CrazyBear

[Suggestion] -> Limit the number of spawns on HAB (supply lines)

14 hours ago, Caliell said:

On 6/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, CptDirty said:

To be fair, U.S. spawn has 2 ways in/out not only the bridge...

2bz1wv.jpg

Notice how far is the second exit and how vital it is to capture Papanov and build FOB somewhere there and between the next point. If OPFOR rushes the village, the second exit provides very poor alternative due to how far that roundabout to Papanov, not to mention you have to literally make the drive through now enemy controlled territory.

Distance from U.S. main to papanov is shorter to the distance from R.U. main to Village. If 2 trucks leave each main at the same time -> U.S. truck will arrive at Papanov before R.U. truck arrives at village. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Distance from U.S. main to papanov is shorter to the distance from R.U. main to Village. If 2 trucks leave each main at the same time -> U.S. truck will arrive at Papanov before R.U. truck arrives at village. 

True, but that's not my point. The point is OPFOR against US Main have to cut off the route and not necessarily beat US to the punch for FOB Papanov.  So, even if they are late to the party, even hap hazard push to the village and its surrounding hilly woods provides huge advantage.

That bridge and heavily forested road through Village to Papanov with its high elevation hills on both sides and deep culverts on both sides of the road creates perfect scenario to capitalize on cutting off the entire route. More often than not you will see someone driving an APC or BRDM or Techie into one of the culverts on the side of the road or into the woods and open up on any and every vehicle going North from US Main. Even taking Western secondary route requires vehicles to go through village or through enemy territory, putting itself in substantial risk.

Edited by Caliell

@Caliell don't forget though, current ticket bleed has been reduced substantially. It's possible for U.S., in this scenario, to double down on North Village or even Hill 123 and still win the game if they do it right. What should be done at the very beginning of each game is to establish a FOB/HAB or two on one of these points and go to work. 

As for Russians cutting off the U.S. supply lines that is fine because the armored vehicles used to do this are not posing a threat to the infantry spawning at the FOB/HAB and let them (infantry) do most of the fighting and very important to keep the vehicles at main. It's a strategy most people refuse to use. 

I dont get it. Sure Russia can cut of US supplies by setting up a FOB in village. But US can do the same by moving armored vehicles between Russian spawn and Papanov. These vehicles might also run into and kill Russian force send to camp village.

I kinda agree with OP. I hate that you can completly surround an enemy flag and it changes nothing. So instead of fighting surrounded force + force moving in to help the surrounded friends. You fight unlimited enemies spawning inside the flag you perimerter you surrounded. So often attacks turn into throwing bodies at a flag hoping to overwelm enemies instead of trying to outmanuver them.

But i think the idea of OP would result in a meta where everyone rushes other teams main to surround it and make all their fobs on whole map unspawnable (not sure if we want that).

I think the teritory game mode will fix this. Not that it will be easier to attack a fob, but if the enemy rushes papanov and decides to spawn whole team there they just gave me the whole map. Meaning i can surround papanov and their main and bottle them up there.

3 hours ago, Romby said:

I hate that you can completly surround an enemy flag and it changes nothing.

Surrounding an enemy FOB increases that FOB's spawn timer. 

22 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Surrounding an enemy FOB increases that FOB's spawn timer. 

You need to get very close for it to increase. Often spawn timer doesn't increase until 30 sec before HAB goes down anyway.