Kiwik

A more complex healing system, for the enjoyment of medics.

I kind of enjoy being a medic, but I know most people don't. 
Since I don't think getting rid of the role would be a good idea (other threads have already discussed it), what if we implemented some kind of diagnostics system, like in the ACE3 mod for Arma3?
A medic would need to identify the problem/injury first, then apply the correct treatment. This would actually make the medic role more challenging, and all in all, more fun.

EDIT: And maybe add some way to Drag/Carry fallen friendlies?

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kiwik

Q: Is individual limb condition still being considered? Can we expect to walk slower, or sway our weapons more, if we've been shot in a leg or arm? If so, how do you plan to have the players return to full combat effectiveness? A simple medic heal, or something more? - TheNirl
A: We have talked a good amount about being damaged impacting your combat effectiveness in general, which could happen pre-1.0. That said, I wouldn't go as far as to say it would be limb specific or realistic, it would be meant as a gameplay feature to encourage people to properly have a medic in their squad and work together.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=262

Closest answer

edit: Adding more complex and challenging mechanics to the medic role will not result in more people picking up the role, if anything it will dissuade them. This is where MODs and custom servers / communities can get together and play Squad according to their own taste.

Edited by CptDirty

Thanks for the reply, it's very interesting, but it's not quite what I suggested. My suggestion is more about increasing the complexity of the healing system, not about individual limb condition.

But you might be right, mods could be the solution. Still, I think it might be an idea to consider. it would make healing as a medic a lot more entertaining.
And maybe add some way to drag/carry bodies to safety, like in Arma?

43 minutes ago, Kiwik said:

And maybe add some way to drag/carry bodies to safety, like in Arma?

Q: How close are we do dragging downed players? Will this be available for all squad members, or just medics? - Pyrex238
A: We've done some prototyping of it but I would say it's still definitely a ways off and likely won't make it in until after 1.0. It's definitely proved pretty tough, but we do want to do our best to make it happen!

dont think it needs to be complex but would be better to have better impact from bullet damage than a bit of heavy breathing.