Peerun

Bipod seamlessness

It'd be nice to be able to detach the bipod just by turning to the edge/limit of its traverse, when ADS

edit: Although even better imo, as far as making it more fluid to play with a bipod, even though I'm guessing Squad is maybe trying to not copy Project Reality in this, would be to have 2 modes for the weapon - like the PPSh has a drum and stick magazine states.

Bipod up
Obvious, acts like a rifle

Bipod down 
Click ADS to deploy the bipod and ADS, stays deployed after you exit ADS.
Click ADS to deploy the bipod - NO PLACE TO DEPLOY - bipod folds/goes up, goes into ADS - when exiting ADS bipod unfolds.

Current bipod key could be used to toggle between bipod up/down.

That way you are more flexible and it doesn't feel like you are just a mobile machine gun deployable, but you also aren't overpowered running around with your bipod down because of the delay of putting the bipod up if you ADS and there isn't anything to put it down on.

Edited by Peerun

I'm not sure what situation you're trying to find a solution to? If it's the restricted arc once the bipod is deployed I'd rather see a key (F?) where you can raise the gun with deployed bipod and rotate but be unable to fire until lowered again.

apart from inconsistent and frustrating deployment of the bipod on many surfaces I dont mind its operation.

the fact that you get blocked trying to turn in some locations  is fine once you get used to it, it makes sense. I'd rather the gun still rotated if it was able to but you maybe couldnt see along the sights if your body was blocked but that is a bit of a stretch really.

I you can get it up (giggidy) it is very powerful thanks to the accuracy.

Bipod is very frustrating as I have posted on another thread... but not clear what you are after with this ?  are you suggesting keeping the bipod down and being able to rest it on objects, rather than having to deploy it every time?

Current bipod implementation is quite fine for me. As already said, the only problem is inconsistent placement. Palace windows on Sumari are a good example.

I much prefer the bipod management in RO2, where once you turned past its range of rotation, your avatar picked the entire weapon up slightly and then placed it back down once you stopped turning. While it was up in the air, you couldn't fire it. The whole thing was logical, and mindless. Plus, being able to duck while reloading or under fire...... 

Edited by LugNut

Bipods in say battlefield or arma are seamless in the sense that when you aim outside the bounds of the bipod, it just comes up and you are free to do so, there is no hard "stop"

8 hours ago, Randall172 said:

Bipods in say battlefield or arma are seamless in the sense that when you aim outside the bounds of the bipod, it just comes up and you are free to do so, there is no hard "stop"

yes but the hard stop is so inconsistent you are never quite sure why it has a hard stop... 

if you stop it is usually because your body/legs are obstructed.

goes a bit weird on top of walls.

I had this problem yesterday on op first light.. lying down , no matter where I put the rifle it would not turn left or right, it got to the point I just changed kits, I have it recorded again.