Sign in to follow this  
Nightingale87

RANDOM CAPTURE POINTS NOT RANDOM AAS

Posted (edited)

In order to introduce some more variables and unexpectedness I thought about this.

I´m NOT talking about a random lay out. 

Take any AAS layout on any map. Both teams are fighting for the middle flag, nothing strange about it. And suddenly, at a "random" point in the map, an isolated Neutral flag appears. Not part of the "linear" sequence. Just a random flag in the middle of a village, or a train station that wasn´t originally in the layout when the map started. 

Now teams can decide to divert resources to go cap it. Once capped, it disappears, and the team that got it gets a 15 ticket bonus. Or better, make the other team drop 15 tickets.

That represents the fog of war of a real battlefield, with changing side objectives. e.g. Your squad is tasked with defending some área, but then a chopper is taken down, and you need to get your things together and rescue the pilot. and get there before the enemy gets to him.

Or some piece of Intel has been detected in a village and both teams race to it. 

I think it would be something to ad some flavour and improvisation without beinf to intrusive with the Original layout and general flow of the game.

What do you think?

Edited by Nightingale87

I like it!

You can have a squad dedicated to go after these random capture points while the rest of the team is fighting for the mid cap. I would personally prefer an x-amount of tickets gained. This will for sure favor the insurgents/militia as they have the faster vehicles. 

We've got some official things in the pipe that might inch you a bit closer to what you're describing, specifically Random AAS as mentioned by SgtRoss in a recent Twitch chat. He touches on the Fog of War concept as well:

(He also touches on territory control, which was first introduced here, I believe: http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=211)

Some comments/thoughts on Randomized AAS and other issues also popped up in the community feedback roundtable: 

Fuzzhead has also been looking at testing some of those game modes/layers and will occasionally hunt more testers in Discord, if you'd like to get involved/provide more feedback: http://discord.gg/squad

@Gatzby I think what OP is suggesting rests somewhat between RAAS and AAS with the random factor being a neutral cap point becoming available 10-15 minutes into the game which, upon capture, would either add tickets to the team who captured it or reduce tickets to the team that didn't. This random capture point can "spawn" anywhere on the map completely unrelated to the linear capture points on AAS.

Kinda like a bonus point

It could also not have to be a cap, it could be a cache or another asset. Gain tickets by blowing a cache, gain a vic by destroying a disabled one, that sort of thing. If the random "point" was role specific to capture, it would lend a bit of complexity to it. 

22 minutes ago, LugNut said:

It could also not have to be a cap, it could be a cache or another asset. Gain tickets by blowing a cache, gain a vic by destroying a disabled one, that sort of thing. If the random "point" was role specific to capture, it would lend a bit of complexity to it. 

Yeah.

Kind of like a side mission to the game....add variety....

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

@Gatzby I think what OP is suggesting rests somewhat between RAAS and AAS with the random factor being a neutral cap point becoming available 10-15 minutes into the game which, upon capture, would either add tickets to the team who captured it or reduce tickets to the team that didn't. This random capture point can "spawn" anywhere on the map completely unrelated to the linear capture points on AAS.

Kinda like a bonus point

...which is part of the reason they should totally join those game mode tests. ;) They have some good ideas!

8 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

...which is part of the reason they should totally join those game mode tests. ;) They have some good ideas!

giphy.gif

I think that instead of tickets the captured points could be taken go give resources for fobs and shit