fuzzhead

What Map would you like to see new layer(s) on?

Hey everyone, lets hear what maps you'd love to see new layers on!!

Or what map layers you feel need some love.

Cheers

-fuzz :D

I enjoyed Gorodok before it was expanded. The battle for the bridge was fun. Most current layers on this map are painfully big, some areas of the map never see battles and could be fun.

Generally i'd like to see some more areas used in all maps for small quick INF layers to use the existing assets for more playability.

Maybe some versions of maps with both bases located near the middle and flags around the edges for a gameplay experiment where resupply is close but with a lot of risk? In my head this would result in some extended front lines crossing the map and a lot of ambush.

Layers with a lot of unarmoured vehicles. Lots of movement with infantry and deployed weapons being very powerful.

Layers with assets that spawn on flags held, not at main. OR spawn at main when a flag is held. 

Layers with exposed cap areas, eg fields or forests rather than villages and buildings. This might be a superfobbers dream come true :)

I agree that Gorodok needs some love, but I assume it's coming with the map's optimisation.

Also, it'd be good to see layers use different base and attack directs more frequently, so instead of the bases sitting on opposite sides East and West have more layers that go North to South or more asymmetric with base and flag placement.

I just cant stand to fight over Papanov anymore... :P

Kohat and Gorodok come to my mind for some new layers.

Rather have Randomized AAS more than anything....I'll settle for AAS with 2 parallel mid caps like on Chora with Radio & Orchard being implemented similarly to all maps. 

More infantry layers with transport / logi only as vehicles and concentrated amount of caps that are within walking distance from each other. This should be done honestly for most maps. Similarly to what was recently done to Sumari I think was a great example of fixing up layer on a map that was previously one sided. 

Gorodok needs massive revamp.

Fool's Road is boring with Papanov over and over and over. Suggestion would be something like this:

28zxq9.jpg

3 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Rather have Randomized AAS more than anything....I'll settle for AAS with 2 parallel mid caps like on Chora with Radio & Orchard being implemented similarly to all maps. 

More infantry layers with transport / logi only as vehicles and concentrated amount of caps that are within walking distance from each other. This should be done honestly for most maps. Similarly to what was recently done to Sumari I think was a great example of fixing up layer on a map that was previously one sided. 

Gorodok needs massive revamp.

Fool's Road is boring with Papanov over and over and over. Suggestion would be something like this:

28zxq9.jpg

Yep, can't wait for random AAS, random anything really. 

More Invasion layers please. While it can be hard to balance, I've been really enjoying Invasion lately. 

+1 for more close infantry focused layers using currently neglected parts of maps. 

What about armor focused layers? I know we don't have tanks yet, but it could be fun for packs of IFVs to be running around trying to kill each other. Lots of targets for LATs and the upcoming AT emplacements. 

I'd also like to see more caps that are important strategically regardless of if there are any buildings there. Hilltops overlooking road junctions, bridges, that sort of thing. Then, you'd have to decide if you want to HAB and fortify out in the open, or in the nearest village. 

I honestly think papanov shouldn't be a cap point, it's too close to the map's corner which greatly increases the pain of trying to take it from the other team since you can really only attack from 2 directions.

More room around capture points to manouvre squads around should be a main thing to keep in mind when creating new layouts.

Thanks guys, great suggestions, some more layers have been added in A11 and will take a look at adding more once its out :)

On 4/28/2018 at 3:05 AM, fuzzhead said:

some more layers have been added in A11

Any of the ones we suggested here? Or was this thread just a big front???

On 4/24/2018 at 8:19 AM, suds said:

Most current layers on this map are painfully big, some areas of the map never see battles and could be fun.

Generally i'd like to see some more areas used in all maps for small quick INF layers to use the existing assets for more playability.

Definitely would like to see more light infantry centered maps.