ARKSH7R

What fortifications would you like?

So i was Squad Leading the other day on Yehorivka and my squad was walking through a small wooded area. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if for, no supply cost, we could dig some hasty firing positions? Sure, riflemen have sandbags and razorwire, but why not be able to dig a quick 2 man foxhole? I know it is an ambitious thought because they'd have to make all maps with dirt into a dig-gable map. But seriously, a foxhole could be used so diversely. Imagine your entire squad in these foxholes in the woods between objectives. Your GPMG and Auto-Rifleman set up and ready to go. Staggered foxholes in the ground with only their chest visible. This would change defense tactics incredibly. Of course, there would need to be restrictions like the SL can only set up so many. If it costs no resources, maybe the SL can only set up X many in X distance from each other? Kinda like the FOB system. So only 4 can be dug in this radius, and that "home" radius point can be determined with some sort of physical object, like a rally point?

Holes will be some significant work i expect. Maintaining performance would be the main problem.

other items could be cool though. building from certain items from the environment. tyres, metal sheets, logs and destroyed vehicles.

these items could be part of the layer design on maps to add variation. some apparent randomness would be pretty cool.

because these items would be loaded in and controlled during map design their performance impact would be easier to control than the current deployables.

actions to use them:

• find a pile of tyres and dig them away, they become available locally for use by the team as deployables within the weapon selection screen.
  • for all players on that team within the area of this resource there is the option to deploy the item as with the regular sand bags/wire
  • if an enemy digs the deployed tyres they get access to use them within the area.

1 hour ago, suds said:

actions to use them:

• find a pile of tyres and dig them away, they become available locally for use by the team as deployables within the weapon selection screen.
  • for all players on that team within the area of this resource there is the option to deploy the item as with the regular sand bags/wire
  • if an enemy digs the deployed tyres they get access to use them within the area.

I don't know why but this reminds me of Guild Wars 2 harvesting resources from the environment...

I do remember someone had modded wooden boards that you could construct over windows.

Something to cover up windows, or murder holes, easier than stacked, or floating sandbags I'd like.

Draggable/pushable items like garbage crates (the big ones on wheels) ability to create road blocks with general street trash would be lovely for insurgents. 

Back to the op question "what additinal fortifications" 

Hmm I would like to be able to use resources to block wall holes in sumari for example instead of having to build 2 stack of sandbags. Not sure how that would look though .. not as if you can board it up.

Fox holes that you can only go prone inside .. maybe that would be an unrealistic half way house to true fox holes.

Obviously drones are a big thing in modern warfare so maybe a drone placement that auto flies and you have to watch the screen from player perspective rather than from FPS view to add realism and so not to be too strong a tool

On 7/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, SL Gir said:

Draggable/pushable items like garbage crates (the big ones on wheels) ability to create road blocks with general street trash would be lovely for insurgents. 

Back to the op question "what additinal fortifications" 

Hmm I would like to be able to use resources to block wall holes in sumari for example instead of having to build 2 stack of sandbags. Not sure how that would look though .. not as if you can board it up.

Fox holes that you can only go prone inside .. maybe that would be an unrealistic half way house to true fox holes.

Obviously drones are a big thing in modern warfare so maybe a drone placement that auto flies and you have to watch the screen from player perspective rather than from FPS view to add realism and so not to be too strong a tool

V12 Insurgent T Wheel : Trash - 25

Bring back Jersey barriers for the US

Hasty pits 

Earthen berms 

Improvised roadblocks for Insurgents. Wrecked cars, junk, whatever. 

18 hours ago, LugNut said:

Bring back Jersey barriers for the US

Improvised roadblocks for Insurgents. 

YESS!!! I remember those barriers.

Also, tires for insurgents/militia that can be stacked....and the ability to set the tires on fire to create black smoke!!!!

LRAS3, as seen in use at the FOB in the movie Restrepo. Basically a highly sophisticated spotting scope with thermal, night vision, and very high magnification. Not attached to a weapon but used to detect and geo-locate targets for other weapon systems. 

It seems building big super FOBs puts you at a disadvantage and you're very easy to sneak up on, this would allow some defenders advantage for FOBs, and require communication and teamwork for it to be used effectively.

https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/lras3