_FISCHER_

Hey what happened to 50 v 50??

Does anyone remember that picture with 100 soldiers smiling for the camera on Logar Valley? Probably not, because that was back in like 2016 but I do. It was pretty sweet and it gave me high hopes that we would soon be having intense games with more people. However that has been on the back burner with V10 and I dont see progress in the monthly recaps anymore. So I'm just wondering how is the 50 v 50 coming along and will we see it anytime soon?

I was apart of that 100p test & in the photo :D

50v50 is one of the 2018 goals. Before tackling it, more systems have to be complete or built, as well as the optimizations to make sure things run all smoothly server side, before 100 players will be a thing.

Squad devs held an AMA not too long ago, has quite a bit of info about a lot of things.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=262

There's more pressing matters that need to be addressed before 100 players is ready. There's been several 100 player tests in the past, as mentioned above, but all that has to be learned from and moved forward with.

It wasn't something for short term testing and then throwing out 100 players with the upcoming updates - it was about learning for the future. If the devs wouldn't have tested that up until today the situation would be much worse.

Wouldn't expect it soon, there's more important issues to address. At most, the devs said they are hoping to be done by the end of the year.

Either way, as always the devs will give us an update on that situation in a recap once it's time for it.

@Nimbus Keep this thread to its intended topic.

If the OP of the thread you bring up wants to know why it was hidden, then he can personal message a moderator.

It will not happend cuz of the poor performance of the game...

On 24/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, _FISCHER_ said:

These bigger maps are begging for more people!!!

Bigger maps? We have only 3 big maps...

It's definitely still one of our top goals. i.e., It's an on-going effort to develop to that point, which works from the ground up. Some of the optimization work going on right now has that in mind, and we're eyeing up the server code for improvements. There's likely to be an on-going balancing act of adding new content to the Squad world and making sure it works at a level that supports 50v50, especially new vehicles.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:09 AM, Gatzby said:

It's definitely still one of our top goals. i.e., It's an on-going effort to develop to that point, which works from the ground up. Some of the optimization work going on right now has that in mind, and we're eyeing up the server code for improvements. There's likely to be an on-going balancing act of adding new content to the Squad world and making sure it works at a level that supports 50v50, especially new vehicles.

Since day one the first descriptor on Steam:

"Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay."

Given the fact that there has never been a publicaly accessible 50 vs 50 Squad server during this last 2 1/2 years besides some random play test isn't such a statement disingenuous to say the least?

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Since day one the first descriptor on Steam:

"Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay."

Given the fact that there has never been a publicaly accessible 50 vs 50 Squad server during this last 2 1/2 years besides some random play test isn't such a statement disingenuous to say the least?

It wouldn't be the first thing they overpromised:

Q: Is there like a 10% chance we'll be getting player controlled planes, a10/f22 as shown in the kickstarter? - vishru601
A: I think to be honest it's something that we probably overpromised in the Kickstarter.

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

It wouldn't be the first thing they overpromised:

Q: Is there like a 10% chance we'll be getting player controlled planes, a10/f22 as shown in the kickstarter? - vishru601
A: I think to be honest it's something that we probably overpromised in the Kickstarter.

Agreed. I think a lot of the negativity towards the progress of this game has to do with how things are communicated to us. 

On 3/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Nope. We're not done making the game yet. 50 v 50 remains a goal for the 1.0 release.