(I do not own this game.) I've been watching this game for a while now as I'm sure a bunch of others have, and I'll be honest I've never really enjoyed multiplayer based games, the exceptions being something like that of a small custom game on Arma 3 with friends but I was hoping this game would change that for me at the moment I cant afford it as its kinda pricey and even on sale however that's for other reasons but however maybe some where down the line I will pick this game up and in that time I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me there honest opinion's about it, as far as it's graphics, and what it might take to run it (Ill put my computer info below).

I've heard things like people always arguing and that kinda stuff about people not listening not sure if that's true or not but of course I want to know... Assuming there is no tutorial or lesson on how to play other than knowledge from previous games played do players act kindly or right to new players ? Questions like that is all I really want to know... for the longest time I've said I will never get this game as long as I have Arma 3 because this game in the idea just seems to be a limited version of Arma ? (I honestly don't know but I would appreciate an answer to that.) Anyway thanks again feel free to say whatever.. open to criticism.

(Not sure if I even will get a reply but here is my Specs if there is more info you need regarding the specs just let me know :) .)

Processor    AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, 3500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I'll give u my honest one here. 

Squad isn't a complete game ok?But it has these 2 things  that makes it great : teamwork and simple. More simple than Arma 3 so it's more accesible and a different type of gameplay. It's based on realism so no COD shitty playstyle here. Communication is key to success and basic knowledge of inf tactics make the difference . It 's medium paced, so not very fast but it's still action packed( a little too much imo) .  After all think it's a great game but if u really want the full experience go play Proyect reality, it's "dad".  I've played PR for over 2 years and can tell u it's better than Squad right now, btw it's free but it is an old game.I'd suggest to wait a little to buy it but if u are gonna buy it then do the following:

1. Listen to your leader, don't lonewolf NEVER.

2. USE YOUR MIC, by far the reason why people play it or get kicked out of squad.

Also just an FYI but I wouldn't bother buying squad with your current computer. It's not yet well optimized and will most likely run like crap on that cpu and gpu combo 

Where do I start with this:- 

firstly your pc is a potato! Secondly Squad is really cheap already as there games that come out that cost £30 or £40 plus and are completely shit 

i would very happily pay £50 plus for Squad with it being sooooooo dam good 

Squad a beautiful thing! Best served in a clan and there’s many of them you’ve just got to pick the right one for you! Some are casual some are competitive some are in between 

i would totally forget about arma 3 I deleted it in 2015 when Squad came out on closed pre alpha and I’ve never looked back 

the team work is second to none the community is pretty big with many community events depending what you’re in to 

some clans are small like 9 to 15 guys if you want that small family feeling but I would suggest a medium size clan 20 to 30 that can play in clan v clan match’s 

ive been gaming since 1984 and no game has ever come close to Squad 

1 hour ago, ZXD_Lee said:

i would totally forget about arma 3 I deleted it in 2015 when Squad came out on closed pre alpha and I’ve never looked back

same! 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, LizardTooth said:

(I do not own this game.) I've been watching this game for a while now as I'm sure a bunch of others have, and I'll be honest I've never really enjoyed multiplayer based games, the exceptions being something like that of a small custom game on Arma 3 with friends but I was hoping this game would change that for me at the moment I cant afford it as its kinda pricey and even on sale however that's for other reasons but however maybe some where down the line I will pick this game up and in that time I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me there honest opinion's about it, as far as it's graphics, and what it might take to run it (Ill put my computer info below).

I've heard things like people always arguing and that kinda stuff about people not listening not sure if that's true or not but of course I want to know... Assuming there is no tutorial or lesson on how to play other than knowledge from previous games played do players act kindly or right to new players ? Questions like that is all I really want to know... for the longest time I've said I will never get this game as long as I have Arma 3 because this game in the idea just seems to be a limited version of Arma ? (I honestly don't know but I would appreciate an answer to that.) Anyway thanks again feel free to say whatever.. open to criticism.

(Not sure if I even will get a reply but here is my Specs if there is more info you need regarding the specs just let me know :) .)

Processor    AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, 3500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

donno if your computer could run it and you mentioned your money situation so im going to toss this out there for ya.

http://www.realitymod.com/about

thats a link to project reality a game mod based on bf2(made by the same guys that made this game)

it is FREE to play will run on your comp,has a single player/coop experience for you and your friends, and also offers the same play style as squad. as well as multiplayer .

try it out. its a bit slower pace then squad but with bigger maps more assets/tanks/planes/heli's honestly its better in every way besides graphics imo.

but if it floats your boat then maybe you can save for squad and a new comp :)

Edited by ♠DEG♠

1 hour ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Same!

Here is an honest review of the game having been around for awhile and seen it's development. 

Squad is a good game, but it is starting to grow stale and underperform in content development and the quality of public matches have gone downhill due in part from back to back steam sales. The game is frustrating to the extent that unless I have people from my group playing I will not play public matches. Lack of experience and lack of motivation to listen to direction is killing this game in terms of the public portion. You have squad leaders that do not listen and want to play how they see fit which is fine because they paid their money same as I did, however they make mistakes and ruin the next 45 minutes of a match because of it. 

Squad will be cool for your first hundred or so hours, but after that it will start to show it's flaws and you will turn into the rest of the vets here who are salty and tired of the "human" element. OWI likes to tell you that teamwork and communication are staples of this game when it is further from the truth. There are no systems in place currently to promote a culture of teamwork and communication and reward people for doing so. Short of kicking people from a server and squad you are ****ed. 

Squad is the game I was waiiting all my life !

-weapons handling of Red orchestra 2

-Movement of Bf3

-Hardcore lethal gameplay of Insurgency

-Huge map of Arma

-Communication of Raimbow six siege

I would say Authentic, intense and immersive.

Just need optimisation !

43 minutes ago, selecto said:

Movement of Bf3

Ouff...I don't know about that one...

43 minutes ago, selecto said:

I would say Authentic, intense and immersive.

Agreed on all 3 fronts! 

All in all, definitely worth upgrading PC or building a whole new one for this puppy! 

On 3/11/2018 at 6:40 AM, ♠DEG♠ said:

donno if your computer could run it and you mentioned your money situation so im going to toss this out there for ya.

http://www.realitymod.com/about

thats a link to project reality a game mod based on bf2(made by the same guys that made this game)

it is FREE to play will run on your comp,has a single player/coop experience for you and your friends, and also offers the same play style as squad. as well as multiplayer .

try it out. its a bit slower pace then squad but with bigger maps more assets/tanks/planes/heli's honestly its better in every way besides graphics imo.

but if it floats your boat then maybe you can save for squad and a new comp :)

Thanks, I tried out it yesterday actually and within minutes I was killed by my own Team a few times and never actually encountered an enemy (Because I was team killed.) Not sure if I joined the right game tho.

20 minutes ago, LizardTooth said:

Thanks, I tried out it yesterday actually and within minutes I was killed by my own Team a few times and never actually encountered an enemy (Because I was team killed.) Not sure if I joined the right game tho.

Nah , it happens sometimes. I am vet of that game , i have played for

over 2 years man and i can tell you it was accidental. The rest is pure realistic combat at it's core and roleplay

On 3/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, maze2 said:

Nah , it happens sometimes. I am vet of that game , i have played for

over 2 years man and i can tell you it was accidental. The rest is pure realistic combat at it's core and roleplay

Server suggestions ? or maybe even add me on Discord if you feel like helping me out or hanging out on it

The human element of Squad will determine how much or how little you like this game. If you buy the game and play 3 rounds the very first time with an excellent Squad leader who talks and always has a rally point, you will become addicted like crack. Or your first game could have a crap leader, and never play this game again and think it is stupid. The human element of this game is the largest variable everytime you play. It is the double-edged sword that makes this one of the greatest games ever made(IMO), or possibly rage quit worthy. 

Squad will bring you to higher highs than you've ever had in gaming, but sometimes because of people you also get new lows.

Posted (edited)

Since squad i never think of BF series again never played bf4 never played bf1 and never will.

I love the game the team play thats mandatory for a win.The developers actually lisining to the sugestion and problems working their ass of to make the game better.Made a bunch of nice friends i play with and so on.

You will love it.But i am no expert but i do think you will strugle to play it with your pc.

Edited by Bahrein

You are going to know real pain with that processor on a full server. Squad is SEVERELY lacking in performance.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Since squad i never think of BF series again never played bf4 never played bf1 and never will.

I love the game the team play thats mandatory for a win.The developers actually lisining to the sugestion and problems working their ass of to make the game better.Made a bunch of nice friends i play with and so on.

You will love it.But i am no expert but i do think you will strugle to play it with your pc.

LOL ok...

bf3,bf4,bf1 are not the same game as bf2,bf1942  for one dice  made bf2 ,EA bought out dice after that and ruined the games imo.

i have never played bf4,bf1 they look retarded cod like games. bf2 is not the same its dated yes but i still play bf2 pr. you should give it a go it is a good game and not what you think you might be to young to remember how good it was back in the day.. before it became a money whore.

maybe im just old and clinging to the past but diablo 3 sucks diablo 2 was amazing, civilization 2-3 was amazing civ 6sucks,bf2 was awesome bf3 and on suck,rome total war was the best rome 2 is trash.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

10 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

maybe im just old and clinging to the past but diablo 3 sucks diablo 2 was amazing

Nah, it's all true :( 

On 11/3/2018 at 7:07 PM, LizardTooth said:

Server suggestions ? or maybe even add me on Discord if you feel like helping me out or hanging out on it

HOG mixed maps is a very good server. The stupid guy that tries to make stupid things will get banned 100% of the time. Admins are strict and encourage to read the rules of the server. It's just more serious  and it's a North 'merica server btw.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, ♠DEG♠ said:

LOL ok...

bf3,bf4,bf1 are not the same game as bf2,bf1942  for one dice  made bf2 ,EA bought out dice after that and ruined the games imo.

i have never played bf4,bf1 they look retarded cod like games. bf2 is not the same its dated yes but i still play bf2 pr. you should give it a go it is a good game and not what you think you might be to young to remember how good it was back in the day.. before it became a money whore.

maybe im just old and clinging to the past but diablo 3 sucks diablo 2 was amazing, civilization 2-3 was amazing civ 6sucks,bf2 was awesome bf3 and on suck,rome total war was the best rome 2 is trash.

Yes i know i played bf 1942 bf 2 bf 3 was the trash one and because of that i stoped playing.I never like that arcade type of games.

But we all have different taste in everything and there for in games too.

It all comes down to the squad leader or your fellow Squad leaders This game can be the most wonderful shooter experience ever or the most hideous toxic nightmare you can imagine. I just roleplay every experience and have fun with it.

I upgraded to my potato to a baked potato and I still get on all right.  

Squad is a good game when you get in the right squad with the right SL for you..i.e

there are those that want to go all realistic and micro manage every squad member which I tend to find painful as they are sucking the life out of the GAME

There are the US SLs who do take it quite seriously but tend to love building massive fobs (usually to lose them on the first attack)

The SL (I put me in this category) who likes to play it relatively seriously but just keeps the squad together and ensures the squad gets info and an objective but doesn't push them around

or the one that doesn't give a toss ...

just remember you are not locked into a squad you can leave ...

As an honest review of the game after nearly 3000 hours which I guess means I like it, I would say that it tends to get a bit linear i.e most squads do exactly the same thing round after round because the flag locations are fixed positions.   It also means a lot of squads and SLs are very focused on flags which leaves the ability of others to do something different, questioned every time.

However there is an intensity to the firefights and some fantastic action sets when you have both mortars/assaults and vehicles interacting with one another, something I have not experienced with many games.   I think the first 100 hours will be frustrating as hell for a new player now but worth staying the course.

As for Tks and salt.. nothing different about this game vs any other multiplayer out there, you just need to find a server with an active admin who will react quickly to ban or kick.  

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

I upgraded to my potato to a baked potato and I still get on all right.  

Squad is a good game when you get in the right squad with the right SL for you..i.e

there are those that want to go all realistic and micro manage every squad member which I tend to find painful as they are sucking the life out of the GAME

There are the US SLs who do take it quite seriously but tend to love building massive fobs (usually to lose them on the first attack)

The SL (I put me in this category) who likes to play it relatively seriously but just keeps the squad together and ensures the squad gets info and an objective but doesn't push them around

or the one that doesn't give a toss ...

just remember you are not locked into a squad you can leave ...

As an honest review of the game after nearly 3000 hours which I guess means I like it, I would say that it tends to get a bit linear i.e most squads do exactly the same thing round after round because the flag locations are fixed positions.   It also means a lot of squads and SLs are very focused on flags which leaves the ability of others to do something different, questioned every time.

However there is an intensity to the firefights and some fantastic action sets when you have both mortars/assaults and vehicles interacting with one another, something I have not experienced with many games.   I think the first 100 hours will be frustrating as hell for a new player now but worth staying the course.

As for Tks and salt.. nothing different about this game vs any other multiplayer out there, you just need to find a server with an active admin who will react quickly to ban or kick.  

Yeah i totally agree with my friend here the game is great when you are in a squad that's great its not even needed to be a great winning all the time whole team for win you do need to have good squads not just one good squad ;-) it is a team based type of a game.Not a one man arcade like BF series.

This days i did notice a lot of noob SL guys and players too and i will say i mostly play with the team and guys i love Ukrainian Squad they are a lot of pro guys in and they are cool to play with so most of the time i will be in a squad with them.