maniaczeus

skill and lack of training

Posted (edited)

I would like to suggest having a lock on creating a squad until the player has a set amount of hours in game i see to many new players with no clue on the games mechanics creating a squad and trying to squad lead. As there is no real training besides playing squad and a lock on creating squad would make the new players play and learn the mechanics and tactics before taking on in my view the most important role in the game, I feel this would make the game more enjoyable for everyone especially the other squad leads on the team.

Edited by maniaczeus

Thats not bad of idea actually.I think it would solve a lot of problems with one side loosing so bad that thy are pushed to their main base.

I thought to my self some time ago why not have a server where you could not join if you have less then 500 hours or something.

The thing like that was in the game i played long time ago called “Infestation” and there where a couple of public servers i think was called golden or hardcore or what ever.And you could not get in if you had less then 800hours in game.

This has been brought up many times, and i repeat myself.

I've had sh*tty squad leaders who played 500hrs or more of squad and i've had great SL's who play as little as 40 hours.

It all depends on the person, newer SL's tend to listen to advice more often then older one's.

i agree with you oTec but when there is more free weekends or half price sales the percentage of new players picking sl kit outweighs the veterans by far and it can turn in to a shit show very quickly which isn't enjoyable for the most.

14 hours ago, maniaczeus said:

having a lock on creating a squad until the player has a set amount of hours in game

Has been brought up before plenty of times. The main issue is that I can log into the game, let it run for 400 hours without playing a single game and boom I'll have the "qualifying" hours. I believe Odin brought that up. Someone in the forums suggested being able to hover the mouse of the current SL to reveal their hours played but as @oTec said:

2 hours ago, oTec said:

I've had sh*tty squad leaders who played 500hrs or more of squad and i've had great SL's who play as little as 40 hours.

^ Which I completely agree with. 

Another suggestion that aims to address this is to have either a mandatory or optional "SL Course" that can be completed in the range prior to creating a squad on public multiplayer. Not hard to implement, doesn't have to be mandatory and has the potential to ship off players to public multiplayer with sufficient knowledge on what encompasses Squad Leading. Granted, such training won't stop a troll from harming the team if they try hard enough but that is not what the training is for. The training is meant to run newbies through the course to teach them SL basics so they don't make primitive mistakes such as not grabbing the SL kit (still happens....), not knowing how to drop rallies or supply a FOB (also, still happens)....