Sign in to follow this  
Tommy

Intel system - capture assets/vehicles

I'm assuming we will always be unable to capture & use enemy vehicles for gameplay reasons and that got me thinking about a intel system as an alternative reward to 'capturing' assets.  

A little shower thought suggestion:   If you capture and enemy vehicle it gives you relevant intel.  i.e transports might give approx. location of the rally point of the last squad that used it, or their approx. present location.  Logi might give you approx. location of where it last dropped its supplies.   

Maybe it should also work on destroyed vehicles within 60 seconds... 'save the intel before it burns'.

Just a small idea to add a bit more to gameplay.  

Edited by Tommy
typo

I wish we could capture vehicles, but only use the driver seat. Drive them back to your own main for tickets/faster respawn of your vehicles of the same type or something. Might be easier to implement then the intel idea.

Original idea nonetheless.

Edited by oTec

59 minutes ago, Smee said:

I like this idea, abandoned vehicles giving Intel 

Dont thy already as a lot of noobs park a logi near the FOB :-)

I personally dont think the idea is that much necessary its not bad but unnecessary.

I am more or less into beeing able to use some enemy vehicles ;-) 

hot damn that's a good idea! Definitely for abandoning Logis giving off info of where supplies were dropped (radius) to give the team an indication of where the enemy FOB is/was. 

Has a very strong potential to fix the issue of abandoning vehicles! 

giphy.gif

I don't like it, sorry. Maybe in a game mode like Insurgency, otherwise, it seems weird. I'd rather you could enter an abandoned vehicle and then disable it, either destroy it (because who doesn't like things that go boom?) or just render it unable to drive, like you popped the hood and wrecked some of the components. Either would also discourage people from abandoning vics, especially if they either didn't respawn at all, or with a long delay. 

With the ability to damage systems coming, and then the ability for crews to repair them, this might become moot. For example, you could shoot up a logi, rendering parts of it damaged, tires flat, or engine wrecked and inoperable, and then, if the enemy gets their sh!t together, they could come back and repair it. Otherwise, it sits there on the battlefield all match. 

3 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I don't like it, sorry. Maybe in a game mode like Insurgency, otherwise, it seems weird. I'd rather you could enter an abandoned vehicle and then disable it, either destroy it (because who doesn't like things that go boom?) or just render it unable to drive, like you popped the hood and wrecked some of the components. Either would also discourage people from abandoning vics, especially if they either didn't respawn at all, or with a long delay. 

With the ability to damage systems coming, and then the ability for crews to repair them, this might become moot. For example, you could shoot up a logi, rendering parts of it damaged, tires flat, or engine wrecked and inoperable, and then, if the enemy gets their sh!t together, they could come back and repair it. Otherwise, it sits there on the battlefield all match. 

But that doesn't address the additional consequence of abandoning vehicle. You take aim at an asset loss whereas OP takes it a step further and implies intel the vehicle carried. Kinda of a manifest with location of FOB the abandoned logi was en route before it got ambushed/abandoned. This has potential of seeing convoys being used more often to protect logis which are undeniably the most important vehicle asset in the game. 

Enemy FOBs aren't hard to find if you come across a parked logi. It's either right next to it, or within an easy running distance, you look at the map, figure out where you would put it closer to the cap, and bingo, there it is. I'm not really a fan of the game providing hints, I think players should learn to use their brains. 

As it is now, if you kill a logi, it can hurt an enemy team pretty badly for whatever the cooldown is, 10 minutes. If it's abandoned and ends up in enemy territory, it can be a fun mini mission to sneak up and try to steal it back. Once the added features of disabling it come online, you can disable it so it won't respawn, and be that much harder to save and RTB. Which will make them even more valuable and players should learn to protect them. If you've ever been on a team that is logi-less, while you watch the other guys roll you up since you can't place a fob ANYWHERE, I'm sure you've learned to keep them safe. 

GOD please !!!! No intel from capturing vehicles !!!! Pleaseeeee !!! 

One thing i love about this game is that intel is acquired physiclly !!! And spreads out in the team by players who take the time to inform the team by ethier chat or voice comms . 

This also leaves alot of place for flanking tactics and more .... 

Much better solution for capturing enemy vehicles would be something like getting some constuction points and ammo from it , and hell maybe even tickets ..... But please for the love of GOD !!! Not even a bit of info about the enemy team !!!! 

I like the idea of being able to capture them and drive them off... not the intel thing... i.e if the enemy captures them then another doesnt spawn! that may stop the friggin abandoning of vehicles... 

21 minutes ago, embecmom said:

I like the idea of being able to capture them and drive them off... not the intel thing... i.e if the enemy captures them then another doesnt spawn! that may stop the friggin abandoning of vehicles... 

It will become a recovery service. Can see a team losing there assets, don't think it will stop people they still waste them.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

It will become a recovery service. Can see a team losing there assets, don't think it will stop people they still waste them.

well that would be interesting dynamic having to send a squad to get their vehicles back! might be a bit more exciting than having to capture flags..

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

well that would be interesting dynamic having to send a squad to get their vehicles back! might be a bit more exciting than having to capture flags..

You could create a new role, that of the diplomat, they could hold talks with the other side, and after long negotiations and at a mutually agreed upon time and location, both sides could trade captured vehicles. xD

8 hours ago, LugNut said:

You could create a new role, that of the diplomat, they could hold talks with the other side, and after long negotiations and at a mutually agreed upon time and location, both sides could trade captured vehicles. xD

I like it.   new icon on the map that both sides can see.  The exchange point...

Problem is I know those dirty rebels will plant IEDs on the vehicles for the hand over...  but just imagine stealing that logi truck... you would have groups not destroying them but hunting them down to kidnap them... 

I like the idea of stealing an enemy APC, using it as a Trojan Horse and storming a cap from the inside, but you know in pub matches it would turn out like this.....

On 19/04/2018 at 4:42 PM, LugNut said:

I like the idea of stealing an enemy APC, using it as a Trojan Horse and storming a cap from the inside, but you know in pub matches it would turn out like this.....

or this...