Flud

FPS Drops after death? Help please!

I've been playing squad before v10 with great performance and no problem with FPS. Since the new update it seems my FPS just got worse and my FPS seems to drop by decibels of 20-30 each time I respawn? I used to play squad with 90+ FPS in V9, now Im lucky to get back there. At the beginning of a round performance is fine but as the round goes on my FPS declines to the 40-50's. Why is this? its really frustrating, I know its not my PC holding me back its something to do with V10. I dont have VSYNC enabled or anything. I was playing squad last night finally and the problem didn't occur and I was at the 80's region I thought the problem fixed but I guess not. I've searched all around and haven't been able to find a solution.

PC: 

GTX 1080 8GB

i7-7700k 4.2 GHZ

16 GB Ram

Posted (edited)

Have you tried deleting your data folder? 

https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache

1 hour ago, Flud said:

I've been playing squad before v10 with great performance and no problem with FPS. Since the new update it seems my FPS just got worse and my FPS seems to drop by decibels of 20-30 each time I respawn? I used to play squad with 90+ FPS in V9, now Im lucky to get back there. At the beginning of a round performance is fine but as the round goes on my FPS declines to the 40-50's. Why is this? its really frustrating, I know its not my PC holding me back its something to do with V10. I dont have VSYNC enabled or anything. I was playing squad last night finally and the problem didn't occur and I was at the 80's region I thought the problem fixed but I guess not. I've searched all around and haven't been able to find a solution.

PC: 

GTX 1080 8GB

i7-7700k 4.2 GHZ

16 GB Ram

Try both then reset your settings.

Edited by CC-Marley

Posted (edited)

Well if it makes you feel better my FPS went from 50-75 on medium settings to 25-45 on low settings.

i7 6700

GTX 970 4g

SSD

16g ram

Edited by CC-Marley

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Flud said:

PC: 

GTX 1080 8GB

i7-7700k 4.2 GHZ

16 GB Ram

Hello, I have got the same problem. 

I have got the same problem. I join game i have got 80 fps, then i die and I spawn and on the same place with same conditions I have like 45 fps. I have tried reinsatling the game and it didnt help.

Edited by StryyTS

Posted (edited)

the only thing that helps me is clearing the cache literally every time before i start playing.

so do that if you have not.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

18 hours ago, StryyTS said:

Hello, I have got the same problem. 

I have got the same problem. I join game i have got 80 fps, then i die and I spawn and on the same place with same conditions I have like 45 fps. I have tried reinsatling the game and it didnt help.

still looking for a fix please let me know if you find something people with lower end pcs receiving better fps than I is stupid

15 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

the only thing that helps me is clearing the cache literally every time before i start playing.

so do that if you have not.

does not work for me but thank you for trying 

Hi,

have the same problem since V10.2

regards,

Wiffel

me too, same problem since v10.2  with i5 6600k oc and msi1070 8gb, only in Squad game have this problem, low fps ,pls fix  the game, thanks

Checked in with the support team; this seems to be an open issue that QA is investigating. If you folks have any more information about when it happens/what might cause it/any consistent behavior, it would likely be useful. 

Has anyone besides Wiffel noticed it tied to any specific patch or time period? Have you checked video drivers, etc, lately?

On 4/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, Gatzby said:

Checked in with the support team; this seems to be an open issue that QA is investigating. If you folks have any more information about when it happens/what might cause it/any consistent behavior, it would likely be useful. 

Has anyone besides Wiffel noticed it tied to any specific patch or time period? Have you checked video drivers, etc, lately?

Video drivers are all up to date it usually happens 5 minutes in or after dying. 

Posted (edited)

One perspective worth looking into is the buildable objects. Normally the worst FPS drop happens on AI Basra where the Taliban would just build fortress. In fact, some of the experienced players would even estimate how fortified certain points would be by looking at FPS drop.

Edited by Noobgamer

Posted (edited)

hi,

it's not Hardware related i think..

i have I5-8600k on all cores up to 4.8Ghz

16GB DDR4 RAM

GTX 1070

Drop fron 90+ FPS to ~40-55fps after death.

a Friend:

AMD  FX-8350

8GB RAM

HD7970

drop from 50-60fps to 20-30fps after death.

(he reinstalled OS, Driver and reinstalled the game complete -> same issue)

we have the problems only with V10.2

the older V10 and V10.1 without Problems.

but, its not everytime after the first death.. sometimes we can die some times in a row without issues...

regards,

Wiffel

Edited by Wiffel
add Info

Same happens... When I start to game I get 60-70 fps but after I give up my fps drops to 25-30. I am not playing the game anymore because of this issue. As you lads said, it happened after v10.2.

I've stopped playing as well since my FPS dropped into the 20's on Sumari the other night.

i7 6700

16 GB ram

GTX 970

SSD

On 4/24/2018 at 6:48 PM, Gatzby said:

Relevant thread: 

Posted (edited)

I'll reply to this instead of making a new thread. I have a problem in squad whereby in the menus I'll get 110 FPS, firing range over 70 FPS.  I can load into a server and get 70 FPS on initial load (even cranked to the max).  Shortly after beginning to play, the CPU and GPU will both drop off, and FPS will tank.  We're talking 16% GPU loading, and ~20% CPU loading, and maybe 20 FPS if I'm really lucky after a while. 

Meanwhile my WC loop is at 34C (just loading into the Shadow Warrior 2 menu will make it warmer than that and that's not 3D even).

I've even got a screen shot of exactly the point this happens at, although the FPS hasn't finished crapping out yet.  About 1 minute after this it was at 18.  No settings have any impact on this, even running at 2X resolution (native for me is 2560x1600).

@Gatzby It seems almost like the other cores on the CPU fall off when this happens, but I can't really tell.... I.E. It goes from being multithreaded to poorly single threaded, as it's not even maxing a core.

Edited by Rhynri
Readability

we checked with V11.. issue is gone... no FPS Issues for us :) ~10 Rounds :)

On 02.05.2018 at 1:26 PM, Wiffel said:

we checked with V11.. issue is gone... no FPS Issues for us :) ~10 Rounds :)

same goes for me but lets hope it stays like it when the v11 actually released