bones

Yet Another Generic Request for Help c:

Hello there, I have been wanting to play squad for a long time and have had trouble with hardware in the past, so I decided to stop for about 10-12 months to see if there was a difference. Well, yes. But worse. Before and after v10 I have been getting huge lag freezes about every 30 seconds or so. It starts occuring after say 1-2 min. This is in the shooting range and multiplayer, but I'm trying the shooting range right now. Could someone help me out?

I have cleared cache through game and manually.

SPECS:

GPU: R9 270X OC (2gb VRAM)

RAM: 16GB

CPU: AMD FX 8320

HDD: 1TB

Windows 7

Here is some more info

(Standard Settings)
CFD79D92244EF078038EC27C3FF9B5440B5E03FF

Graphics settings

80367981F530004D00A526BF0094E79391CB0988

Audio Settings

60DE57AE3423662B1782D98E624DBFCC8B00AC93

Based on the info provided check the following points to help:

1. Ensure full texture loading is not on

2. Your CPU is known to be weak for Squad, if you can overclock it as much as you can or better still change it to Intel or AMD Ryzen

3. Consider limiting your FPS to a stable number, this will smooth gameplay and in theory ensure resources are not gobbled up until the game is fully optimised. (I use MSI/Riva)
4. Im not sure how windows 7 plays with Squad, I am guessing windows 10 plays much nicer so there's something to consider

There's alot of potential issues with your set up and Squad, it's just how it is but I hope some of the above helps you out.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:12 AM, bones said:

I decided to stop for about 10-12 months to see if there was a difference

In the case of Squad was not removed from your system, Unreal Engine 4 had a major update on September of 2017 thus requires you to do a clean re-install of Squad. 

1. Manually delete %localappdata%\Squad

2. Uninstall Squad via Steam

3. Manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
     default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad

4. Install Squad via Steam

5. Reboot PC

Thanks guys, I will try the uninstall deal but I believe that it will be futile. thx for suggestions.

(Overclocking my cpu seems too complicated, full texture loading is not enabled.)

On 4/1/2018 at 7:39 PM, samwiseOrigin said:

1. Manually delete %localappdata%\Squad

2. Uninstall Squad via Steam

3. Manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
     default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad

4. Install Squad via Steam

5. Reboot PC

Well I did this and nothing changed :c

Posted (edited)

Hmm, the freezes could potentially be caused by a very very slow HDD. It could be something else aswell though, do you have any problems with other new games that eat up a lot of ressources?

Is that windows 7 updated properly? When did you do a clean install for the last time?

If i was you id first move up to windows 10 and get a SSD since this is the least expensive thing to update, you can get cheap win10 keys for like 15 dollars on the interwebs.

This may not change so much in (most) games, but it will improve your system speed in general A LOT. Just gives you overall a better computer experience.

Anyway, if you want to keep playing newer games you will have to update your hardware at some point. Sorry man, i know its expensive af :/

Edit: Also apply the low graphics preset, then change some settings from there. The low preset disables Post Processing which eats up the most ressources from my experience. Also make sure your VRAM is not maxed out, this can cause those freezes aswell since the game will have to load textures from the HDD instead of the gpu ram. May be it helps.

If you want to upgrade your cpu+mainboard, id recommend Ryzen 5 1600. Best bang for the buck atm i think.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long