Guan_Yu007

Alien: Isolation's peek system.

Anyone who has played Alien:Isolation will remember how you used to hide behind stuff and being able to peek over it, something like this would be pretty great in Squad, since the walls arround the fields for example are too high to be able to shoot from behind them, why not implent something that allows players to peek over them, same way as done with leaning left and right.

I played isolation but I dont think that system fits Squad, i would prefer something like BF4, which dynamically puts you in and out of cover without having the need to press an extra key.

I played isolation but I dont think that system fits Squad, i would prefer something like BF4, which dynamically puts you in and out of cover without having the need to press an extra key.

Except it only works when you don't need it

The leaning from alien isolation would (alien) ressurect(ion) the long lost and dearly missed dolphin diving and bunny jumping from early BF2, but in an even worse kind of way. I did love this feature in Isolation, but it wouldn't work for a multiplayer game to be honest

The lean system currently in place is really nice however it would be nice to be able to change the keys for it as I like to use the extra buttons on my mouse. I tried a ton of console lines but nothing seemed to work.

the side lean system seems to work fine, i think something needs to be done about the vertical peeking tho, was on the prealpha this weekend and hid behind some sandbag walls like this http://media.joinsquad.com/2015/jul/JuneRecap/deployables_states.jpg and was getting really annoyed as the two stances (crouched or standing) either kept me just shy of being able to peek over the wall or exposed my entire upper body to be shot at.

I like this idea, sounds reasonable that you could lower your gun, stretch up your hand and have a quick look.

Or we just get this thing:

reconscoutro.jpg

Except it only works when you don't need it

The leaning from alien isolation would (alien) ressurect(ion) the long lost and dearly missed dolphin diving and bunny jumping from early BF2, but in an even worse kind of way. I did love this feature in Isolation, but it wouldn't work for a multiplayer game to be honest

I don't know how the leaning in that game worked, but surely it would be possible to create a leaning feature without resulting in dolphin diving? 

I don't know how the leaning in that game worked, but surely it would be possible to create a leaning feature without resulting in dolphin diving?

One key to enable leaning and then, atleast for PS4, move the stick anyway you want to lean quick as lightning. Tone it down a bit and it could work well, but a straight copy would get abused as I see it

please, no peek systems ;)

Why not? It's a good feature to have for spotting. Aslong as you see through the eyes of the character and not from the top of his helmet like in BF4 it's no problem either. If you see the enemy the enemy can see you

why add another Feature to the mix that would complicate an already complex piece of software, and may have unintended side effects down the track?

whats wrong with simply leaning around a corner, or getting up from squatted-down to see over cover? i used to use lean regularly to lower my head height in JO, if the other positions were'nt working for me - lots of peeps did, it was quite handy.

maybe have a Stooped(half-standing) position as well as a full(squat) Crouch, (prone-crouch-stoop-stand)?

I would love the ability to peak upwards and squat lower when in crouch. Too often I want cover I can't see over or I want cover that leaves half my body exposed. I don't think it would be difficult to have a few different stance states of crouch.

I too think peek would be neat, but my least favorite part of any FPS game is getting sniped over and over again by someone you can't find.  Snipers could get an advantage and it would go against the game to counterbalance a peek by showing you on the map for a few seconds.  But I'm for testing anything to see how it affects gameplay, just so I can still get that vulnerable yet empowering PR feel or something even better.