Sign in to follow this  
azgoodaz

Suggestion | Give us the ability to use custom maps 'Offline.'

Posted (edited)

As a newbie Modder now, I would like the ability to go into the shooting range, type `AdminChangeMap` (like how it works with the standard maps) in the command terminal and change it to any of the maps that I subscribed to on the workshop... Especially my maps so I can see if they actually work or not.

Why doesn't this exist? As a player of Squad, I shouldn't have to rent or buy a server in order to test my map(s) or other community made maps. It will significantly reduce the downtime of modding and make things faster/easier to test maps locally than server side.

Those those who don't believe me, my map is called 'Operation Hope' and it doesn't appear in the terminal.

--------

I found the issue, had help in the Mod Discord.

You can delete this thread.

Edited by azgoodaz
Source

It does exist. 

You can test your maps offline(load into shooting range, open the console and type "adminchangemap <mycustommaplayer>" but you need to have your map properly exported

4 hours ago, Para94 said:

It does exist. 

You can test your maps offline(load into shooting range, open the console and type "adminchangemap <mycustommaplayer>" but you need to have your map properly exported

My map doesn't show up in that list. My map appears in the 'Modding' tab when I pause the game, but in the command terminal, I can't find the map.

Pretty sure the custom mapvarients don't show up in the examples of the console cause I am pretty sure those commands are totally coded. You need to type it yourself... So adminchangemap my_custom_map_layer