40 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

There are no systems in place to reward teamwork other than winning the match

This!!!!! is the root of all problems here:

People not playing medic, people not wanting to do logi runs, people not stepping up to SL, people wasting and abandoning vehicles, poorly placed FOBS/HABS, people not suppressing and oh so much more...

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Did you just suggest battle royal for squad?

No where did i say the suggestion was for the game Squad. I was suggesting an independent title with a military theme. Rather than have characters with mini skirts and pig tails. A military themed, singular objective that 8 or 10 different factions all compete against each other to acquire and extract.

My concept might be crude in its explanation, but something to that effect would be a winner i think. And a spring board to big cash so that more awesome titles from OWI can get bank rolled. Making an engine from scratch like Frost Bite takes big money. Imagine Squad in the frost Bite engine.....whoa!

About the above video, I agree with what he's saying. I have noticed in the last 2 weeks playing Squad that the public games have become very one sided. I've just been assuming that there are a lot of new players playing. Or the flip side of the coin, both teams are clueless. Trying to co-ordinate with other squad leads to formulate a plan and organize who's going to do what and where over squad lead coms, is met with the soothing sounds of tumble weeds and whistling winds of silence. Lately when i squad lead, its a constant struggle to get 1 team mate to co-operate to simply lay down a rally point. And if you want a sand bag wall built.......it's like asking a bear to shat in a toilet. Placing a radio, or getting a hab dug is a chore. I hate when i say "ok i need 2 medic's and 2 LAT please" during the staging phase, only to see a sniper, 1 medic, and a machine gunner and a pile of riflemen. Noobs dont want to do what they are asked to do. They want to do what they want to do. And when you get a bunch of those kinds of players the entire effort collapses. Then it becomes no fun for the SL and the SL quits.

Squad is a very Niche title. People see the video's of Squad and "hey this looks cool" but they don't realize that its a slow paced team orientated game. I've gotten a few of my online buddies to buy Squad and try it. All but one have not continued to play it because they say it's too slow....it's boring....iron sight weapons suck......enemies are too hard to spot etc etc. I'll admit that though i love this game, i do get bored at times. Especially when vast distance has to be covered on foot to get somewhere important on the battlefield.

They quit playing before they've given Squad a chance because they achieve no success out of the gate. They don't take the time to adjust and learn. The Generation of today wants instant gratification. Squad does not provide that, so they quit. 

I hate to suggest this because it would take away from the game for me. But i think the game would be more appealing to the "Instant Gratification" people or "IG" for short, to drastically reduce or eliminate stamina reduction. the "IG" people also don't want to dig a damn thing. I would suggest a reduced build and tear down time for habs and emplacements. 

Don't get me wrong, i would not like to see the game altered in those way on a personal level. I don't have a problem with those things. But clearly other's do, and in the best interest of achieving a broader acceptance from the "IG" people and a larger population, maybe that's something that needs to be looked at?

Edited by Minipops

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CptDirty said:

People need to watch this video as it covers the current issue @Robin Sage is saying:

Yes, I agree. I thought this video was VERY well done and respectfully put together. 

My biggest issue with the way things have gone is the fact that we always get told "We're sorry, we didn't know xyz" or something to that effect when it's the complete opposite. OWI asks for feedback, experienced players give it based on what we know works or doesn't work in the game and instead of saying "You guys are right, you have 1000's of hours" we get told ok and they make their proposed changes anyway and then apologize when it doesn't work out the way they thought it would. Hopefully at some point the game turns around. 

Edited by Robin Sage

On 3/31/2018 at 3:26 PM, Minipops said:

Tanks and Helicopters (maybe a Bradley)

Should hear a bit more about the Bradley (and IFVs) in the near future, but did want to point out SgtRoss' post on helicopters:

The current plan is to slowly introduce larger and larger assets over time (as we usually try to do).

When it comes to air assets, the first iteration should be transport helos. After we see how that affects gameplay, we'll start considering whether it is necessary to have other player controlled air attack assets such as attack helos.

Maybe a solution would be adding rockets to transport helos instead, or maybe we find the right balance with AA/AAA assets and can implement attack helos.

We are not against the idea, we want to make sure it is thought out, and proper counters are feasible.

Source: 

And a bit on layers/meta: 

Even with AAS, we are looking at changing how it works long term. Our newest game designer is testing some ruleset changes to the current "static" AAS modes as we speak.

However, other game modes are a priority this year, and prototyping of TC and some other game modes is actively going on.

Hopefully, we will be able to provide a more replayable experience in the future and even with existing game modes, changing the meta up a bit.

Source: 

Posted (edited)

No snipers. It is not a common role amongst infantry. Marksmen rifles as they are, will suffice the long distance engagements and are used among infantry. Snipers are not needed in this environment of gameplay. This game is infantry focused. Every other asset vehicle wise is to support the infantry. We don't here much about snipers these days anymore because they are usually tasked with SF. No M107, no AS50, sniper no snipping!

Edited by BlackDog1247

On 4/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, Robin Sage said:

There are no systems in place to reward teamwork other than winning the match. There are no systems in place to police the community. 

I agree that rewarding teamwork (and tactics) needs to become a priority focus for development, and I have recently joined the dev team to do just that :) 
I also agree that systems and tools for communities to police themselves is an important component to a healthy and vibrant player population.

I know you already stated Robin Sage you feel your feedback has fallen on deaf ears in the past, however we hear you and progress will be moving forward in these areas. Ill be happy to discuss these issues further here or feel free to send me a message on discord!

I think you'll see that Squad's development will be moving at a quicker pace in the coming months, but I can understand the skepticism, so I guess the dev team will be showing thru action. 

cheers,

fuzz

26 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

I agree that rewarding teamwork (and tactics) needs to become a priority focus for development, and I have recently joined the dev team to do just that :) 
I also agree that systems and tools for communities to police themselves is an important component to a healthy and vibrant player population.

I know you already stated Robin Sage you feel your feedback has fallen on deaf ears in the past, however we hear you and progress will be moving forward in these areas. Ill be happy to discuss these issues further here or feel free to send me a message on discord!

I think you'll see that Squad's development will be moving at a quicker pace in the coming months, but I can understand the skepticism, so I guess the dev team will be showing thru action. 

cheers,

fuzz

Well I'm banned on the official discord so I won't be going there anytime soon lol but I do appreciate the response. Personally, I'm jaded due to the track record of your company however I'm hopeful that with some new changes and positive attitudes that the direction will really come around. All we can do is wait and see what you guys come up with at this point. Will be attending the Round Table so I'm eager to hear you speak on multiple topics. See ya there. 

Agree with a lot he says in the video but

disagree about pace.. it doesn't need to be sped up, it needs to provide alternative non linear routes to win the match or something that is game changing to a point.    The old AAS mode was painful too, people hated the fact that you ended up being rushed and all you really were doing was fighting over the second to last flag until DM ticket attrition ....  its obviously still not right 

As its squad focused,  I still think a squads actions should be reward or a choice for reward... vehicle/rallies/airstrike/off map arty (eventually!)/ammo drop or air drop to setup some defenses...  my personal problem with the mechanics at the moment is around this, my squad does something that should have an impact on the game, i.e neutralizing  or defending a flag ... and I get that its about teamwork and communication... but if you have another squad losing vehicles or just rushing and dying, your squads efforts are wasted. 

I also disagree with his point about making it better to camp than attack... that only works on some maps and with certain factions... Rarely do you see a superfob lasting a whole match (well not in the UK but my US friends do love a superfob!)

20 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

Well I'm banned on the official discord so I won't be going there anytime soon lol but I do appreciate the response. Personally, I'm jaded due to the track record of your company however I'm hopeful that with some new changes and positive attitudes that the direction will really come around. All we can do is wait and see what you guys come up with at this point. Will be attending the Round Table so I'm eager to hear you speak on multiple topics. See ya there. 

BANNED? YOU?  nah don't believe it.... xx 

1 minute ago, embecmom said:

Agree with a lot he says in the video but

disagree about pace.. it doesn't need to be sped up, it needs to provide alternative non linear routes to win the match or something that is game changing to a point.    The old AAS mode was painful too, people hated the fact that you ended up being rushed and all you really were doing was fighting over the second to last flag until DM ticket attrition ....  its obviously still not right 

As its squad focused,  I still think a squads actions should be reward or a choice for reward... vehicle/rallies/airstrike/off map arty (eventually!)/ammo drop or air drop to setup some defenses...  my personal problem with the mechanics at the moment is around this, my squad does something that should have an impact on the game, i.e neutralizing  or defending a flag ... and I get that its about teamwork and communication... but if you have another squad losing vehicles or just rushing and dying, your squads efforts are wasted. 

I also disagree with his point about making it better to camp than attack... that only works on some maps and with certain factions... Rarely do you see a superfob lasting a whole match (well not in the UK but my US friends do love a superfob!)

BANNED? YOU?  nah don't believe it.... xx 

What was your purpose in quoting me just to make a personal jab? 

1 minute ago, Robin Sage said:

What was your purpose in quoting me just to make a personal jab? 

just giving you some love ... 

Posted (edited)

As far as player rewards go, that is a very good idea. Back when i used to play America's Army I got to honor 87 which is pretty high. Some of my teammates were in the 90's. I remember when my teammate reached Honor 100, which was the highest bestowed by the game. It was a proud moment for him, and everyone congratulated him on that very difficult achievement. He wore that 100 rank like a badge of honor and was respected and revered. 

Having a ranking system in Squad that players accumulate through time served like America's Army had, is at least something that players can strive for. Currently there is nothing.

America's Army was a simple game, but very good. It's rank system was simple too, but people observed it. Whenever i saw a 100 honor player in game i remember i always thought to myself, "whoa, this guy is gonna be tough to beat". I also remember that once you hit the 90's it took a tremendous amount of game play to progress to the next honor rank. More than double what it took to get to the next rung in the 80's. Each increment of 10 the level up points became more and more until you reached the 90's which was insanely difficult to get a level up. That's why a honor 100 player looked at in that way. They were respected.

Anyway, just a thought.

Edited by Minipops

On 03/04/2018 at 3:18 PM, Robin Sage said:

He was Project Lead for Insurgency. All I'm saying is when people say that they are two separate entities and no resources are being diverted, it's not entirely true. I am disappointed with SQUAD in it's current state as are a LOT of people. "Alpha" card can only be used so many times. At this point in the development process, a lot of people do not care that it is Early Access. Perception is reality and unforunately when Hell Let Loose comes out you will see a mass exodus of players. It's been said that v10 brought back a lot of players, but out of the 1400 or so concurrent players that came back upon v10's release, only around 350 stayed. The issue isn't that we needed more animations, core inventory (Which was scrapped), and any other system being built rather the issue is that the gameplay in Squad is so dependent on other players for an enjoyable experience that it becomes unbearable. There are no systems in place to reward teamwork other than winning the match. There are no systems in place to police the community. 

Population in Squad: 

JAN 2018 - 1,545
FEB 2018 (v10) - 3,285
MAR 2018 - 1,935

So this "narrative" being fed to us about how the majority of the community loves Alpha 10 and that the community has been THRIVING and BOOMING and blah blah blah is a bunch of horse shit. Sure there are a lot of public players that love v10. Sure there are some people that love v10, but the majority of us think it's shit. 

This .^

Stated 100's of times that for games like this that is the normal player count.

4 hours ago, Melbo said:

Stated 100's of times that for games like this that is the normal player count.

That is fine. Nobody is arguing with you, but when it's been larger in the past it is concerning for us is all. 

I would say the decrease in player numbers has a lot to do with performance issues, which they are already working on.

8 hours ago, Soulzz said:

I would say the decrease in player numbers has a lot to do with performance issues, which they are already working on.

That.

No rewarding system like points,medals and other bf series s..t or tanks and helicopters will make players come and play its more or less all short turn people would come play for a week maybe even less and still not be satisfied.

Us who are satisfied with the game we will play it even now when it runs poorly then before i play it becouse i love it its unique game and if you have friends that you play with any server will be good and it will be a huge amount of fun. 

30 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

I feel like this game will be dead by the time the devs are done with it.

Nah, Squad is unique. But i do hope they fix the preformance. I've been only going down in fps since i started playing somewhere in v9.

It's not going to be a matter of the game soon, but just the lacking of fps for me.

we need to see what is players average  game time before they get bored and move to next game .  
for example if we do avg players total game time ... lets say it will be around 400 hours .

than we can compare it to squad and see if it stand in that average .

in the end of the day ... its a game that need to provide X hours of gameplay before u get bored of it .

you cant just enjoy it forever .

lets say i stand some where near 200 hours in squad .... and i feel like i maybe 50 hours before moving to something new ... 

if they bring some new maps or toy its will buy me more hours ...

for the price that i payed for this game i got my value back

The only thing stopping me from playing right now, especially after the latest hotfix, is a lack of content and game modes. This game needs some serious hardware to make things more interesting and dynamic; that combined with a further fleshing out of the Insurgency mode (some true unconventional/unbalanced warfare - not like the lackluster way it is now) will get me hooked like I was on Project Reality. That's what I signed up for when I decided to become a backer of this game, and that's what I'm holding out for right now. I have confidence we'll get there, but I just can't keep myself satisfied with the game as it is other than the sporadic game now and then...

9 hours ago, Slavinkje said:

The only thing stopping me from playing right now, especially after the latest hotfix, is a lack of content and game modes. This game needs some serious hardware to make things more interesting and dynamic; that combined with a further fleshing out of the Insurgency mode (some true unconventional/unbalanced warfare - not like the lackluster way it is now) will get me hooked like I was on Project Reality. That's what I signed up for when I decided to become a backer of this game, and that's what I'm holding out for right now. I have confidence we'll get there, but I just can't keep myself satisfied with the game as it is other than the sporadic game now and then...

You should listen to the community meeting that took place a few days ago.  Most of this stuff was addressed.

15 hours ago, Soulzz said:

You should listen to the community meeting that took place a few days ago.  Most of this stuff was addressed.

Yeah I have, and I am aware that it is being worked on. However, in the mean time the game still feels a bit too empty for me to enjoy daily.

4 minutes ago, Slavinkje said:

Yeah I have, and I am aware that it is being worked on. However, in the mean time the game still feels a bit too empty for me to enjoy daily.

Nothing wrong with that, it's really not even a game yet, we're basically testers who get to d!ck around with it while it's being made. There's been times over the past few years where the game was unplayable for me and I left it alone for a while, then came back to it. Like a lot of people, I'm not entirely happy with where the game is right now, but I am happy to let the devs do their thing and see where it ends up.