Gatzby

Quick Note on Helicopters from Merlin

Hey gang!

Pulling over a post from reddit from Merlin. The text:

Unfortunately helicopters faced the sidelines last year with the animation overhaul and engine upgrades we did. We have been doing work on them, but not as a core focus yet.

Right now we've been largely focusing on performance work on the programming side, but in the middle of that our programmer who had been working on the helo system previously has now been able and go back and do some more important work needed on networked movement, which is an important component for having robust flying vehicles.

I would caution people against thinking that just because we're not posting videos or images, that we're not working on it. We've been working away diligently at it, and already have a prototype helo system. I think a mistake we made with the animation system was showing off too much too early in the prototyping stage, and giving people the impression it would be out shortly after that. You'll be seeing more about helicopters in due time, we'd just like to wait until they're closer to final delivery.

We're working hard at delivering the things that are priorities for the community right now, and I think you'll start to see the fruits of it in the coming months. It won't be helicopters at first, but it will be in due time. Hang in there everyone!

You can access it directly by clicking here.

Too many channels. Steam, reedit, forums,...way to many. In my case I go to steam and reedit to take a look beacause I´m curious, but I consider the forum to be the oficial and most trustworthy source.

3 weeks confirmed

jokes aside, i cant imagine how people can really think you dont work on these things. and its a good decision to wait a little, with the anim update there was too much waiting and too much people being disappointed by their own imagination.

5 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Too many channels. Steam, reedit, forums,...way to many. In my case I go to steam and reedit to take a look beacause I´m curious, but I consider the forum to be the oficial and most trustworthy source.

Same with me. I don't have time to bother with the other myriad places info is posted. 

On 2018-04-24 at 5:43 PM, Gatzby said:

Hey gang!

Pulling over a post from reddit from Merlin. The text:

You can access it directly by clicking here.

I'd prioritize choppers over British factions and whatnot any day. Choppers will make Squad a complete new game almost. 

Again thanks for posting information like this from external source as it should be posted here first.

Posted (edited)

why do some dev's favor reddit/other outlets over the official forums?

not complaining a genuine question. it seems most dev's are not even active on the official forums...thatnk god for gatzby haha.

and at least they are making a effort to inform the player base(much better than any other early access title)

Edited by ♠DEG♠

On 06/05/2018 at 12:34 AM, ♠DEG♠ said:

why do some dev's favor reddit/other outlets over the official forums?

not complaining a genuine question. it seems most dev's are not even active on the official forums...thatnk god for gatzby haha.

and at least they are making a effort to inform the player base(much better than any other early access title)

i think unfortunately it boils down to traffic.. reddit and facebook has a huge amount of players posting daily. i am making an effort to post more in the forums, but the reality is a post on reddit or facebook, is seen by tens of thousands, whereas the forums is seen by a much smaller (but more dedicated) group of players..

so i agree, these things should be posted here FIRST. i think its just the viewing habits that devs do, if they are on reddit reading their feed,and an interesting topic comes up, its natural for them to want to respond... 

i prefer the old days where the forums were the main place where discussion happened, it brings the community together and makes for intelligent conversation.  but that is not the reality we live in unfortuantely.

9 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

i think unfortunately it boils down to traffic.. reddit and facebook has a huge amount of players posting daily. i am making an effort to post more in the forums, but the reality is a post on reddit or facebook, is seen by tens of thousands, whereas the forums is seen by a much smaller (but more dedicated) group of players..

so i agree, these things should be posted here FIRST. i think its just the viewing habits that devs do, if they are on reddit reading their feed,and an interesting topic comes up, its natural for them to want to respond... 

i prefer the old days where the forums were the main place where discussion happened, it brings the community together and makes for intelligent conversation.  but that is not the reality we live in unfortuantely.

yea i gotcha..im just old school i guess ha. 

Btw fuzz great f*cking job on the AAS tweeks so so so much better!