Squad is currently my favorite game and one of the best games of all time in my opinion. But I am deeply concerned that by the time this game is fully realized, the community will have moved on or "Given up" on the game. I play Squad daily and i hear the chatter among its players. I'm hovering around the 150 hour mark in the game currently so i am still fairly new. And at 150 hours, I am already getting tired of the same maps. Playing Cap point control. Every map has a key control point which both teams rush to control while back capping. It is fun at first, but becomes stale after 150 hours (to me). I know other modes of game play are coming. Like Front line and King of the hill will be amazing, but when???

People hate the bugs in the game. People are critical of new content being pushed out and bugs not being addressed. Or new content creating new bugs. Believe me, people prefer bug fixes over new content. Its a delicate balance really.

Is there a dedicated OWI server for Squad? If there is, i've never seen it. And if there isn't, why not? That's where new content could be showcased pre release. 

Look i love this game, and anything i say is in the best interest of it's survival. I'm a Canadian from Vancouver B.C so i'm especially proud of OWI and it's people. Local talent creating something really awesome that's recognized around the world. Really cool! I wish i had the skills to contribute to the development of this game because i want a large thriving community.....we all do!

Community wish list:

1. Bug Fixes (please address these!)

Medic cant get bandage or med bag to apply to the wounded without re-positioning multiple times before it decides to apply.

Heart beat sound constant on next spawn after being shot and killed in a vehicle. (super annoying)

Falling through the map. (sigh)

Unable to spawn on rally point occasionally. (bugged)

Double clicking on fob won't spawn you into the game unless hit enter. And sometimes not at all.

Grenade toss sounds off a gunshot sound when held a second or two after pin pull.

Soldier revive causes large character jump. Sometimes results in the player being hopelessly stuck in a wall, morph'd to a vulnerable position, or under the map.

Various Graphical glitches with character. 

Building a Hab and being clipped into the structure and hopelessly stuck upon completion.

Downed soldier rag dolling uncontrollably all over the place.

2. Community wants

DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT!!! I don't know if the U4 engine allows for it, but this is something i constantly hear when i play. Personally i can't help but frown when a 20 ton logi truck gets stopped dead in its tracks by a sappling or a bush. Or a striker that cant drive through a 4 ft chain link fence. Or a fob on the 5th floor of a building that is virtually impregnable. Imagine if that 5 story building had at least destructible walls.........omg imagine!!

More maps and game modes. (current stock maps getting stale, as well as AAS game mode)

More weapons (Javelin for example, SKS, .50 cal sniper rifle)

Tanks and Helicopters (maybe a Bradley)

Removal of character damage when jumping off a 5ft wall (everyone hates it)

Official OWI game servers.

Reduction or Removal of time penalty when attempting to place a rally within 50m of enemy. Every failed attempt results in a 90 second penalty wait.........no......

Reduction or Removal of 2 minute spawn penalty for console "Re-spawn". When you fall through the map or get stuck in a structure you have no choice and are penalized for it with a 120 second re-spawn time.........no

Explosive trip wires or claymores (And engineer class for defusal)

Weather (rain, snow, wind, fog). Different lighting that reflects dusk, dawn, sunset is a good start. Take it further.....

More optimization. 

Again, i love the game. And i'm sure I've not mentioned all the things about it that need work. This post is not intended as a hate post.  I want this community to grow and thrive because this game is worth it! Good job so far OWI. We're all hoping you guys buckle down and really put your heads to the grind stone and get it done!

You make some interesting and relevant point's, some i agree with and some I do not but consider taking into account the following:

1. Squad is not released yet, there's much work to be done before we can really judge the 'product' to harshly (hard todo when we love it and play alot for sure!)

2. Putting the game to onside, much of Squads appeal (to many) sit's within the immersive team play it try's to promote, this can be found mostly on regular community servers, or within casual clans and serious clans - in that order. If your not playing 'that' way I urge you to do so to experience it. it's a game changer.

3. Many of your points have been raised, discussed and noted. Some will be acted upon, some will not. Squad has a large, dedicated community that plays hard. If some do move on (natural todo so) they will be back as the game unfolds. We have seen this time and time again over the last couple of years.

I have around 1500 Squad hours now, and still going strong. Sure I play other stuff to break things up but that's the same for any game otherwise I should seek further counselling..................LOL.

I am concerned why the response to the video is not put on a platform like the joinsquad website itself as it's own announcement? Not everyone will be seeing the long response on reddit.

33 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I am concerned why the response to the video is not put on a platform like the joinsquad website itself as it's own announcement? Not everyone will be seeing the long response on reddit.

It's been posted on the forums here, as mentioned above.

It was also talked in length in the official discord too, with Merlin himself there, getting involved in the talk.

My guess it wasn't put on the updates section of the website is because it wasn't a recap, patch notes, mod hub update and most likely because majority of the important info talked about was mentioned in the AMA which was posted in updates.

Posted (edited)

The other concern i had which for some reason eluded my thoughts at the time of post was the development of Post Scriptum. Unless that game is being developed by a separate group, then it's taking resources off the game of Squad. Hopefully this is not the case. Though i do understand that more games means more revenue for OWI. I just hope Squad doesn't experience any slow downs or further delay due to PS.

Edited by Minipops
typo

1 hour ago, Minipops said:

The other concern i had which for some reason eluded my thoughts at the time of post was the development of Post Scriptum. Unless that game is being developed by a separate group, then it's taking resources off the game of Squad. Hopefully this is not the case. Though i do understand that more games means more revenue for OWI. I just hope Squad doesn't experience any slow downs or further delay due to PS.

Post Scriptum is a totally different team. They're using OWI's customized engine version like OWI is using EPIC's UE4 engine. No resources (to my knowledge) being diverted. 

it think its very comfortable when the game is in alpha for 2 years . 

so every issue you can always pull the alpha card .

but even if the game is not released or what ever you called it .

the game is still in the shelf of steam and people pay money to play it .

no matter the lable ... people still play it as a normal game .... and get bored of it as a normal game ...

so in the end  they will get bored of it . and will buy new game and move on ....

i mean ... its no one problem but this is what will happen 

10 hours ago, Minipops said:

Squad is currently my favorite game and one of the best games of all time in my opinion. But I am deeply concerned that by the time this game is fully realized, the community will have moved on or "Given up" on the game. I play Squad daily and i hear the chatter among its players. I'm hovering around the 150 hour mark in the game currently so i am still fairly new. And at 150 hours, I am already getting tired of the same maps. Playing Cap point control. Every map has a key control point which both teams rush to control while back capping. It is fun at first, but becomes stale after 150 hours (to me). I know other modes of game play are coming. Like Front line and King of the hill will be amazing, but when???

People hate the bugs in the game. People are critical of new content being pushed out and bugs not being addressed. Or new content creating new bugs. Believe me, people prefer bug fixes over new content. Its a delicate balance really.

Is there a dedicated OWI server for Squad? If there is, i've never seen it. And if there isn't, why not? That's where new content could be showcased pre release. 

Look i love this game, and anything i say is in the best interest of it's survival. I'm a Canadian from Vancouver B.C so i'm especially proud of OWI and it's people. Local talent creating something really awesome that's recognized around the world. Really cool! I wish i had the skills to contribute to the development of this game because i want a large thriving community.....we all do!

Community wish list:

1. Bug Fixes (please address these!)

Medic cant get bandage or med bag to apply to the wounded without re-positioning multiple times before it decides to apply.

Heart beat sound constant on next spawn after being shot and killed in a vehicle. (super annoying)

Falling through the map. (sigh)

Unable to spawn on rally point occasionally. (bugged)

Double clicking on fob won't spawn you into the game unless hit enter. And sometimes not at all.

Grenade toss sounds off a gunshot sound when held a second or two after pin pull.

Soldier revive causes large character jump. Sometimes results in the player being hopelessly stuck in a wall, morph'd to a vulnerable position, or under the map.

Various Graphical glitches with character. 

Building a Hab and being clipped into the structure and hopelessly stuck upon completion.

Downed soldier rag dolling uncontrollably all over the place.

2. Community wants

DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT!!! I don't know if the U4 engine allows for it, but this is something i constantly hear when i play. Personally i can't help but frown when a 20 ton logi truck gets stopped dead in its tracks by a sappling or a bush. Or a striker that cant drive through a 4 ft chain link fence. Or a fob on the 5th floor of a building that is virtually impregnable. Imagine if that 5 story building had at least destructible walls.........omg imagine!!

More maps and game modes. (current stock maps getting stale, as well as AAS game mode)

More weapons (Javelin for example, SKS, .50 cal sniper rifle)

Tanks and Helicopters (maybe a Bradley)

Removal of character damage when jumping off a 5ft wall (everyone hates it)

Official OWI game servers.

Reduction or Removal of time penalty when attempting to place a rally within 50m of enemy. Every failed attempt results in a 90 second penalty wait.........no......

Reduction or Removal of 2 minute spawn penalty for console "Re-spawn". When you fall through the map or get stuck in a structure you have no choice and are penalized for it with a 120 second re-spawn time.........no

Explosive trip wires or claymores (And engineer class for defusal)

Weather (rain, snow, wind, fog). Different lighting that reflects dusk, dawn, sunset is a good start. Take it further.....

More optimization. 

Again, i love the game. And i'm sure I've not mentioned all the things about it that need work. This post is not intended as a hate post.  I want this community to grow and thrive because this game is worth it! Good job so far OWI. We're all hoping you guys buckle down and really put your heads to the grind stone and get it done!

These are no bad points , but as mentioned before: all discussed and in dev process (weather for example). Take your time and use the search function please.

And i personally think it's a bit overbearing to clasify your wishes as community demands. Did you do a poll or something? Coz i must have missed it.

Posted (edited)

No i did not do a poll. I do however have a head set and ears.

I think people, and i include myself, forget that this is really one big beta test. I started pc gaming in 1997 and back in those days there was no steam and no origin. No downloadable content period. So early access didn't exist. Game developers actually finished games before they pressed a master and shat out copies to store shelves.

Early access games are unfinished works in progress. I personally hate early access because people get into a game too soon and get bored of it before it's even completed and move on. Leaving the finished product bobbing in the water. Early access is part beta test, part early revenue generation. I would lean more towards revenue generation.

When did you ever see Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, or Activision early access their games 2 years before launch? It doesn't happen. Obviously because those are multi-million dollar studio's that don't need early revenue to sustain themselves until completion. Independent studio's are doing this far too much and i think it's a bad thing for a good game and it's community. The only thing the Squad community has going for it, is that it's still not that widely known about. So when the game is officially out of early access and due for launch. With some strategic marketing the game could be injected with a lot of new players (hopefully).

Edited by Minipops
additional thought

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Minipops said:

Believe me, people prefer bug fixes over new content

You're pretty much contradicting yourself here man.

19 hours ago, Minipops said:

I am already getting tired of the same maps.

When did you ever see Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, or Activision early access their games 2 years before launch?

At least (for now) Squad doesn't charge a "premium" for their DLC map packs or gun unlocks. Squad releases a map and it gets worked on WITH the community's feedback. When did you ever see EA devs talk directly to their community on the same level that Merlin and the rest of the Squad's dev team talk to us? Please don't compare a financial institution like EA to OWI. The two don't share the same vision for their products. The reason why EA doesn't do early releases (although they do Betas for their favorite Youtubers and streamers) is because by the 2 year mark they'll have another game out the door.

Quality > Quantity.

Additionally, creating a game on such scale as what Squad aims to achieve is no easy task and from my THOUSANDS of hours in Squad, Arma III, BF2, BFBC, BFBC2, BF3, BF4....I can tell you that your opinion here does not reflect mine and many others. Kindly put, speak for yourself here bud. Also just to add a few things:

Having the game not on early release wouldn't give OWI the community support and feedback they need to turn their ship in the right direction. Another thing an early release gives you is another game to play. 

I bet you $43.99 that as soon as OWI retracts Squad from Steam's Early Release and closes it for internal testing you will have a ****ing riot in their BC offices....Having Squad on Early Access puts the game up for a long marathon as opposed to a sprint....

Edited by CptDirty

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CptDirty said:

At least (for now) Squad doesn't charge a "premium" for their DLC map packs or gun unlocks. Squad releases a map and it gets worked on WITH the community's feedback. When did you ever see EA devs talk directly to their community on the same level that Merlin and the rest of the Squad's dev team talk to us? Please don't compare a financial institution like EA to OWI. The two don't share the same vision for their products. The reason why EA doesn't do early releases (although they do Betas for their favorite Youtubers and streamers) is because by the 2 year mark they'll have another game out the door.

Quality > Quantity.

Additionally, creating a game on such scale as what Squad aims to achieve is no easy task and from my THOUSANDS of hours in Squad, Arma III, BF2, BFBC, BFBC2, BF3, BF4....I can tell you that your opinion here does not reflect mine and many others. Kindly put, speak for yourself here bud. Also just to add a few things:

Having the game not on early release wouldn't give OWI the community support and feedback they need to turn their ship in the right direction. Another thing an early release gives you is another game to play. 

I bet you $43.99 that as soon as OWI retracts Squad from Steam's Early Release and closes it for internal testing you will have a ****ing riot in their BC offices....Having Squad on Early Access puts the game up for a long marathon as opposed to a sprint....

but you know game that been in 2 years open alpha and god know how much before that .... i think its too much ....  

this stage already need to be a beta ...

its feel like that i got some sweet spot . where it just very comfortable to be in the alpha stage and charge almost full price

Edited by virusman

Posted (edited)

I'm also playing since the 80s and i never made an experience like that with any other game. First thing i did after playing 20 hours was joining a clan. Coz i think it can better be played with people you know.

So, as a "side effect", i met a lot of nice people during this 2 and a half year and made new friends, had some booze and laughter, banter and tons of fun.  And i'm millions of miles away from getting bored.

Where's the difference between alpha and beta besides the name? I don't think there is any coz in my eyes as soon as i'm able to buy a game it's released. If you don't like the fact that it's in an experimental stage......don't buy it.

Edited by Planetgong

4 hours ago, virusman said:

but you know game that been in 2 years open alpha and god know how much before that .... i think its too much ....  

3 hours ago, Planetgong said:

Where's the difference between alpha and beta besides the name? I don't think there is any coz in my eyes

There are actually pretty well defined (within software) parameters that constitute a beta vs an alpha. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40067469/what-is-the-difference-between-alpha-and-beta-release

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/75809/what-is-the-difference-between-an-alpha-and-a-beta-release

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

https://blog.codinghorror.com/alpha-beta-and-sometimes-gamma/

A beta release is when the software is "feature complete" aka all the major milestones are in the software and "settled", by which I mean they won't be going major changes before the final release. 

Everything before that is an alpha. Since we don't have a single tank in the game yet, but they are (as far as I know) still part of the roadmap, as well as Fallujah. I don't know if the BAF are part of it, but if so, until they're in, it'll be alpha. 

Once all the milestones are covered and we hit the "tweaking and optimization phase", then it's time to start complaining "why isn't it being called a beta yet?" :)  

7 hours ago, virusman said:

its feel like that i got some sweet spot . where it just very comfortable to be in the alpha stage and charge almost full price

The way I see it, just like @Psyrus said, Squad hasn't hit all the major milestones and it still (V10.1) feels like a complete game in comparison to other titles. Knowing there's more things coming into the game I would advocate to keep it in Alpha forever and just keep adding more stuff :P 

2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

There are actually pretty well defined (within software) parameters that constitute a beta vs an alpha. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40067469/what-is-the-difference-between-alpha-and-beta-release

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/75809/what-is-the-difference-between-an-alpha-and-a-beta-release

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

https://blog.codinghorror.com/alpha-beta-and-sometimes-gamma/

A beta release is when the software is "feature complete" aka all the major milestones are in the software and "settled", by which I mean they won't be going major changes before the final release. 

Everything before that is an alpha. Since we don't have a single tank in the game yet, but they are (as far as I know) still part of the roadmap, as well as Fallujah. I don't know if the BAF are part of it, but if so, until they're in, it'll be alpha. 

Once all the milestones are covered and we hit the "tweaking and optimization phase", then it's time to start complaining "why isn't it being called a beta yet?" :)  

they can always finish the product  and then add free DLC .

23 hours ago, CptDirty said:

That is true when you only quote part of the comment. I also said that it is a delicate balance of bug fixes and new content. But i guess including that would have negated your comment....

When did you ever see EA devs talk directly to their community on the same level that Merlin and the rest of the Squad's dev team talk to us? Please don't compare a financial institution like EA to OWI

Clearly i did not compare EA to OWI in my comments. And i even made that point clear in the original post. But thanks for saying please none the less.

Additionally, creating a game on such scale as what Squad aims to achieve is no easy task and from my THOUSANDS of hours in Squad, Arma III, BF2, BFBC, BFBC2, BF3, BF4....I can tell you that your opinion here does not reflect mine and many others. Kindly put, speak for yourself here bud

Ok, you've shown us all that you have a lot of time on your hands. How far back your gaming experience goes is irrelevant. I started gaming in Tribes Renegades back in the 1997. I also played BF 1942, BF2, BFBC2 BF3, BF4, BF1, America's Army (honor 87), Vietcong, AA Proving Grounds, Arma 3, Insurgency, and the Call of Duty franchise. That means about as much as the last time i blew my nose....

Also, the things that i listed under community wants are things that , yes, i would like to see, but they are also things i've heard in game coms from numerous people on numerous occasions. The post was not a personal agenda, as you would have people believe.

And FYI, i'm not your "bud" so you can keep your condescending  remarks to yourself.

On 4/1/2018 at 11:42 AM, CptDirty said:

The reason why EA doesn't do early releases (although they do Betas for their favorite Youtubers and streamers) is because by the 2 year mark they'll have another game out the door.

The reason they don't early access their games is because they do their own testing and actually complete a game and THEN release it. They have the money and resources to do it. Look at BF1 for an example of a complete game. That thing was released with very few bugs. Early access is primarily about early cash. Community input secondary.

11 hours ago, virusman said:

Funny, game developers did it pre-steam.....somehow.....Back in the "old days" game dev's did their own beta testing before printing a master cd. and what they missed upon release was quickly addressed with patch fixes.

11 hours ago, virusman said:

It would never happen in any scenario, so again, another pointless comment. 

@Minipops It seems to me like you're bashing OWI for their limitations & shortcomings then saying things like "but I love this game" is like running someone over with your car then saying sorry....lmfao.

I am curious though as to what point are you trying to make here (quoted below):

On 4/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, Minipops said:

Early access games are unfinished works in progress. I personally hate early access because people get into a game too soon and get bored of it before it's even completed and move on. Leaving the finished product bobbing in the water. Early access is part beta test, part early revenue generation. I would lean more towards revenue generation.

When did you ever see Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, or Activision early access their games 2 years before launch? It doesn't happen. Obviously because those are multi-million dollar studio's that don't need early revenue to sustain themselves until completion. Independent studio's are doing this far too much and i think it's a bad thing for a good game and it's community. The only thing the Squad community has going for it, is that it's still not that widely known about. So when the game is officially out of early access and due for launch. With some strategic marketing the game could be injected with a lot of new players (hopefully).

Are you saying that OWI should have never released Squad as Early Access? -> What's done is done, can't change the past.

Are you saying that Squad should be retracted from Early Access moving forward? -> You'll have a ****ing riot as I said.

Is this just your personal opinion on Early Access with no relevancy to Squad? 

3 hours ago, Minipops said:

Funny, game developers did it pre-steam.....somehow.....Back in the "old days" game dev's did their own beta testing before printing a master cd. and what they missed upon release was quickly addressed with patch fixes.

You're advocating for closed testing. I get that. What I'm saying in contrast is that Early Access also:

- Provides the devs with a much bigger pool of testers that come on their forums (like you and I) and post our Feedback which they actually listen to! Who knows, they may also be monitoring us big brother style.

- Gives players another game they can test. If they like it they keep it if not they refund it. 

- Puts the game out and let the players advertise the game for free. It's ****ing genius when you think about it. Look at Karmakut, Nano, Drewskie and all those cats getting tens of thousands of views for their Squad videos. 

Look, at the end of the day Alpha V10.1 delivers what I would consider a serious contender to AAA titles. I have been playing Squad since before vehicles were implemented and it was a blast even back then. Bugs are annoying and it's awesome when they add new content. Squad is a work in progress and the devs do their best to keep the community in the loop as much as possible. A majority of your suggestions were already brought up, very much valid may I add and I agree with most of what you wrote except for the whole comparing it to EA which you did let's be honest. 

I'm glad I can play squad because otherwise it would suck big time :( 

Posted (edited)

I never drew a comparison to EA and it would be stupid to do so. OWI is an independent studio whereas EA is a monster juggernaut. Im tired of people crapping on the game because of its current state. I dont want to see the community or the game damaged. Damaged by the negativity because people forget the game is Alpha. 

There should be a OWI test server for closed testing with limited access. So that experienced players can dig into it and pick through it and give feedback to the dev team. Look at PubG's recent "limited access" experimental server they put up this evening. They rolled out a new, unfinished map onto that server and only gave out access to 6000 players. I was lucky enough to be included in that tonight. That is the proper way to test out games and other content before its released to the masses.

People are fickle. It's human nature. That's what concerns me about early access.....'

There's an idea OWI. Apply the battle royale game play with different military faction squads all being air dropped to locate and extract an item. Cash in on the battle royale craze while the iron is hot. Blue Hole sold 30 million copies in early access at $30 u.s a pop. Then sold a ton more when it went live for xbox and official launch on pc. Next will be ps4. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Then you will have triple A Loot!

Edited by Minipops
more

There's an idea OWI. Apply the battle royale game play with different military faction squads all being air dropped to locate and extract an item. Cash in on the battle royale craze while the iron is hot. Blue Hole sold 30 million copies in early access at $30 u.s a pop. Then sold a ton more when it went live for xbox and official launch on pc. Next will be ps4. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Then you will have triple A Loot!

Did you just suggest battle royal for squad? Knowing full well the gameplay was constantly slowed down over the course of the last few updates? Ouffff :/ if it was v9.4 maybe..I don’t remember if OWI ever considered this but I’m curious to know what the community thinks. You should create a poll and find out.

Putting battle royal just because it has the potential to sell more copies sounds like whoring out on the street corner just to make extra bucks for college. It has a very high probability of contracting aids. 

2 hours ago, Minipops said:

There should be a OWI test server for closed testing with limited access. So that experienced players can dig into it and pick through it and give feedback to the dev team. Look at PubG's recent "limited access" experimental server they put up this evening. They rolled out a new, unfinished map onto that server and only gave out access to 6000 players.

This has been happening with Squad before it was even on Steam.

5 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Did you just suggest battle royal for squad? Knowing full well the gameplay was constantly slowed down over the course of the last few updates? Ouffff :/ if it was v9.4 maybe..I don’t remember if OWI ever considered this but I’m curious to know what the community thinks. You should create a poll and find out.

Putting battle royal just because it has the potential to sell more copies sounds like whoring out on the street corner just to make extra bucks for college. It has a very high probability of contracting aids. 

You are sooooo f.....g right on this one.

If people want battle royale style games you have a lot of them to buy and play.

I love Squad because its what it is thats why i bout it.If i wanted more arcade game play i would hve bout BF 1 or what ever.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, Psyrus said:

Post Scriptum is a totally different team. They're using OWI's customized engine version like OWI is using EPIC's UE4 engine. No resources (to my knowledge) being diverted. 

Then how do you explain people like Andrew Spearin being hired to work on PS yet being part of OWI?

3 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

Then how do you explain people like Andrew Spearin being hired to work on PS yet being part of OWI?

I don't know who that is or what he's doing on either team, sorry :( 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I don't know who that is or what he's doing on either team, sorry :( 

He was Project Lead for Insurgency. All I'm saying is when people say that they are two separate entities and no resources are being diverted, it's not entirely true. I am disappointed with SQUAD in it's current state as are a LOT of people. "Alpha" card can only be used so many times. At this point in the development process, a lot of people do not care that it is Early Access. Perception is reality and unforunately when Hell Let Loose comes out you will see a mass exodus of players. It's been said that v10 brought back a lot of players, but out of the 1400 or so concurrent players that came back upon v10's release, only around 350 stayed. The issue isn't that we needed more animations, core inventory (Which was scrapped), and any other system being built rather the issue is that the gameplay in Squad is so dependent on other players for an enjoyable experience that it becomes unbearable. There are no systems in place to reward teamwork other than winning the match. There are no systems in place to police the community. 

Population in Squad: 

JAN 2018 - 1,545
FEB 2018 (v10) - 3,285
MAR 2018 - 1,935

So this "narrative" being fed to us about how the majority of the community loves Alpha 10 and that the community has been THRIVING and BOOMING and blah blah blah is a bunch of horse shit. Sure there are a lot of public players that love v10. Sure there are some people that love v10, but the majority of us think it's shit. 

Edited by Robin Sage