invisible.nin/SINE

I'm a kid, how will people react towards me and how should I behave?

I'm a kid, how will people react towards me and how should I behave?

Related - How old are the Squad players (poll threads):

Spoiler

FAQ:

> Am I allowed to play this game?

Spoiler

From a legal standpoint: Your parents (/people with parental authority) have to decice, nobody else can forbid you to play the game under a certain age. But please accept that there are communities, which will focus on mature players, this is up to the server owners on who they like to accept or not. If you have a group of friends, you don't want old men joining in, right? Most communities however, do not forbid younger players to participate on their servers or even join their member ranks.

> Will people accept me or will there be people mocking me or kicking me?

Spoiler

Yes and No, you will experience both. Which experience you want to focus on, is up to you. Personally, I would recommend you to focus on the positive experiences and build on that. Getting mad about it and acting in a destructive manner will rain very negative consequences on you, most of the time. You may not be mature at age, but you certainly have the choice to act maturely on the inside, and decide to do something with your time, that will benefit you in the long term. And people will notice and respect you for that.

Different people make different experiences at different times, and there are many opinions on young players, this topic was discussed and continues to be many times and can be read in the list of threads on this topic, which are linked below (bottom for newer threads).

List of threads on this topic:

Reddit:

Spoiler

Forum:

Spoiler

> Should I consider anything specific, being a young player?

Spoiler

Yes, you should.

• Do not take it personally when you get declined or attacked by someone. Being mature doesn't mean being wise. And many people wear their badge of age in injustice. Maturity begins on the inside of your head, not on a calendar.
  • It's simple: Think twice before you do something that you're unsure of being right (that gut feeling).
  • Don't talk too much but don't hesitate to share important information with your teammates. Keep your communication informative and compact at the very most of the times, orientate on the other players but set an even better example.
  • If someone criticizes your actions: Don't focus on the way the bring it towards you, it may be negative because they project their own emotional imbalances on your individual, this has nothing to do with you personally, most of the time. Even if it seems to be. Try to take out the very core of what they meant, and think about it. It may have a true side, and most of the time, also a wrong side. All based on opinions and perspectives.
  • Stay kind and calm at all times. Remember, you want to be accepted, so set a good example! The fact you're reading this and are participating and discussing about this means you have more brain mass than a good amount of the people being negative towards you. You can use this very talent and brain mass, and I'm sure you do.

Further questions and discussions may follow below this post. Please keep in mind, this topic may have very variying opinions. Please stay kind and respectful, keep the forum rules in mind and set a better example.

I think ill just go get my walking frame now... when I see an age table end at 50+ I know my life is over....

What the game needs for training young recruits is a WOT style recording system that can produce videos when someone made extrodinary play. Last night I got over 70 kills in a single game as an RU optic rifle man, cause I was the only one in the entire 40-men team who knew where to go to get good angles on enemies. It would be so much better if I can just upload a very small file, like what you do for WOT, to an official website that would make a weekly series out of it on Youtube. Currently the FPS optimization is far from satisfactory and I simply don't want to loss 5+ framerates to recording.

Firstly, Didn't read anything.

Secondly, I love kids they have high energy and learning potential. I've had nothing but good experiences with kids in squad and I hope more kids choose Squad over battlefield or other casual AAA titles and free to play trash heaps.

More important is, what about the few female players, why do some people still not accept female players into their squad? (yes for some that apparently still is an off-limits topic) female players help to calm down the squadmembers with their calm voices for instance...