Gatzby

v11 Testing!

Hey all!

We're feeling pretty good about the state of the patch -- it's not perfect, but it's playable and shaping up nicely -- so we wanted to extend playtesting, both in time and amount. Soooooooo... If you'd like to test v11:

1. Open Steam

2. Right-click on Squad in "Library"

3. Select properties.

4. Navigate to the Betas tab

5. Input aremapsbrokenornot as the branch password. <---- PASSWORD IS ON STEP 5!

6. Select the public-testing branch from the drop down list

7. Download! You may have to restart Steam if nothing happens.

image.thumb.png.904b3e29499d0b1eb86f596501628a55.png

From there, check your Custom tabs in-game and you should be able to find a server.

We recommend clearing your settings cache! Click here to learn how.

The patch notes aren't finished yet, but a11 contains... The British! You can now cruise around Kamdesh in a stylish British Warrior IFV. Which also has the first iteration of the new vehicle damage model. But wait, there's more!

(P.S. the password is aremapsbrokenornot)

Some updates from team:

We hope you enjoyed the first day of the A11 test. Thanks for all your feedback! In the meantime we were able to fix a few bugs and are pushing an update with these changes to the testing branch:

• Added search function to the server browser
  • Added screenshot mode button to the main menu
  • Re-introduced legs to your soldier
  • Disabled vampire mode - your soldier casts a shadow again
  • Fixed vehicle UI sometimes not showing correctly
  • Fixed a small hitch that could happen on bipod deploy
  • Fixed 3p camera being usable on all maps on Bradley, Warrior, and the motorbike
  • Reduced Bradley capacity to 2+7 soldiers 
  • Added crewman kit requirements to MT-LBM variants armed with 14.5 and 30mm weapons
  • Deleted the M1 Abrams since it could be spawned via admin command even though it was not meant to be in A11
  • Updated Bradley wreck and effects
  • Tweaked Armored Technical's radius damage taken from HEAT and other rockets
  • Fixed M110, L129A1 and AKS74 1P29's scopes disappearing when free-looking while scoped
  • Fixed missing frag grenade on the Russian RPG26 LAT
  • Fixed second US Army Squad Leader having a foregrip M4 ACOG
  • Fixed TM62 mine deployable having weird deployment angle limits
  • Updated M203 damage on technicals and trucks. 3 direct HEDP rounds will kill a technical, but splash damage is less effective. 5-6 rounds will kill a truck.

Fixed bugs on the following gameplay layers:

• Al Basrah - Conquest v1, Invasion v1 & v2
  • Chora - Conquest v1 Fools Road - Conquest v1
  • Gorodok - AAS v3 & v4, Invasion v1 & v2
  • Kamdesh - all layers
  • Kohat - AAS v1, INS v1
  • Kokan - INS v1, PAAS v1
  • Sumari - INS v1, ITC v1
  • Yehorivka - AAS v3, Inv v2

Full patch notes coming soon!

Could you please allow the test version to stay until the end of the weekend ? Alot people ( like me ) aren't able to play throughout the rest of the week , but we really wanna help you guys test .

8 minutes ago, L0cation said:

Could you please allow the test version to stay until the end of the weekend ? Alot people ( like me ) aren't able to play throughout the rest of the week , but we really wanna help you guys test .

I think we're rolling through until release, so if you don't get to test it, you should have the full release to play with. =)

Note that some things may still be buggy or broken while we finish up the testing.

So MTLB is the ONLY vehicle requiring crewman kit? What about BTR, Bradley, Striker?

All vehicles with weapons now require crewman to drive or gun, with following exceptions:
* militia and insurgent vehicles do not require crewman
* MRAP (CROWS and open top)
* MTLB with (7.62 and 12.5 variant)

Played for a few hours last night. V11 looks better, runs better, and has a load of content. Very impressive for a patch released so soon after V10.

Some stuff I really like:

- Distant gunshots sound frickin amazing.

- ADS blur for iron sights looks great.

- New crows sight looks very cool and is more functional.

- Gun handling feels tighter.

- New IFVs and TOWs are badass. It’s cool how you actually see the wire trailing behind.

- Brits look and feel unique. I really enjoyed playing them on Fool’s Road (the nostalgia!).

- Thanks for all the new layers.

- Slightly faster prone to crouch time feels more natural.

Stuff I hope gets more improved/changed:

- Bandaging still really unresponsive.

- I love the militia but there are too many tracksuits, sometimes even 4 per squad (2 lats, scout, hmg). Looks like a gopnik gang.

Overall: Damn good job!

V11 is looking great! Sounds are amazing! And dust for vehicles! 

Posted (edited)

i get kicked from every server i join after about 60 seconds ...cleared cashe...authentication error 

Edited by phenom880

56 minutes ago, phenom880 said:

i get kicked from every server i join after about 60 seconds ...cleared cashe...authentication error 

https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221442887-Easy-Anti-Cheat-Errors?mobile_site=true

Try this link. It worked for me.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

V11 is looking great! Sounds are amazing! And dust for vehicles! 

I think they also added skidding sounds for the vehicles or tightened the handling or something. It’s noticeable if you drive a truck around on the firing range. Whatever they did, it’s more immersive now.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, IronComatose said:

Crashes too often for seemingly random reasons, but its a cool update.

has something to do with armoured vehicles exploding/taking AT hits that causes it....

Edited by CptDirty

To keep the immersion in tact, let's pretend the new insurgent army is simply fighting to gain control of strategic rural areas instead of them being their homes like the taliban style insurgents. I kinda hope a skilled 3D artist modder sort of remasters the old insurgents though. Also the distant gun sounds make me scared.

Overall very nice. For some reason on the controls (button mapping) screen, the info for movement buttons just says "None". Just a small bug, but kinda annoying if you don't map them right.

Posted (edited)

Gatzby Hello, I hope the language barrier will not be a hindrance.
If it is possible to increase speed of distribution of a smoke screen in infantry as attacks in the open air by smoke grenades are useless, long distribution of a smoke screen is result of death. Quickly to ensure the soldier's life impossible.  On  
    The Russian Federation models a smoke grenade as a Taliban unlike the American infantry.    And it was much more impressive and atmospheric, if a click from bullets became louder, that would cause panic,if they fell under the fire. Thanx.

Edited by Ural
next

When putting in tow systems on ifv and all why not put a Malyutka on BRDM too :-) 

As that would give meaning to the vhicle since no one actually use it or if thy do it ends up left by the side of the road.

Great job Devs !!!
Just a small thing ... I'm not a lover of optics / red dot etc. (I always try to avoid them). Why did you remove the Russian Rifleman with normal iron sight ??? It would be great to have both choices - iron sigh or red dot (like all the other factions).

4 minutes ago, Tmac said:

Great job Devs !!!
Just a small thing ... I'm not a lover of optics / red dot etc. (I always try to avoid them). Why did you remove the Russian Rifleman with normal iron sight ??? It would be great to have both choices - iron sigh or red dot (like all the other factions).

I think you can still find a iron sight with Russians its the first riflemen when you are choosing the role or when you get kicked from a squad its private class i think its called or something but yeah i think you have the iron sight weapon.  

reintroduced legs? What exactly was missing then pre v11?