Sign in to follow this  
Razor6014

Rifleman --> Ammo Bearer

Any Thoughts on giving riflemen the ability to take ammo from FOB and rearm squadmembers?

22 hours ago, virusman said:

great idea ... or have ammo bag like in battlefield 

*Frothing at the mouth...*

This... please.

Even being able to rearm at friendly Vehicles would be so beneficial.  Gives them an added role to the battlefield instead of being dumped in odd places.

I dont think its so much needed.Be realistic how many times in the whole game you where out of ammo totally with no ammo box near or anything.

I have 1,000+ hours of game play and for me it only happened three times in total.Once i remember fighting with my pistol the second time that i remember i was out and no sidearm for the role i was playing so i take out the showel and rushed out of the building i was pinned in and got shot in the face instantly.

My opinion on this is that it would just waste a player for nothing and people would scream for ammo even when thy have two clips left and will probably die soon anyway.

Honestly it happens to me plenty of times , especialy in a role with irons , as im forced to do area suppression fire.

And honestly if you play so that you dont die , you cant go and rearm  and you are forced to kill yourself to get ammo?

Besides what benefit is there to playing a regular rifleman for the team, no optics , no sidearm, only 6 mags literaly a waste of a role.

And that happens often when there is a well ballanced team of 8 with all roles occupied, you are basicly dead weight and just waiting on somene to leave so you can get an actually usefull role. 

Not to mention that the squad composition should be 1 sl / gl, 2 TL/GL,  2 AR, 1 MEDiC / 2 AT + 1MRKSMN   , and not the way it is now.

But back to the point, standard infantry load for going to battle is 13 mags, 6 is on non combat duty, and 3 mags are a signal to RTB and rearm. 

On 28.3.2018 at 1:50 PM, Bahrein said:

I dont think its so much needed.Be realistic how many times in the whole game you where out of ammo totally with no ammo box near or anything.

I have 1,000+ hours of game play and for me it only happened three times in total.Once i remember fighting with my pistol the second time that i remember i was out and no sidearm for the role i was playing so i take out the showel and rushed out of the building i was pinned in and got shot in the face instantly.

My opinion on this is that it would just waste a player for nothing and people would scream for ammo even when thy have two clips left and will probably die soon anyway.

happens almost once in a every round . 

or i run out of ammo or patches 

On 28/03/2018 at 11:50 AM, Bahrein said:

In PR the ammo box/pouch that the Rifleman ha was not only rearming weapon ammunition, it also rearmed: patches (useful for medics) grenades, and 1 rocket for LAT

I do believe the devs mentioned working on, or attempting to, a vehicle inventory component that would allow certain vehicles to carry some ammo for people to rearm at. This would be simple things that you'd expect in these vehicles though, such as regular magazines, maybe some grenades and field dressings etc. Things that can be easily carried around at a limited capacity by utility vehicles, IFVs/APCs etc.

Haven't heard much on it but it was definitely mentioned by the devs in the past.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:50 AM, Bahrein said:

I guess I just suppress more than usual. I'm constantly in need of ammo. I mean, the more ammo I have at my disposal the more effective my fire team is (I run LMG A LOT), in battle. Period.

The only stuff i run out off are patches,granades and LAT rockets

For guys running ouf ammo with LMG its understandable as a lot of them pray and spray and talking about how thay are suppresing the enemy.And still i dont see the need for a player to be a ammo carrier since the ammo crates are near and if you get the option to rearm at a vehicle.It would be better but still the vehicle would not always be near you.