem that its CQB firepower still sucked due to lack of full-auto. My advise is that you give full-auto to all M4s, granting them superior RoF but make it harder to control than AK74s.

Depending on WHEN Squad is supposed to play, burst M4 should be reconsidered anyway. I'm not an insider by any means, but my info is, that M4s are on there way out or retrofitted to M4A1 specs.

Hey man squad is probably the best game I’ve played so far on pc. I will be trying the beta servers tonight but here’s a few things that bother me and I feel should be updated thanks. 

- fix the delay when healing yourself (bandaging)

-  optimize the the game graphics more

- allow logi vehicle to hold more people

- allow everyone in squad to point out enemy personal on map 

- not sure if this was patched but standing up from prone takes forever 

- yesterday I was in cover and stood up to shoot and enemy and my crosshairs were clearly over the wall but shots were hitting wall in front of me  instead. 

- maybe add a class that can drop ammo. 

- equip everyone with sidearm 

9 hours ago, =Jack-Daniels= said:

I've been playing for a while and I noticed that Squad is using 14GB of 16...Maybe a memory leak?

I think so

I was playing yesterday and it was using 16GB of 16... I had to restart the game to fix it

4 hours ago, FatGod said:

Depending on WHEN Squad is supposed to play, burst M4 should be reconsidered anyway. I'm not an insider by any means, but my info is, that M4s are on there way out or retrofitted to M4A1 specs.

The Army has switched to new A1 models, yes.

" The M4A1 includes a heavier barrel, ambidextrous safety controls and conversion from 3-round burst to fully automatic. "

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/07/04/army-continues-rollout-of-more-durable-full-auto-m4a1/

21 hours ago, K4on said:

just letting u know that between v9 and  v11 squad stepped up the visual and atmoshperic game alot for me and I just love it now!

keep it up!

Wow! Are you the only one from back then or are your clan members hyped for v11 too? :)

Russians better get the BMP3 ASAP thats all I'll say!  haha excellent work

Another hotfix went out:

• Updated EAC
  • Updated Kohat day lighting. You don't have to sit with sunglasses in front of your screen anymore
  • Fixed player offset in vehicles caused players entering vehicles while in ragdoll state
  • Updated British GL animations
  • Fixed server browser a bit
  • Updated a few effects
  • Fixed some vehicles
  • Fixed more map layers

Sunglasses will still add +10 Cool Guy points though.

Keep the feedback coming. =)

This V11 is shaping up to be amazing!!! Congratz to devs for quick updates and long hours on testing branch! New Kohat Invasion layer lighting is superb!

Just a quick note (probably know by now): rocks on Kamdesh are glitchy. They disappear and reappear once you get close to them. For example: rocks on top of hill at D4-4-4.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

This V11 is shaping up to be amazing!!! Congratz to devs for quick updates and long hours on testing branch! New Kohat Invasion layer lighting is superb!

Just a quick note (probably know by now): rocks on Kamdesh are glitchy. They disappear and reappear once you get close to them. For example: rocks on top of hill at D4-4-4.

This is a particularly bad example but texture pop in in general is kind of an issue.

This way to test a new version together with the community and react with fast updates is great! 

Thanks for that!

Posted (edited)

Hey there squadies. I have over 500 hours in game experience.

Just have a note that I've noticed since v9. When m4 burst fire discharges some times rifle report is delayed or not heard at all when attempting to fire repeatedly from an outside perspective. Has this been noticed or not. Not really a major game changer, more of a quality of life thing and it sorta takes the immersion out of the game just a bit.

Thx. 

P.S Love v11 by the way keep up the good work Offworld.

Edited by Sonus_animus

Please, unless the insurgents have a washing shop add dirt to their clothes.

The imbalance caused by the camouflage difference between teams is glaring.

And of all the M4 I've ever played in FPS games I'm sorry but this is the worst.