As the title say.

I cannot set cpu affinity nor change priority if the game, I get the code access denied?

I want to try and force the game to use one or two cores only.

I have i7-7700hq 

On 4/10/2018 at 4:53 AM, samwiseOrigin said:

Changing CPU Priority/Affinity was disabled for a reason given by EAC 

EAC has made it disabled for security measure 

If you have any further question you can contact EAC here : 

https://www.easy.ac/#contact

Much appreciated

6 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Why would you want to do this? 

If you are asking me - It's not up to my nor Developers' decisions as EAC is not "part" of OWI 

If you are asking elmo_11080 - I guess he was trying to limit the # of cores being used to this game... 

7 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

If you are asking me - It's not up to my nor Developers' decisions as EAC is not "part" of OWI 

If you are asking elmo_11080 - I guess he was trying to limit the # of cores being used to this game... 

Why limit the cores used? What good comes from that? Curious 

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Why limit the cores used? What good comes from that? Curious 

Game that use (mostly) a single core, normally tend to use 99% of that processing cores processing power. The theory behind processor affinity is that the Operating systems tasks are run (for example) on core 1 and game is run on core 2. The idea is that the processing power required by the operating system (Windows for example) isn't disturbing the processing power required by the game (when everything is run on single core).

28 minutes ago, DeckGunner said:

Game that use (mostly) a single core, normally tend to use 99% of that processing cores processing power. The theory behind processor affinity is that the Operating systems tasks are run (for example) on core 1 and game is run on core 2. The idea is that the processing power required by the operating system (Windows for example) isn't disturbing the processing power required by the game (when everything is run on single core).

Thanks for info. Does windows do a lot of garbage in the background normally? 

45 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Thanks for info. Does windows do a lot of garbage in the background normally? 

not really. limiting # of cores the game can use will hurt your fps badly. whoever says squad uses 1 core is bullshitting you or just does not knows himself, and whoever needs to manipulate affinity might just want to bypass EAC as well.

(HT might be an exception, I don't have HT cores so I didn't test it)

if you really want to try, more logical solution would be to set a couple of cores for every other process on your system while leaving all of them available for the game, but it won't help anyway.

I never said that one core will or will not help, but I do want to have the option to try it. 

there's also the ''high-priority'' issue, which did increase frames  by a lot but now sadly has been disabled. 

3 hours ago, Gerardusnl0 said:

there's also the ''high-priority'' issue, which did increase frames  by a lot but now sadly has been disabled. 

Yep, I posted about this on reddit a few patches back, dev response was along the lines of "we know, it's gone, working as intended". It did boost my FPS quite a bit back before V10. 

Any particular reason to why it was disables? I dont see how would that go against eac policy, or maybe I am just not informed enough 

It was disabled due to possibility of injecting foreign codes into the game while changing affinity in which goes directly against EAC's policy 
This is no longer concern of the developers and the topic is closed