Friesen

Why does Squad still doesn't have the suppression flinch like in HLL ??

For me it would be great to have a suppression like in RS Vietnam. Definitely less invasive than PR and HLL, but more effective than the current one.

Suppression sucks. If it starts to make my gun jump around nonsensically it's gonna be ridiculous.

You shoot to kill. If you don't kill the enemy, it's because he didn't peek, mission accomplished. If he does, you better hit. People tend to think you just need to spray an area randomly. Gosh...

If you haven't had the chance to check out our last Squad Chat with SgtRoss, he does go into some detail on suppression:

I haven't played HLL yet, but I think the effect you're referring to is something SgtRoss mentions around 57:30 as part of the prototype, but unsure if it will make it into the final version. (Of course, feedback threads like this one help. ;)) I think TheNirl informs us it's called aimpunch around there too. (TMYK!)

I fervently hope that OWI sees this as a chance to differentiate its product from HLL.

Well I listened to the podcast there and I'm glad they're thinking on adding more suppression but do I actually want the gueasy grey screen that is in RO2 or HLL ? No... I don't want that grey screen. I just want a slight sway/flinch for whizzing bullets like here in the video DH. It works the best because it still doesn't prevent you to fire back, but it takes your accuracy away a bit, and all the people saying nay, they've never actually tried it how great it works. And this is why with this small sway/flinch of your steady aim for whizzing bullets would improve the overall firefights by about 200% and I've been praying and hoping this would be one day in Squad so I can finally enjoy the firefights more than individual marksman picking each other off and completely unswayed and unaffected by an MG firing at them.

Note: not the first part of the video where it shows zero sway (that's comparison between Insurgency alpha vs Darkest Hour).

Trust me even with that sway/flinch you see in the video I still aim and shoot the MG gunner no problem. But the fact of the matter is that sniping anyone across the map in Squad is just way too easy because of lack of these mechanics.

Btw. I heard rumours on forums and steam that Squad is dying so it's not me that was saying that, I only wrote what I've heard ppl saying.

Edited by Friesen