Good Day Squaddies.

Im am just curios on the damage you get for dropping of a wall thats 1 meter high and almost dying from it... I just feel thats a bit unrealistic if I must say.

Have a Great Day!

huh? I don't think there is damage penalty for that height in game? Did you had low HP with bleeding?

23 minutes ago, Disco said:

huh? I don't think there is damage penalty for that height in game? Did you had low HP with bleeding?

I dont really know - I just recently noticed it while watching a video and only realizing that its quite sensitive when it gets too falling. But it could just be me man

Hm... I don't think it's 1m or anything low as that but not sure atm. You have to remember that, in game, characters are in combat gear. And some of them have full rucksacks.

Just now, Disco said:

Hm... I don't think it's 1m or anything low as that but not sure atm. You have to remember that, in game, characters are in combat gear. And some of them have full rucksacks.

Thats true, I did not think about it in that way.

If you test out fall damage on the shooting range you'll see you need to be quite high (est 2m) to inflict significant damage on yourself. You can end up in a bleeding state from fall damage which I still find a little strange. It could happen but isn't overly likely irl. If you end up sustaining significant fall damage I think a better way to indicate it other than bleeding would be for your character to just fall over like when your shot or knocked down by vehicles. You shouldn't just be able to jump down, sustain an injury and kill a foe while still standing. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

If you test out fall damage on the shooting range you'll see you need to be quite high (est 2m) to inflict significant damage on yourself. You can end up in a bleeding state from fall damage which I still find a little strange. It could happen but isn't overly likely irl. If you end up sustaining significant fall damage I think a better way to indicate it other than bleeding would be for your character to just fall over like when your shot or knocked down by vehicles. You shouldn't just be able to jump down, sustain an injury and kill a foe while still standing. 

I like the idea, would be really cool, but height should be really significant in order to send one tumbling over after landing. 

Edited by bravo2zero

On 13/04/2018 at 4:00 PM, bravo2zero said:

I like the idea, would be really cool, but height should be really significant in order to send one tumbling over after landing. 

I prefer things that are based on realism in a game that way you're not surprised about what just happened. Jump down far enough to get injured and start bleeding but still standing there as if nothing happened - wtf? Did I just supposedly end up with a bone sticking out of my leg to cause me to bleed? How come I am still standing and can sprint as fast as I did before if I just broke my leg? Little things that make the game a bit more immersive because they're grounded in realism. That's what I'd like to see more of.

Quick fix (Lol.. it won't be quick) for all this fall damage from minimum heights would be solved with a drop feature. Allow the player to lower themselves from a high area (Walls, buildings, ect.) Just like they have a "Climb" feature. Allow the players to drop down from a height slowly like the climb up or jump off quickly and take damage as is now (Or fall off the wall).

Its realistic, would fix most of the griping about fall damage and bleeding, leaves the player vulnerable to enemy fire while taking the safer drop option. I don't want to see squad turn into "HARD CORE PARKOUR!!!" military bullshit but that's how I've gotten down walls with combat gear, Slow with security. 

How to implement it? Sure as shit wouldn't use the jump key to initiate the drop. Could imagine the frustration from players leaping to their deaths when they wanted to drop.   Probably a mix of crouching and looking down at the edge or some shit idk.  

Lets beat this dead horse a little more, I think the meat isn't tender enough.