suds

A10.1 server performance

Really struggling to enjoy the game recently due to the server performance.

This is not about my personal connection.

Watch all the pings for about 2 mins, everyone in the server will get a massive spike to the ping around double the ping. This is common but does not seem to be regular.

It happens even at the start of a game when no construction is happening.

Climb a wall, then climb it again because you rubber banded back down. Watch the stamina drain then come back.

I played a server that was probably recently started as it is not regularly full (ZXD) and the play was smoother for a time. Still lots of lag spikes for all players but smoother. 

Perhaps there is incremental increases in the load? 

Making me sad :( please fix it asap

I really hope there is a fix for this soon. 

Yeah, i'm noticing alot of servers wich were good quality in the past to now have issues from massive lag spikes (watching btr's drive into eachother etc) to really small one's (not being able to climb a wall repeatedly, pings going up for evryone and then coming back down).

It all start from v10 every problem the ping geting high the fps drops the lags and so on.

And i am sure the developers are on it working hard.We just need to be calm.

Even i am strugling when playing the game my week playtime droped a bunch becouse of that.Most of the times i am seeding a server  of my Ukrainian brothers.

I was playing on a couple maps today on firing range and had huge lag spikes as'well. It was unplayable for me. :(

We're doing some testing on the next update today, so things are moving along. Test isn't over yet, so can't comment on how performance has changed yet... but I'd imagine there'll be some player impressions in Discord and on the boards soon. =)

I hope A10.2 has resolved this. I think many players are mistakenly reporting increased latency from servers as "fps drop".

My low end system gets around 40fps no matter what I change in the graphics settings EPIC / LOW

• i5 2500k @3400
  • nvidia 780 gtx 3gb
  • 12gb ram

Does OWI provide a service where they send someone to your house to turn your computer on so updates can be ready to play when you get home? :D