Sgt Buckner

Can I Run The Game With This Rig?

I'll buy the game soon but I'm not sure if I can get smooth performance. I have GTX 1050 TI 4GB / I7 3770k / 8GB RAM. How much FPS can I get with High or Medium settings? 

Posted (edited)

I run it on a way older setup* at the moment on very low with view settings on highest settings to get the highest frames (40-50 at normal, goes as high as 60 sometimes even 70 on a good day) as possible, so yes, you could run it but most likely not on top High-Medium settings (meaning full med or full high settings). At least not right now with how optimization is (not very good. Look at this bottleneck on i7 & 1080 Ti system). I'd say at 1080p and current patch, you'd at least get a stable 40-50 on most maps on low-medium for sure but you might even get more, especially if you overclock your CPU. I'd suggest, when you get money to do it, putting more RAM into your system though because this game eats it more than Chrome does.

Honestly though, you can always just buy the game and test for 2 hours (don't hit 2 hours though!) or 7 days not hitting 2 hours, and issue a refund if you don't like the performance of the game just yet.

My specs: i5-4690k 3.8GHz & R9 280 3GB & 16GB RAM*

Edited by Root

Do you think upgrading to a 16GB would make a difference? Also with this rig I can get 40-50 fps on Arma with medium settings. I guess it won't lag much in Squad. 

On 3/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, Sgt Buckner said:

Do you think upgrading to a 16GB would make a difference? Also with this rig I can get 40-50 fps on Arma with medium settings. I guess it won't lag much in Squad. 

I went from 6gb to 8gb, saw a huge difference in Squad (and Arma 3!). I went from 8gb to 16gb (with a page file of 12gb on my main HDD) a few months ago. It makes a huge difference for me, and kicked me up to the FPS I listed above. I can play this game comfortably again (used to be able to play Epic believe it or not!) on my PC now when before I was struggling to maintain 30-40 FPS on the lowest settings ever since v9 hit public. 

If you can, I would definitely suggest getting more RAM if you have the money room to do it. Just make sure it is compatible with your system.