SpecialAgentJohnson

Ultra-armoured motorbikes!

What's up with the motorbikes in this game? They can withstand probably one hundred rounds of 7.62 at close range and probably also a nade underneath. That is quite insane! I bet you could incapacitate a motorbike with one single 5.56mm round through the gas tank or hitting the fuel pump or the carburator or something!!! This is completely unrealistic!!! Motorbikes should be fast as hell but shouldn't take more than one mag to disable max! Also the physics of them could be much improved.

You should probably test these things on a live server before making threads about it. Wild assumptions aren't really helpful to anyone, neither is feedback full of hyperboles.

22 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

They can withstand probably one hundred rounds of 7.62 at close range and probably also a nade underneath. That is quite insane!

27 rounds from the M240B (7.62x51mm) at 1m range.

54 rounds from the M4A1 (5.56x45mm) at 1m range.

Localised damage is going to be a thing in Squad eventually so they'll be able to be disabled a lot easier before being destroyed. If the devs made them explode after 5 rounds they would be absolutely useless to people playing as Insurgents. It's a means to an end, not a final system.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Assi said:

You should probably test these things on a live server before making threads about it. Wild assumptions aren't really helpful to anyone, neither is feedback full of hyperboles.

27 rounds from the M240B (7.62x51mm) at 1m range.

54 rounds from the M4A1 (5.56x45mm) at 1m range.

Localised damage is going to be a thing in Squad eventually so they'll be able to be disabled a lot easier before being destroyed. If the devs made them explode after 5 rounds they would be absolutely useless to people playing as Insurgents. It's a means to an end, not a final system.

The exact numbers are completely irrelevant. On live servers, everyone leave the super motorbikes alone instead of destroying them for easy tickets because they are too difficult to destroy to destroy and they'd rather save their nades or their LAW(!). Of course I tested! 54 rounds of 5.56 mm at 1m range to destroy a motorbike with rubber tires!!! Totally ridiculous! Do you think that is reasonable? Instead of making motorbikes indestructible they could litter them everywhere or make the respawn timer really short. Problem solved. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

giphy.gif

Yeah when I'm getting ready to shoot an enemy on a scooter I don't aim for the carburetor or gas tank ;) And when the guy gets shot off I tell everyone to get away from the bike because of this:

I usually destroy motorbikes on the maps where they respawn and it only takes one AK mag.

Yeah you're probably right that a single rifle round to the gas tank/engine will disable a motorbike EVENTUALLY, but the game deals in instant destruction. It's really rather irrelevant in game terms whether the vehicle will stop due to leaking gas 10 minutes after being shot.
By your logic, technicals should also be disabled in 1-2 rifle hits. Not to mention 30mm AP should oneshot every vehicle ingame for example.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:27 PM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

What's up with the motorbikes in this game? They can withstand probably one hundred rounds of 7.62 at close range and probably also a nade underneath. That is quite insane! I bet you could incapacitate a motorbike with one single 5.56mm round through the gas tank or hitting the fuel pump or the carburator or something!!! This is completely unrealistic!!! Motorbikes should be fast as hell but shouldn't take more than one mag to disable max! Also the physics of them could be much improved.

You are crying about all the wrong stuff destroying a bike is soooo irrelevant there are no words to discribe it.

What about strykers MRAP BTR and so on it has rubber tyers too and stuff it can be easily incapacitated with a rocket not to mention the NTLB in real a rocket in the tracks and you are dead in the water.

You need to calm yourself down.That stuff will get better some day i am sure.

11 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

You are crying about all the wrong stuff destroying a bike is soooo irrelevant there are no words to discribe it.

What about strykers MRAP BTR and so on it has rubber tyers too and stuff it can be easily incapacitated with a rocket not to mention the NTLB in real a rocket in the tracks and you are dead in the water.

You need to calm yourself down.That stuff will get better some day i am sure.

I think you misunderstood. I got suspended for a week and punished while the real instigator got away with it. That being said, it's a one, or two parameter fix to increase vulnerability of motorbikes. Strykers and MRAPs have rubber tires that are meant to be able to take damage, and you can even run on them with flat tires for quite a while. A motorbike takes one bullet to the gas-tank or engine, or tire and you are instantly in walk-mode.

Alll i ment is you cannot make one vehicle vunrable realistically and others not.

@SpecialAgentJohnson You've had everything explained to you before. You've been asked to read the rules and the first thing you do is come back and go completely off topic almost breaking them again. Worry about yourself and actually follow the rules. If you have an issue, feel free to PM me. End of discussion.

Stay on topic.

M203's take motorbikes out in one shot, I do it all the time. If you want to destroy one have your grenadier take it out then move on...

7 hours ago, Sgt_Dogface said:

M203's take motorbikes out in one shot, I do it all the time. If you want to destroy one have your grenadier take it out then move on...

Yes. Bring your grenadier from across the map to take out that Honda... ;-)

1 hour ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Yes. Bring your grenadier from across the map to take out that Honda... ;-)

Its not a Honda its Minsk :-)