HoneyBunny

Lose the Medic role

Let's get real here, how many of you actually enjoys playing medic? I don't think a lot, really. Every time I play, people hardly jump into those boots voluntarily. Why? Because it's not fun. Playing medic in this game is a boring and unnecessary job. And we play to not be bored to death. That's essentially what games are all about. One may argue that's for realism. But it's not realistic at all. If you get shot in a firefight to the point that everything is black and you can't move and you can hardly even breath and just lying there bleeding your juice, no medic in the world could patch you up in a couple of seconds to 100% health so you're immediately able to be back running all cylinders around a hot battlefield in full gear shooting and fighting. Ditch it. Just ditch it. Boost ticket count and ditch it. Let's have just fun.

Oh boy...ok...a lot can be said about this.

First and foremost: A medic is a rifleman with 3 extra bandages and a med healing kit. 

To answer your suggestion: Medic is an optional role that even in a full 9 man squad is not necessary in order to unlock other support roles therefor it's not a requirement. Picking up a medic role does have it's advantages just from the individual's perspective being able to heal yourself should be the appeal in itself. Hypocritical? Maybe...

Why having a medic is good: To ensure the survivability especially when in a pickle. Think of those times that a medic could pick SL up and the two can proceed to drop a rally for the squad or better yet a medic doing his job to ensure his squad can continue to attack an enemy location. This is undeniably useful.

Why no one wants to be medic:

- Because not a lot of people don't quite understand the core inventory differences between medic and rifleman (see my first point).

- Because not a lot of people appreciate a good medic. They don't get enough praise for the job they perform. 

- A medic will have on average anywhere between 3 - 10 revives which even at it's max (10) doesn't represent a big enough difference of saved tickets especially when there's other players on the team wasting tickets recklessly by losing assets like FOBs (20 tickets) or stryker (20 tickets) not to mention a ton of players give up instead of waiting for a medic. 

What I think should be done to remedy the issue: 

- Give medics their binoculars back.

- Make medics sprint longer and faster (1.5x) by lowering their magazine count. 

I've played medic a ton in the past, and if you have a good SL who values you, and you two stick together, as Dirty said, the two of you can drop rallys and rescue the entire squad time and time again in a match. 

Being able to heal yourself over and over again can make you a thorn in the side of the other team.  

Medic is slightly more borked in V10 which makes it frustrating to play and I think has led to the lack of medics. 

I enjoy playing medic.

Being a medic is great, you're a rifleman who can heal yourself and revive your team mates.

The only times I don't enjoy it is when I've been playing it all day because nobody else is taking it.

Posted (edited)

In casual this so hard to find a squad where there is two medics. I always play medic but they lack so much and when there is one, he is bored to his role quickly, always the first to leave.

When I play SL this is always war with the dudes taking riflemen instead or medic, I have explained or kicked so many because of that. 

There really should be beginners servers or something, casual players are here to chill out, not being stressed out by others taking bullets all the time.

Edited by Bonnie Money

9 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Oh boy...ok...a lot can be said about this.

First and foremost: A medic is a rifleman with 3 extra bandages and a med healing kit. 

4* extra bandages. And as @Shields says, it's a rifleman with extra meds. When i'm in combat over an obj and it turns into a long slugfest, medic is epic.

Get shot - bandage&heal - rinse&repeat up to 6times.

I myself love to play the medic, I only am a bit annoyed with the current buggy healing process of 10.1...

I was always more into the slower gameplay and like to hold the six / stay at squad lead to build stuff and the medic is perfect for that.

God save the medics!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CptDirty said:

- A medic will have on average anywhere between 3 - 10 revives which even at it's max (10) doesn't represent a big enough difference of saved tickets especially when there's other players on the team wasting tickets recklessly by losing assets like FOBs (20 tickets) or stryker (20 tickets) not to mention a ton of players give up instead of waiting for a medic.

Wrong. I use to play as Squad leader, if I'm not SL I play Medic and normally I get 10 to 20 revives. I know that number doesn't change a lost for a win but  I also heal the squad when they are wounded otherwise condemned, that makes difference. When everyone is down you can revive the SL and place a new rally point, and remember : you can also revive people from other squads (!) .

It's not (only) the ticket you save that count but the difference that make the people you  revived.

The Medic is the most difficult role, and I understand people coming from simpler games don't understand the depth of this role when they only search for some cheap run 'n gun action. (this is not referred to you Dirty)

Edited by El Pube

1 hour ago, El Pube said:

Wrong. I use to play as Squad leader, if I'm not SL I play Medic and normally I get 10 to 20 revives.

Key word: AVERAGE.

You're trying to tell me that 100% of the time you get minimum 10-20 revives? Yeah...no. 

You all took the bait. Obviously, HoneyBunny is a nefarious bot from some competing game studio sent to sew the seeds of dissension!

Posted (edited)

Hey thanks for a reasonable conversation! I don't have a lot of experience in this game yet. I didn't play before 10.1, so I didn't know what it was like then. But anyway, in that short time that I did play I have played medic a lot actually. It's just the other day I joined a side, one squad were on 8/9, with 0 medics. I joined in a rifleman role. The whole squad was all over the place, with at least like 100 m to a closest anyone, no planning, absolutely incoherent. I figured those were casual players (like myself, actually). So, after a while I changed to medic. Because, yes, I know you can heal yourself and became a pain for the other team. I went to a flank solo, just like everybody else, and actually had a lot of fun there all by myself (no pun intended). But, all of a sudden, my squad realized we have a medic, and some people began just plain bitching about me going solo. And in about a couple minutes they just kicked me, lol. I was, like, seriously? Like, if you really needed a medic why nobody took the role then? 0_o Other times it becomes quake 3 arena hot and all you do is bandage, revive, heal, repeat. Oh, and it's so annoying when you get to a body, get out your bandage kit and about to apply it and they click 'give up'. But yeah, today I've played in a decent squad with a good SL and the role was indeed really useful. Maybe there should be casual servers or modes or something, or maybe a little boost like faster sprinting and binos as suggested by CptDirty and Bonnie Money above. Seems reasonable.

wingman9, xD

Edited by HoneyBunny

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Key word: AVERAGE.

You're trying to tell me that 100% of the time you get minimum 10-20 revives? Yeah...no. 

Key word : NORMALLY I get 10 to 20 revives .

Sure you can get these number , but only if you are in good cooperative and communicating squad like clan squad. Anyway the number of revives considered alone ...