Minipops

New Maps

I'm wondering if there are, or will be, any new official maps released or in the works? I realize there are many maps in the steam workshop but ive yet to see a single 1 on a server. The list for custom servers is so small it might as well not exist. I'd love to play that Strike at Karkand but no server has it in its rotation. Am i missing something?

Me to. I love exploring new maps and marveling at people's creativity. I generally check custom servers first when playing but have yet to see a custom map to join.

If anybody knows of times/days some servers try out custom maps could you please let us know. 

Official maps:

Yep. Currently there's a map in the works that the devs are hoping to include in v11 and that's Kamdesh. We've already seen this map in a recent development recap which you can read here: http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=259

On top of Kamdesh we have Fallujah which will be the crown jewel of Squad maps. There's no info on when it's releasing but we have seen coverage of its development. Here's a link to the most notable article: http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=219

Modded maps:

There's a lot of servers that are empty but they have modded maps on them. Unfortunately most people don't want to seed a modded server, especially with no admins around to switch to different maps. We (modding community) are addressing this by setting up a modded server that runs 24/7 as well as running the Squad Modding Roundup event. At the current stage having a casual pub server is a little difficult because of various factors that will disappear as modding is developed more, but the events are something that people are enjoying and they've been streamed too.

Simply put, modding is still being developed so its not only easier for modders to create content but for players to enjoy the mods too. There's a lot of work that Zak is doing behind the scenes to make all this happen.

If you want to find out more about modded content feel free to join us at the Squad Modding Hub: https://discord.gg/a9f4FvW

Assi covered it super well, but I did want to add that we're currently in the process of revitalizing some of our currently existing maps as well. Some of them are getting performance tweaks, expansions, redesigned areas, etc. There are revised layers in the works too.

Revised and switchable layers will add a huge amount of variation without a lot of load on the mapping team. I'd really like to see some of the old layers thrown into rotations occasionally if they are salvageable. eg Gorodok when the train bridge was the centre. 

I already love the bunch of maps we have here.There is only one map i hate and i hardly ever play on it.

But all others are hot ;-)

Cant wait for the new ones.