Sign in to follow this  
Friesen

Please there should not be any spawn killing on FOB/HAB like this be happening

Posted (edited)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Please make the FOB/HAB either 10 seconds or more for every player nearby instead of 5 seconds or completely disabled if 3 or 4 enemies are near it.

This spawncamping of the HAB is ludicrous should not happen.

And also imo it doesn't make sense for FOB to cost 20 tickets when lost. Destroying an enemy FOB already gives a huge advantage to the other team because you've now lost your valuable spawnpoint and it already hurts the other team in a huge way.

But the fact is that it makes no sense for it to lose 20 tickets because most of the times FOBs go down while no one is watching as it's impossible to always defend it when you have to attack and defend many objectives on a huge map and defend FOBs at the same time.

So that's why most of the time they go down completely effortlessly and that doesn't make sense to lose 20 tickets because the other team didn't even make any effort taking it out while no one is watching.

If I had my own way I'd make the FOBs not cost anything. But at least you could reduce it to 10 tickets and not 20 tickets.

Edited by Friesen

Posted (edited)

If you are going to take away the point cost, then you'll have to offset that with a timer of how many fobs you can place in a certain time.

Else there is no reason why you shouldn't put down a fob and you'll end up with a map littered with radios and their annoying chatter.

Edited by oTec

1 hour ago, Friesen said:

If I had my own way I'd make the FOBs not cost anything. But at least you could reduce it to 10 tickets and not 20 tickets.

I'm willing to bet money that there's going to be a vast majority of forum members that will disagree with you on this lmfao....

The physical placement of the FOB and HAB in relation to the opposite team's most likely direction of attack is often overlooked. There's many different tactics used, especially now in V10 logi system, to allow for quick FOB/HAB deployment and using rally points as back up spawns in the event a HAB is camped. Basically it boils down to the map, faction and strength of the team and most importantly communication between all players. If a HAB is being camped with no other possible way of saving it then it's important to let the team know not to spawn there anymore. Scream if you must or type in team chat. SL's must then relay the information to everyone and place accurate markers on the map. Here's what I usually do:

[Friendly Green Zone] ... [Place Rally] ..50-100 meters.. [Place FOB] ..50-100 meters.. [Place HAB] ... [Enemy Red Zone].

In some instances it is more beneficial to sacrifice your FOB/HAB in return for another one that will allow the team to onto the next cap. 

Well that's not true there's been actually other people here on the forum suggesting first about less tickets for the FOB and I agree with them.

But yes oTec I agree this would be a great idea to have a timer of how many fobs you can place in a certain time. And it's a far better solution than just charging and "punishing" team of 20 tickets and just saying stuff like "well if the team is not defending their fob then most rightously they should lose 20 tickets". That's bull because it's virtually impossible to keep fob guarded AT ALL TIMES, there will almost always be times when the fob is undefended because of such vast maps that have so many objectives to go to. And no one is going to stay at the fob for the next 10 minutes just because someone might attack it or not.

I totally agree on every point. 

I also don't see why you would lose 20 tickets together with your fob. 

It already take a massiv amount of resources to place a fob. A SL and 2 squad members (witch a much needed on the field) and the time to drive to the actual fob emplacement + build the stuff.  Witch may be easy at round start, but mid game? Depending on the map it can be pain, think of Kohat. 

I believe this is a reason we see no logi squad, just not worth loosing all those tickets. 

7 hours ago, Friesen said:

This spawncamping of the HAB is ludicrous should not happen.

yeah iv'e noticed this in sooo many vids. however i'd call it Spawn Raping (i prefer to call a spade a spade) as this is a more accurate description of what is happening. it's cheap and from my POV detracts from the game, making it far more arcadey just like CoD or BF.

the fix (imo): disable the spawn as soon as the enemy has the advantage over that HAB, so that raping the spawn is not possible(encouraged).

now the rebuttal will prolly be something like: "but comms to warn of the HAB being atacked - don't spawningz", but seriously, it seems, going by gameplay vids, that tons of players are either asleep on the job, deaf or just plain stupid, as player after player spawns in front of the enemy to die and loose points and tickets for the team.

53 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

yeah iv'e noticed this in sooo many vids. however i'd call it Spawn Raping (i prefer to call a spade a spade) as this is a more accurate description of what is happening. it's cheap and from my POV detracts from the game, making it far more arcadey just like CoD or BF.

the fix (imo): disable the spawn as soon as the enemy has the advantage over that HAB, so that raping the spawn is not possible(encouraged).

now the rebuttal will prolly be something like: "but comms to warn of the HAB being atacked - don't spawningz", but seriously, it seems, going by gameplay vids, that tons of players are either asleep on the job, deaf or just plain stupid, as player after player spawns in front of the enemy to die and loose points and tickets for the team.

Current HAB - Spawn system is bugged IIRC. The more enemy close to the FOB the higher spawn time on that HAB is supposed to go, but its not currently doing that - resulting in endless waves of enemy spawning, resulting in spawn camping as its the only way to take the HAB down with out being over run by endless waves.

10 hours ago, Friesen said:

And also imo it doesn't make sense for FOB to cost 20 tickets when lost. Destroying an enemy FOB already gives a huge advantage to the other team because you've now lost your valuable spawnpoint and it already hurts the other team in a huge way.

While I don't like the idea of losing tickets on my team because some goober couldn't protect the FOB he constructed, there should be a penalty other than loss of time for losing a FOB+HAB.

I do not like the idea of a FOB just simply being a little checkpoint to plop down and move on. The HAB was a great step to force additional attention and time to setting it up. What you're doing is creating a forward spawn point that has absolutely no downsides to using other than not having all vehicles at your fingertips when you spawn.

Often you run into a squad that has been making one out of the way. Say maybe it is for a few mortars.

Now, mortars are currently garbage and made worse by the fact that when people use them they fire all three rounds in the same spot because they don't realize that any form of artillery is more effective by spreading it out a little bit.

Other than the constant annoying explosion going on around me taking a flag, it might even be more beneficial for me to just leave those mortars doing their thing than to go wipe them out and put that manpower into my team's way capturing the points. Having the FOB cost something to them to lose gives me a reason why I might want my guys to take it out if it's otherwise irrelevant.

I disagree with you om the ticket loss, It should be hard and heavily punished, if you can't defend it, dig it down so the enemy won't get it.

And if the FOB is left undefended as a backup one just have to risk that it might be found and dugg up, - This way people will have to think twice about what theyre doing wich this game should emphasize on....Think about it, if the game is to easy you will put it away faster.

I would rather have the devs find a better way to teach the players the rights and wrongs vs making something not punishible because a few SL's made a dumb choise. 

3 hours ago, Dubs said:

Current HAB - Spawn system is bugged IIRC. The more enemy close to the FOB the higher spawn time on that HAB is supposed to go, but its not currently doing that - resulting in endless waves of enemy spawning, resulting in spawn camping as its the only way to take the HAB down with out being over run by endless waves.

ah, rgr tht! :)

also: what about as soon as someone starts digging it up (<100% built) the spawn is disabled. ie: as soon as you put your shovel to it, none can spawn. - this would be independant of "enemies near" spawn reduction.

4 hours ago, Rybec said:

I do not like the idea of a FOB just simply being a little checkpoint to plop down and move on. The HAB was a great step to force additional attention and time to setting it up. What you're doing is creating a forward spawn point that has absolutely no downsides to using other than not having all vehicles at your fingertips when you spawn.

You place a fob as a spawnpoint. It currently has no value because the rallypoints are way better spawnpoints than they should be.

The loss of a fob does hurt, because the next fob is more than 200 metres away and also might not exist because of bad logistics. 

If you limit the amount of buildable fobs, and also the distance they can be placed between each other, fob placement becomes a big deal. 

Losing those fobs hurts just then, when you cant have the rallypoint up so easily. Running 500 metres to the action because the fob is lost is a huge punishment for a lot of people in this game. Changing the fobsystem should change the rallypointsystem too. 

For a good look at how both systems are (btw over 10 years tested) balanced is seen in PR. 

19 hours ago, Elirah said:

For a good look at how both systems are (btw over 10 years tested) balanced is seen in PR. 

In a map with helicopters (plenty of them do) having a FOB is trivial unless the goober gets shot down.

Speaking of which, transport squads are fought over to be a part of so not even having a FOB is not a big deal for a while since you have someone who will take you where you need to go. There's a billion pilots who absolutely need to show you how great they are at flying, no shortage.

6 hours ago, Rybec said:

In a map with helicopters (plenty of them do) having a FOB is trivial unless the goober gets shot down.

Speaking of which, transport squads are fought over to be a part of so not even having a FOB is not a big deal for a while since you have someone who will take you where you need to go. There's a billion pilots who absolutely need to show you how great they are at flying, no shortage.

No transport from main is as fast as a spawn on a FOB.

FOBs are not trivial, they are vital.

18 hours ago, Elirah said:

FOBs are not trivial, they are vital.

The only time FOBs are vital are when you need a hell of a lot of manpower on defense on the point because they don't have much other choice than to get conned into a defensive fight the moment they spawn.

Unless your SL and medics keep dying, whether or not a FOB is faster to get back into combat is irrelevant.

In fact if it's that much of a benefit you might be losing more points to constantly respawning on it than anything else.

4 hours ago, Rybec said:

The only time FOBs are vital are when you need a hell of a lot of manpower on defense on the point because they don't have much other choice than to get conned into a defensive fight the moment they spawn.

Unless your SL and medics keep dying, whether or not a FOB is faster to get back into combat is irrelevant.

In fact if it's that much of a benefit you might be losing more points to constantly respawning on it than anything else.

Show me a game where people without a fob won any game. I know none.

What i know, the more fobs you use to advance and secure, the higher is your chance of winning. 3 Fobs around a capable point means 3 attacking point for the enemy team to advance. Helicopter and trucks are way to loud to get into a fight, however can be used very well to get into positions where the fobs are not. 

Losing a fob means losing a flag and the possibility to stop the advance of the enemy team. 

At least thats the PR i played. 

I really never saw a team win, who didnt have a fob and who had to travel from main constantly. 

FOBs are vital for winning, you can neglect it or not. The fact they are not vital in squad is due to a lot of reasons that people here in this thread want to change.