Sign in to follow this  
selecto

Optimization patch release date ?

I know that the devs are actually working on optimization but did somebody know about a release date ?

The game is actually really hard to play for me. 40-50 fps average, it's an insult for my 1080 GTX.

And it's weird because Devs said that the new animation system will increase performance but in fact, it is the total opposite !

They also said that after V10 new content will be more frequent ! The last content release was V10, 2 months ago !!!

What is happening to SQUAD ? Can someone answer this simple question ? 

A fix for your issue:

Remove fps counter overlay, play game, have fun.

I have a Gtx 780, I have no idea what my fps is, still I have a blast playing the game.

Well Sir, its not about your GTX1080 but your CPU. Your GPU is not working on those up to 80 people on the server. Sadly we cant do anything about that beside waiting for V11 (or maybe even longer?) which should be released soon (they said release in April but I kinda dont believe that).

I actually just stopped after 500+ hours playing this game in a while now, waiting for bettet performace 

Edited by cheese

28 minutes ago, cheese said:

Well Sir, its not about your GTX1080 but your CPU. Your GPU is not working on those up to 80 people on the server. Sadly we cant do anything about that beside waiting for V11 (or maybe even longer?) which should be released soon (they said release in April but I kinda dont believe that).

I actually just stopped after 500+ hours playing this game in a while now, waiting for bettet performace 

People say the problem is a CPU related one , but at the same time fortnite ( which runs on the same engine , and i know it is developed by the engine producers , but still .....) run perfectly fine with 100 players , desturction and more .... Yet still games like Squad and PUBG struggle ..... Maybe it had something to do with graphics afterall?? 

But look if the game would need to look like old PR:BF2 in order to run better , i would always be for it , i mean in my opinion project reality is still looking great to this day .... Also lower graphic setting might maybe make less big first impressions , but it would lower the entry level to the game :P  .

8 hours ago, L0cation said:

People say the problem is a CPU related one , but at the same time fortnite ( which runs on the same engine , and i know it is developed by the engine producers , but still .....) run perfectly fine with 100 players , desturction and more .... Yet still games like Squad and PUBG struggle ..... Maybe it had something to do with graphics afterall?? 

Mmm nope. It's the CPU. Just because games are made with the same same engine doesn't mean the have the same complications. 

I would like to know the same thing?

A date or if thy are even working on it would be good to know

i think it is all network related or server lag rather than fps issues. it feels like fps issues because the server is not providing data smoothly. I also think that the worse your base ping is the worse the effect.

proof?

none, but watch the server pings for about 10 seconds for all players when you feel performance has dropped.

Science?

left my coat on the bus

Experience?

I've wasted my life playing FPS online, ping is king.

8 minutes ago, suds said:

i think it is all network related or server lag rather than fps issues. it feels like fps issues because the server is not providing data smoothly. I also think that the worse your base ping is the worse the effect.

proof?

none, but watch the server pings for about 10 seconds for all players when you feel performance has dropped.

Science?

left my coat on the bus

Experience?

I've wasted my life playing FPS online, ping is king.

Proof: same fps on the same map with the same amount of people at the same in-game time but with 40 vs 320 ping. Hypothesis disproven.

We generally don't release dates for patches, but as noted, A11 is coming soon -- testing is proceeding well, bug fixes are happening. While we do have several developers working on optimization, I want to stress it's an on-going process, not a single patch. It will be on-going up to and after the 1.0 release. As new systems and content are added to the game, they need to be optimized, and will often change the way old content interacts. This is one of the reasons the mapping and environment team is going back to help optimize maps, say. (Though not the only effort, of course.)

We are definitely working to get more FPS out to everyone. We believe there are gains to be had on both client and server sides.

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

We generally don't release dates for patches, but as noted, A11 is coming soon -- testing is proceeding well, bug fixes are happening. While we do have several developers working on optimization, I want to stress it's an on-going process, not a single patch. It will be on-going up to and after the 1.0 release. As new systems and content are added to the game, they need to be optimized, and will often change the way old content interacts. This is one of the reasons the mapping and environment team is going back to help optimize maps, say. (Though not the only effort, of course.)

We are definitely working to get more FPS out to everyone. We believe there are gains to be had on both client and server sides.

Thx Gatzby

@banOkay not sure what you are saying there...

i get no spikes in local performance, cpu and gpu load remain the same. 

I can play ultra or low with similar FPS.

ping stability is terrible since A10.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:22 PM, Gatzby said:

I must say that optimization is more needed then new stuff in game.New in game stuff will do us nothing good if we have lags frame drops and all of that.

I will say this in my name but my weekly playing time in squad has dropped hardly since the V10 and all the FPS,ping,and lagy stuff.It was working great in V9 for me all the time even in the high settings.

1 minute ago, Bahrein said:

I must say that optimization is more needed then new stuff in game.New in game stuff will do us nothing good if we have lags frame drops and all of that.

I will say this in my name but my weekly playing time in squad has dropped hardly since the V10 and all the FPS,ping,and lagy stuff.It was working great in V9 for me all the time even in the high settings.

New stuff needs adding before it can be "optimised".

Try the v11 test that is currently running. Should find an increase in performance.

Just now, Melbo said:

New stuff needs adding before it can be "optimised".

Try the v11 test that is currently running. Should find an increase in performance.

I did try it it really looks good i must say the sounds are even better then before.But the crashing now is killing me.I will keep on testing it and playing it more this days for sure

Start off by giving your specs, I doubt that it is a issue with the GPU or optimization of the game , I have a 970 and run that game at 60 to 100 fps on most maps, now some maps you wont get the best frames due to them still being optimized, each maps optimization has to be worked on