Nightingale87

Came back for v10 TAGS/SPAWN opinion

I recently came back to Squad after a LONG time away form it. My first impression when I first got the game was "meh".  At one point I thought "I´m playing Red Orchestra 2 with modern maps". 

But v10 has suprised me and I´m quite pleased. I see the game is moving a bit towards where i´d like it to be. I AM REALLY HAPPY ABOUT v10. The animations, vault, climb jump stuff is just great. I know there are some problems with animations and medic stuff but I have faith they´ll fix it.

Now, there are 2 things that I´d like to see improved.

1. NAME TAGS. Not only are they annoying but I think they provide with a combat awareness that should only be achieved by communication and realistic tactics. I know it´s annoying, but FRIENDLY FIRE is REALISTIC. There is no blue on blue because you can always easlily tell if you´re aming at a friend even if he is 300mts away from you, prone, behind 2 tree lines, smoke and inside a house!!!!!!

PLEASE make name tags have some delay (3-5 secs), NOT TRHOUGH WALS AND STUFF  and smoke!...and only close distance...like dunno...30 mts???....

Target confirmation is a big part of modern warfare and tags just take it away from the game. Identyfing friend from foe is a skill I want to have a part in the game.

2. RESPAWN TIME and fobs. I know they´ve increased it when the FOB is under attack (I think). I think you should either make it a REALLY long time to respawn in a fob that is under attack, or just completely remove the possibility to spawn in a fob under attack. 

Being new to a game that claims to be "realistic" and spawning under fire over and over again made me think I was playing COD. If you change that, sls will be compeled to plan the location of fobs and its defence.

Thank you for Reading. I´d like to know your opinion.

Posted (edited)

Completely agreed word to word especially about name tags. Well put together. IFF should be done through comms and experience and name tags should only show up up close an delayed and not through objects.

Edited by Rainmaker

the time respawn keeps worst!  WE NEED BLOCK THE FOB WHEN ENEMYS GET INSIDE RADIO's AREA!

I do understand that without helicopters it would be hard to redeploy quickly to defend a FOB, so maybe one way to give the fobs some chance to defend against an organized attack is being able to spawn right there. Still...I think that spawning time should increase even in the current versions.

I completely agree with this post. Both nametags and spawn time/or not spawn at all . Nametags are really anoying sometimes and Fobs need to be disabled when enemies are close within a certain distance.

No that I´ve played some moe I also understand that having nametags on friendlies is making combat to lethat and firefights shorter. Now as son as I see movement I open fire. Because if there is no name tag, I don´t care to ask for Intel or open map for confirmation, I just FIRE! And I know everybody does so. SO yes, I stand my point that nametags should only be displayed close (say 10mts) not behind walls nor tres nor smoke and up to 50 mts but only with 5 seconds delay while aming at the player. (maybe even squad mates only?)

In case you missed it, some changes are coming to tags, as well as some of the other UI facets of Squad. Check 'em out: http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=271

We're going to continue to monitor feedback on tags, of course -- we're hoping to get to a point where everyone finds them fairly satisfying.

I know you are tryint to please everybody, and I cna only imagine how hard it is.  And I thank you for that.

I know we all have our own idea of how the game should be, to please our personal interest. 

I know you have to make money out of all this.

I only please ask for the game to have just the mínimum amount of Nametags, so people actually have to check what they are shooting at before opening fire. I want to see IFF as a skill. I want to see "blue on blue" I want it to be more immersive and realistic.

I know some people don´t feel the same, so please, just add an option for server admins to turn nametags on/off or set them as they see fit, so the community will have it both ways, and everybody will be happy. People will chose which server they want to play in. 

Thank you again.