mac2

Squad and Reshade Help!

Just came back to playing squad after a long absence and have started playing most of my games  (BF1+BF4+ARMA3) with reshade - it improves the visuals by a factor of x10 - however squad does not let me go online if I am running reshade................................although I can play the game offline with reshade enabled

Is there are reason for this not working?and will it be fixed eventually?

Reshade is one of the games that hugely benefits from reshade and some good presets and will simply not play it if they cant make it work with reshade.........

Posted (edited)

Reshade also allows people to cheat with extra zooming in. Frankly I always thought it should be considered a cheat but now it actually is until the zooming can be prevented.

Edited by Valdr

7 hours ago, mac2 said:

...will simply not play it if they cant make it work with reshade.........

Guess you're not playing then.

As pointed out, Reshade is currently banned. It's due to a new setting in the new version that allowed screen zoom, which could be added to older versions.

For now, all you can do is use Nvidia control panel(or the AMD equivalent, catalyst) 3D options and the digital vibrance, contrast etc sliders.

Devs are working on improving AA within the game, as well as having a few visual passes for certain things in the future.

8 minutes ago, Dubs said:

As pointed out, Reshade is currently banned. It's due to a new setting in the new version that allowed screen zoom, which could be added to older versions.

For now, all you can do is use Nvidia control panel(or the AMD equivalent, catalyst) 3D options and the digital vibrance, contrast etc sliders.

Devs are working on improving AA within the game, as well as having a few visual passes for certain things in the future.

thats a shame as the games visuals (even on the firing range) are hugely improved with a good preset.....

as it seems the it relates to a newer version of reshade with the zoom (which I had never heard of) does this means older versions of reshade or sweet FX might still work ?

thanks for everyones comments - but the whole thing sounds completely bizarre...

the guys at the reshade forums think its complete nonsence that anyone could be using reshade for cheating and they also are saying the zoom function

that everyone seems to be talking about (but that no one has explained properly how you could cheat with) has actually been removed from the latest version..............

its a shame as squad is one of a number of games that really benefit from reshade (comparison shots on the link below for those that are interested) - so if the developers are going to continue to ban it (on the basis 0.1% of users might be somehow trying to cheat with it)  they should also be offering refunds to customers who bought the game on the basis they could use reshade to enhance it................

http://www.ferrius.eu/reshade/

Putting aside the zoom feature, i always felt re-shade was to far for competitive Squad (tournament or public matches included).

Everyone I know who used it said it gave an unfair advantage, well apart from the people that didn't and I didn't believe them.

Everyone and I mean everyone will take advantages.... whether you're a hardware cheat, 3rd party app cheat, have a mega macro kb or mouse, have 3 screens or simply paint a crosshair on your screen......... delude yourselves if you like but dont bullshit me, we ALL look for an advantage.

12 hours ago, v76 said:

Everyone and I mean everyone will take advantages.... whether you're a hardware cheat, 3rd party app cheat, have a mega macro kb or mouse, have 3 screens or simply paint a crosshair on your screen......... delude yourselves if you like but dont bullshit me, we ALL look for an advantage.

I really don't, not in a way of using something that will gain me an unfair advantage