So ok here it goes.

I will post this here and talk about you all about turret rotation speed on the vehicles.

As some of us have seen this some players when in the vehicles (gunner) goes and in the option settings and puts the mouse sensitivity to the max and gets faster gun rotation.That's not normal.

Every type of turret has its own speed of rotation and its own type of power to rotates.

The old type tanks had hydraulic systems for turret rotation that needed the engine to be working so the pump could pump the pressure in the system>and yes it rotated faster if you rep the engine up.The newer ones use mostly electric power to rotate it that dose not need the engine to be on.

I am making this topic so when the tanks get introduced in game some type of a fix for this can be implemented or something.

I do not see this as a huge problem its basically just a suggestion.

Edited by Bahrein

I and some other people have suggested that vehicle turrets should use a system where WASD keys rotate the turret at its maximum speed and then the mouse is used at a much lower sensitivity for fine adjustments.

This would remove the issue of needing to rotate 180 with a mouse at low sensitivity since you would just use the WASD keys until you're near the rotation you want then use the mouse to finish aiming.

This is a topic that has bothered me for some time usually when I am playing AT. It has been discussed previously but I think it's still a good time to bring it up as nothing has really been put on the table by the devs to define how it will be in the end.

My vote is for realistic turret rotation speeds whether hydraulic powered (no running engine, not turning I guess) or electric.

How you control the turret should also be defined. I'd to see both keyboard (WASD) and mouse simultaneous control but the turrets movement limited to the correct speeds. That way you don't have to keep swiping your mouse but still have the fine control a mouse would offer if you want it.

Edited by Major Trouble
Acknowedgment

8 minutes ago, Stom said:

I and some other people have suggested that vehicle turrets should use a system where WASD keys rotate the turret at its maximum speed and then the mouse is used at a much lower sensitivity for fine adjustments.

This would remove the issue of needing to rotate 180 with a mouse at low sensitivity since you would just use the WASD keys until you're near the rotation you want then use the mouse to finish aiming.

Now that sounds like a great idea i dont know if it would be harder as hell to use it like that but a combination as you say would be beautiful i think.

Thanks for participating in this guys.

3 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

@BahreinThanks for starting a fresh thread. It was lost in the Reshade one and deserves a discussion by itself.

yeah sorry about that thou.I hate making new topics and stuff.The two are not that different.The Reshade was disabled for using because it was like an exploit or a hack or a cheat how ever you like to see it.This is a similar thing.As most of the time AT guy i hate when the gun rotates like instantly at me and shoots me in the face.

I never actually used it while playing but i was told once to max my sensitivity.But nope did not do it.

10 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

yeah sorry about that thou.I hate making new topics and stuff.The two are not that different.The Reshade was disabled for using because it was like an exploit or a hack or a cheat how ever you like to see it.This is a similar thing.As most of the time AT guy i hate when the gun rotates like instantly at me and shoots me in the face.

I never actually used it while playing but i was told once to max my sensitivity.But nope did not do it.

I don't see dpi changing your mouse and Reshades zoom cheat as anywhere near the same thing. We all set our mouse speed how we like and changing it for turret operation is no different. What is 'broken' is the speed the turrets can rotate and that's something the devs need to fix. I have a dpi shift key on my mouse to stop me having to keep slapping the desk with it when using the turret. Now if I had a key I could press (A, D) and the turret accelerated and rotated at maximum rate and then left me with fine control with my mouse I'd be a happy gunner.

Forget the mouse DPI. This is easy fix (relative) by justing implementing the maximum acceleration and maximum speed handles to the turret object in C++ side of the game. 

Personally I would go for acceleration (position change per change of time unit) and speed (position change over time unit) limited mouse control, where you can freely move your mouse "attack point / point of look" in screen if you go above the max speed and/or acceleration and the point of impact (aka turret reticle) will take its time to get on that point. It is the (in my opinion) the best of the both worlds and variations of it have been used for decades in good games.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

1 hour ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Forget the mouse DPI. This is easy fix (relative) by justing implementing the maximum acceleration and maximum speed handles to the turret object in C++ side of the game. 

Personally I would go for acceleration (position change per change of time unit) and speed (position change over time unit) limited mouse control, where you can freely move your mouse "attack point / point of look" in screen if you go above the max speed and/or acceleration and the point of impact (aka turret reticle) will take its time to get on that point. It is the (in my opinion) the best of the both worlds and variations of it have been used for decades in good games.

Well i do understand your suggestion but i dont know if in real world you turn around at the enemy and wait for your turret reticle to come on pint?

2 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

+1 man 

4 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Well i do understand your suggestion but i dont know if in real world you turn around at the enemy and wait for your turret reticle to come on pint?

Well consider the mouse position as a you point of vision. You notice something on turret  screen/scope and then adjust the aim to that point. Nothing more is how it works with that kind of mouse control only thing is that the control and game experience is better (on/off control vs. linear analog) than what it is with WASD.

On 18/03/2018 at 2:13 AM, Bahrein said:

As some of us have seen this some players when in the vehicles (gunner) goes and in the option settings and puts the mouse sensitivity to the max and gets faster gun rotation.That's not normal.  < absolutely. i actually consider it to be "broken".

i made the comment in that other thread, so i'll reiterate it here:   on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity for turret rotation should not be a thing, ever.

nor should there be seperate sensitivity settings.

- use what you're given as it stands and deal with it or go play something else.

i also have no issue with more than one swipe of the mouse to rotate a turret - it's really not a big deal. as @WARti0k0ne -BG- aluded to, these things have been sorted in games for a long time already.

13 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

i made the comment in that other thread, so i'll reiterate it here:   on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity for turret rotation should not be a thing, ever.

nor should there be seperate sensitivity settings.

- use what you're given as it stands and deal with it or go play something else.

i also have no issue with more than one swipe of the mouse to rotate a turret - it's really not a big deal. as @WARti0k0ne -BG- aluded to, these things have been sorted in games for a long time already.

We are all dealing with what we have in this game at this point.

We are just suggesting some improvements in this game of ours.

As we all like the more realistic feeling of the game.