Sign in to follow this  
virusman

minecraft 2018

Posted (edited)

me and my friend build a huge babylon tower  . and we noticed weird stuff .

if u place RADIOs its hit the performance of the game and the server  .

but if u place other stuff like walls , fobs , sandbags , hmg & all the other things that u need to shovel its have no impact on the performance . 

i noticed that building stuff in the shooting range is more easy than in the normal multiplayer server ... why ?

i managed to put hmg on top of heco wall with no problem witch very useful but i never manged to make it in the normal server  .  

28879350_10211510086413168_675394222_o.j
28942064_10211510086453169_1490481565_o.
28928683_10211510086533171_2123130577_o.
28938779_10211510086573172_1356609082_o.
19578549_10211510086733176_847742259_o.j
28943847_10211510086693175_1318254663_o.

Edited by virusman

11 hours ago, virusman said:

i noticed that building stuff in the shooting range is more easy than in the normal multiplayer server ... why ?

i managed to put hmg on top of heco wall with no problem witch very useful but i never manged to make it in the normal server  . 

Pretty sure it's because the range has alwaysvalidplacement enabled. This allows you to place a FOB without 2 teammates standing near you. It also allows you to really stack up things you're building. I built some massive massive castles back in the day with this feature turned on. But on a live server (that's not in custom) this isn't an option... and thus you're limited to the building rules the game has in place. Annoying at times.

22 hours ago, virusman said:

if u place RADIOs its hit the performance of the game and the server  .

but if u place other stuff like walls , fobs , sandbags , hmg & all the other things that u need to shovel its have no impact on the performance . 

Well it's logical that it would be as such...

The radio has a range of functions embedded within it, the biggest being the radius being checked for friendlies/enemies, as well as supply levels and probably a heap of things I'm forgetting about. Those all take computation cycles both on the server and the client side. When you stack 400 of the radios or whatever on top of each other, the tiny bits of computation start to add up and it hurts performance. 

Sand bags/walls etc simply sit there as what are essentially static objects/actors. They incur little to no computational cost unless something is interacting with them (doing damage/digging) and as such can be placed until you hit memory limits. 

9 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Well it's logical that it would be as such...

The radio has a range of functions embedded within it, the biggest being the radius being checked for friendlies/enemies, as well as supply levels and probably a heap of things I'm forgetting about. Those all take computation cycles both on the server and the client side. When you stack 400 of the radios or whatever on top of each other, the tiny bits of computation start to add up and it hurts performance. 

Sand bags/walls etc simply sit there as what are essentially static objects/actors. They incur little to no computational cost unless something is interacting with them (doing damage/digging) and as such can be placed until you hit memory limits. 

Yup, and being a local server, you're not dealing with anyone else's information talking to the server. It's like playing the world's largest Jenga -- the more people that get a move, the "skill" required to continue holding up the tower goes up a level, the less likely you're going to make your ideal tower, and the more likely everything is to come crumbling down by accident, heh. Fortunately, Squad is way more fun and you don't have to clean up any blocks after your little brother drops a mortar on the tab... uh, lost the metaphor somewhere.

Stacking radios will just crush a server......