Peerun

Recentering weapon with freelook

Posted (edited)

Why is recentering your weapon with freelook so goddamn slow all of a sudden in the new update? What is the point of introducing a feature and then making it useless? Is this a bug? What is the point? What. Is. The. Point. ?. !. Stop. Full stop. .

Rationale: Since you've already commited mouse movement to moving your vision, decoupled, there's no reason to then nerf the speed at which the body catches up. 
Otherwise, by the same logic, we should have a turnspeed limit on at all times, regardless of whether or not we are using freelook. 

Consistency?

Edited by Peerun

Here's a clip of how hilariously bad it is to prove my point further. Granted, it does look rather cinematic, if Chaplin movies are your thing.

I was making "Rrrrrrrrrrrrt" noises like a robot while you were recentering... xD

Yeah, comically slow

I didn't even know it was implemented already. I will likely still not use it.

7 hours ago, Rybec said:

I didn't even know it was implemented already. I will likely still not use it.

Well that's the thing, in V10.0 it was nice and quick and now I am used to using it and then this happens.

Mod edit : Removed uneeded remark.

5 hours ago, Peerun said:

Well that's the thing, in V10.0 it was nice and quick and now I am used to using it and then this happens. 

IIRC there were some Issues with 3rd person animations causing weird things to happen - Example : Enemy seemed like he wasn't looking at you, then starts shooting at you while it looked like he was looking elseware, or his torso would snap really fast to the direction he was really looking at.

My guess this is a temp fix until the issue is sorted. I could be wrong, as I'm going from something I read a lil while ago.

Also, keep snide remarks to 0 please. You've been around these neck of the woods long enough to know the rules.

3 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Enemy seemed like he wasn't looking at you, then starts shooting at you while it looked like he was looking elseware, or his torso would snap really fast to the direction he was really looking at.

Well that is unfortunate.