Jump to content
Lio

GTX 1080ti Temps

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have a GTX 1080TI Rog Strix OC Edition, and playing Squad, GTA V reaches 75c degrees, with no oc or added voltage, is that normal?

Edited by Lio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine does the same,  had to define a user fan profile just to start it. So as to keep the M.2 cooler that was behind it. Its a very chilled card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Smee said:

Mine does the same,  had to define a user fan profile just to start it. So as to keep the M.2 cooler that was behind it. Its a very chilled card.

Can you show me your fan curve pls? :) And what is a M.2 cooler? o.O i have a M.2 SSD and i have no cooler for it...?

Edited by Lio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you worried about 75°C? Get Afterburner, monitor frequencies, enable logging and see if it's throttling at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banOkay said:

Why are you worried about 75°C? Get Afterburner, monitor frequencies, enable logging and see if it's throttling at all.

Cus i have friend that has a MSI 1080ti and he says he gets 60c degrees playing... just dont want a faulty GPU and was asking if this is normal... that's all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Cus i have friend that has a MSI 1080ti and he says he gets 60c degrees playing... just dont want a faulty GPU and was asking if this is normal... that's all

Temps can varied upon many factors... One of em can be how you set up your PC case

Whether you have dust built up in the outer fan or not, whether you have extra fans that circulates air or not etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I am @Lio's friend on such matters!

 

I get low 60's on my GPU in Squad with my MSI Gaming X 1080ti on normal fan settings. I tend to use about 8-9GB Vram, so am pushing it a bit but I do limit my FPS to 85 (in 1440p with 1.5 resolution scale and tournament settings or everything else off).

 

It would seem that my MSI GPU cooling fans are a very good solution.

My pc components are in a reasonably large mid tower case and is very uncluttered, almost dust free as I hoover her inside and out once a week and game in my kitchen (set up and break down every time I play) which is a very clean environment. I only have 1 in and 1 out fan and a 240mm rad with fans at top of case - nothing special at all but good air flow all round.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lio said:

Cus i have friend that has a MSI 1080ti and he says he gets 60c degrees playing... just dont want a faulty GPU and was asking if this is normal... that's all

Who cares, if you're not throttling you have nothing to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Ambient temperature can make a huge difference. @Lio Are you sure your friend isn't playing in his fridge?

LOL, no a kitchen. 

And I don't leave the fridge door open to cool the room!

My temps would go up a little to maybe high 60's if I didn't limit frames to 85 for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

LOL, no a kitchen. 

And I don't leave the fridge door open to cool the room!

My temps would go up a little to maybe high 60's if I didn't limit frames to 85 for sure.

:facepalm: 

Well anyway, Setting a fan curve to control temperature would be the best solution for OP. 
@Lio One of the reason your friend getting such lower Temp while in full-load might as well be he already set the fan curve to Top notch... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

One of the reason your friend getting such lower Temp while in full-load might as well be he already set the fan curve to Top notch... 

Standard fan curve that comes with it, im not even running the performance setting as it's to loud.

I think the MSI Gaming X fan solution, twin frozr may just be very good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Standard fan curve that comes with it, im not even running the performance setting as it's to loud.

I think the MSI Gaming X fan solution, twin frozr may just be very good?

I have the same GPU, it got to the standard 74°C within minutes in Squad Al Basrah. Do you have any videos of you playing with the GPU temps shown, seems very odd. My case fans are barely active though, I prefer the silence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm away just now but will put some up when I get back no worries. Be a couple of weeks.

I'll check all the settings as it was a while back I played around to get the game how I wanted. But i'm pretty sure it's all fairly default settings. I OC my CPU to 4.8Ghz but left the GPU alone.

I do recall limiting my FPS make everything marvellous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@banOkay

 

Hi sorry no video but I played a server with 76 on for a good 20mins and it was very stable re GPU temps. Lower than I recall! With a bit more action the fps drops a bit on this map but the temp only goes max low 60s.

Screenshot_(158).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

@banOkay

 

Hi sorry no video but I played a server with 76 on for a good 20mins and it was very stable re GPU temps. Lower than I recall! With a bit more action the fps drops a bit on this map but the temp only goes max low 60s.

Screenshot_(158).png

Nice, maybe I should finally install that missing exhaust fan for my case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, banOkay said:

Nice, maybe I should finally install that missing exhaust fan for my case...

Yes maybe, I think i'm just lucky re the card.

 

I only have 1 fan in, 1 fan out, 240mm rad on top set up. I guess the air flow is good on my set upas the GPU does push some hot air out for sure.

The case I have (Corsair C70 mid tower) does have some holes on the side for an extra fan, dumb idea if you ask me but maybe the extra vent helps it along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×