On 4/9/2018 at 4:02 AM, Robin Sage said:

That is fine. Nobody is arguing with you, but when it's been larger in the past it is concerning for us is all. 

I dunno, player tester numbers go up and down during game development.

If we roll forward and assume the finished Squad is simply outstanding. Fantastic performance, great features and gameplay everything we wanted.

How many of those that put it down for a bit would return? I recon the majority would. I know I would.

So I am not really concerned, it is what it is and where it should be.

4 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I dunno, player tester numbers go up and down during game development.

If we roll forward and assume the finished Squad is simply outstanding. Fantastic performance, great features and gameplay everything we wanted.

How many of those that put it down for a bit would return? I recon the majority would. I know I would.

So I am not really concerned, it is what it is and where it should be.

Yea for sure. I'm not gonna pretend like I know what it's like to develop a game and how much time it takes, especially for a small developer like OWI. Project Reality took years to get to the point where it was. I'm not suggesting it should take years, but we shouldn't expect all that content accumulated over all that time developing to just be cranked out within a short time-span. This isn't EA or some other big developer (thank god). They may bring out new games every year but they have 100 man teams and still their support and commitment never last past the next iteration. All they're about is franchises and hype-trains. I'm done with that.

There have been times where I didn't touch Squad for a few months, just got burned out on it honestly.  I think this year will be great in terms of what they are aiming for.

I bought the game just a few months ago (409 hours in game) and I keep having a lot of fun.
The only thing I hear from time to time and the repetitiveness of AAS (I look forward to TC and AAS randomized). For the rest I love the game and the situations that are created are always new (despite the linearity of the current AAS).

Squad's gameplay is unique in the FPS scene, unless you return to PR or wait months / years for a mature Post Scriptum, and the idea of returning to a classic "run and gun" FPS, with large 10mx10m maps such as Risin Storm 2, it would make me horrified.

So long life to Squad ... it will be a very interesting year!

Ps. As others have written, I think the disappointment of the last few months mainly concerns the performance deteriorated by the v10. From this point of view I'm lucky owner of a 1080ti ... so no problem even losing the FPS.