Locke

Better ingame Maps

I mean something like in ArmA. Not so  photorealistic but with more details and highlines for hills and valley's, this is the most important point I think. 

Maybe just add small things to the map to indicate what terrain it is such as saddle, ridge, etc. Then have a legend saying what each one is to help with the communication and keeps everyone on the same page.

8 hours ago, Locke said:

I mean something like in ArmA. Not so  photorealistic but with more details and highlines for hills and valley's, this is the most important point I think. 

I'm all for a simulated relief topographical map as opposed to the MiniMap that that's generated by the SDK. That would certainly be more realistic. I wouldn't stop there however. The current map system and the data it shows simply allows people to ghost & cheat and should be overhauled at some point to eliminate this exploit.

I miss the roads specially. Sometimes they are impossible to see on the map.

what maps need is contrast . almost everything looks same shade of same color

I *believe* some updated maps are in the works as part of UI upgrades. Not sure if there's topographical data on them, but that's definitely a good request. (Seems like it would fit well with mortars and the rocket technical too.)

Might also help with planning your approach. Too many times i've had to assault over open plains due to having no idea how the terrain up ahead is.

Running around is often a long flank, so i often end up taking the risk. (And ending up with 'bout 17 bullet holes)

19 hours ago, virusman said:

what maps need is contrast . almost everything looks same shade of same color

pfff do you live in UK on a wet dreary day...everything is a lighter shade of grey....

does more detailed maps mean a bigger hit to FPS ?  I'm assuming there needs to be a balance... I think it begins to look samey when you have played the same map for over 2000 hours :0