Jackal6681

Orbweaver support needed

Posted (edited)

Hi there

I have just got an orbweaver (Razer) - The only trouble I am having so far is getting the directional d pad to work for movement...Now I know its not ideal...but my fingers are bust. So please dont go on about whats better etc I just need help with the getting my directional pad to work...its dead at the moment. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I can finally get in game...right now, I am staring at the shooting range and not able to move or straif...the mouse works perfectly of course I will key map a few things to my Log g502 but my orbweaver...she is not co-operating!

Help?

Edited by Jackal6681
spell check

Have you installed the Razer Synapse software? If not you'll need it to change your keys. Edit the D pad to assign wasd to the directions of the pad you want.

Hi @Major Trouble thank you so much for the feedback. I have installed it but its quite tricky...it has options like directional or Numbers....I tried to program it to the WASD keys....that didn't work...so I tried Joystick but then it asks for RX and RY or X and Y info and I dont know which to try...The funny thing is I plug it and started BF4 or Bf1 and it worked fine but Squad...boom the directional dpad is not sensing it...so I was thinking maybe somewhere in the app data files I need to put in some code...but what and where...or if thats even needed...I will try tomorrow again but would appreciate any advice.

Open the Razer Synapse software, select side view on the bottom of the window then click on the D pad graphic. A window should pop up to allow you to configure the 8 way D pad. In the drop down for each direction you should be able to assign it to a keypress. Then just press the key that you want and save. 

Posted (edited)

It should do. All the software is doing is duplicating a keyboard keypress through the orbweaver. Squad should just see it as a keyboard command. What happens if you open a notepad window and cycle your D pad? Does it type out w a s d. If it doesn't then you've got something wrong.

I have mine to use c (crouch) and p (prone) on the D pad and they work fine. I don't see why wasd would be any problem.

Edited by Major Trouble

Posted (edited)

Squad doesn't support as many different controllers as BF games do. It probably picked up the orbweaver D pad as something it recognised just fine whereas Squad can't. 

Assigning wasd should just be a keyboard keypress to Squad and not some fancy controller it knows nothing about.

Edited by Major Trouble

'Keyboard Function' is the option you need. Assign w a s d as you would like and test it in a notepad window.

Ok oddly enough - I have managed to get it moving sideways and forwards but not backwards and I have one other issue...I will try again in the am am bushed now