Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

Join by clan tag/preformed fireteam

Getting frustrated with the randomness of trying to get together with a bunch of friends to play together on the same server/side/squad. To get a small team of say 6-7 players all lined up in a row usually takes us 2-3 matches in a row, with the limitations of side balancing etc

Just wondering if it might be possible to implement a system whereby a group of friends etc might be able to join a server as a pre-formed squad?

Maybe via the clan tag system?

I understand that larger groups of players joining together can offset the side balance mid game, but what about on the start of a new round?

Also, for the same reason I'm not saying let everyone with the same clan tag join the same side to the point that they dominate one side or the other - maybe a system which takes groups of the same tag over a certain size (ie one squad) to one team then migrates additional members to the other side? Hence the desire for a , pre-launch 'lobby' where a group leader can form a cohesive unit & then join a server/server matching process.

Would love to know if it's a possibility?

Not sure having the ability to join as a group is going to solve that? Would you not be waiting longer to find slots?  Y not just get into a server and kick people out your squad to make room for your mates?.. The only other solution is get your own server.. (bit extreme!) or join a clan where they white list on their own server which means you can usually guarantee space.

When I was playing PR regurarly with a clan/community, we just joined a server and teamswitched when it was room on the other side, aka the team balance was of.

It takes a little time tho.

some just ask admin to switch them over but again you end up with teams imbalance, problem with Squad is everyone wants to be USA !