Jump to content
Clown_Tactical

Easy Fix for Voice Comms between Gunner and Driver

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I notice that sometimes it is difficult for a gunner and driver to talk to each other inside a vehicle because of the engine noise. Other games like Arma offered a channel switching ability that had a vehicle only channel. I don't think Squad need's this. I believe that the only fix here is that when a player is inside a vehicle and uses local voice communication. The local voice communication should take priority over the engine noise for all players inside the vehicle. This will remove the inability to hear fellow teammates who are inside the vehicle. I shouldn't have so much difficulty hearing what another person is saying when he is literally right next to me inside a vehicle. Right now in the game, using the squad radio to talk to your gunner or driver is better than using local voice commns in the vehicles because it's louder and more audible.

Edited by Clown_Tactical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a military vehicle can be quite noisy inside, so I don't know about being able to hear your mates easily I real life bro. BUT someone else gave the idea of making local voice be actually the vehicle comm when inside one, which is basically the same, just in a more elegant way. I'm all for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vegetal said:

I guess a military vehicle can be quite noisy inside, so I don't know about being able to hear your mates easily I real life bro. BUT someone else gave the idea of making local voice be actually the vehicle comm when inside one, which is basically the same, just in a more elegant way. I'm all for it.

 

I Like this as really, you're pretty unlikely to be able to (or often need to) talk to people out of the vehicle in local chat. So just switch local to in-vehicle only local comm when mounted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vegetal said:

I guess a military vehicle can be quite noisy inside, so I don't know about being able to hear your mates easily I real life bro. BUT someone else gave the idea of making local voice be actually the vehicle comm when inside one, which is basically the same, just in a more elegant way. I'm all for it.

Well in real life. A gunner and driver have headsets on and can talk to each other on their own radio and in real life they aren't part of a infantry squad. There is no need to go down this route. Having players only in the role of a vehicle isn't fun nor is forcing players to switch channels to have a vehicle only channel like in arma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also there is no Squad 0, yet there is a Squad 0 voicechannel. Maybe this could be used to facilitiate intravehicle comms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peerun said:

Also there is no Squad 0, yet there is a Squad 0 voicechannel. Maybe this could be used to facilitiate intravehicle comms?

Oh I'm liking the sound of that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sugested in vehicle coms long time ago.

Its pure and simple local chat is just local its you talking with guys around you or near you mic is not in use like in squad or sl coms.Thats why the noise in the vehicle is owerpowering compared to local its becouse you are basicli shouting in a tank.

As we all know all type personal using tracked vehcles or armored personel carriers in real life have headsets to talk bet ene them inside tank comander has coms to the outside world to so he can get the info of the other tanks infantry and so on where the enemy is where the friendlies are where to shoot and such then he dicades where to go what to do where to shoot and gives the order to the crew inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It comes up fairly frequently. We need intravehicle coms for a SL and the crew, as well as earplugs like in ARMA. So, a SL could speak directly to the crew over a handset, they could talk among themselves over headsets and everyone else can put in earplugs, and speak in local without going deaf from the engine noise. I was a helo pilot mostly in ARMA and earplugs were the only way I kept my sanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Peerun said:

Also there is no Squad 0, yet there is a Squad 0 voicechannel. Maybe this could be used to facilitiate intravehicle comms?

maybe it's being held over for a Command channel in the future ... ?

 

still find it odd that peeps want even more complexity where it is not required, just becase "IRL" ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we all wanted an updated version of PR, that is Squad. Then make it as PR, have people make dedicated Vehicle squads as in PR. If we don't all we are left with is a fancy BF. 

 

Vehicle coms is a must, just use the local chat as the channel to talk through 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2018 at 6:37 PM, LaughingJack said:

maybe it's being held over for a Command channel in the future ... ?

 

still find it odd that peeps want even more complexity where it is not required, just becase "IRL" ...

 

Said "complexity" can improve gameplay.

Unless you are talking about that earplug idea and stuff, that really is unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vegetal said:

Said "complexity" can improve gameplay.

Unless you are talking about that earplug idea and stuff, that really is unnecessary.

how could it improve the game?

people are already complaining about the VOIP delay and you want to add more overhaed?

why add it in unnecessarily when an easier option is to do what i suggested? here >

On 12/03/2018 at 9:36 AM, LaughingJack said:

why not just have the in-vehicle engine volume be a bit lower? (as a normal thing)

a simple fix and no additional keys/buttons/voip required > K.I.S.S.

 

sorry, i don't even understand what is meant by the 'earplugs and stuff' bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

how could it improve the game?

people are already complaining about the VOIP delay and you want to add more overhaed?

why add it in unnecessarily when an easier option is to do what i suggested? here >

a simple fix and no additional keys/buttons/voip required > K.I.S.S.

 

sorry, i don't even understand what is meant by the 'earplugs and stuff' bit.

No overhead bro. I didn't like the suggestions here either, but an idea someone had before was to make the "local voice" key actually be vehicle comms when inside one, automatically. No extra bindings, no processing overhead. Got it? I find it to be a very elegant solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vegetal said:

No overhead bro. I didn't like the suggestions here either, but an idea someone had before was to make the "local voice" key actually be vehicle comms when inside one, automatically. No extra bindings, no processing overhead. Got it? I find it to be a very elegant solution.

hmm, ok. i figured they were talking about dedi vehicle chanels, tbh  - fair enough.

it will however most likely require some extra code for the switching In-versus-Out of vehicle - but probably not too difficult

i still maintain that simply reducing the in-vehicle noise/engine volume (likely just a single variable) is just as 'elegant' an option to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 6:04 AM, LaughingJack said:

hmm, ok. i figured they were talking about dedi vehicle chanels, tbh  - fair enough.

it will however most likely require some extra code for the switching In-versus-Out of vehicle - but probably not too difficult

i still maintain that simply reducing the in-vehicle noise/engine volume (likely just a single variable) is just as 'elegant' an option to consider.

I dont like to lower the volume of the “other things” that way you cannot hear the enemy vehicle or stuff like that if you understand.

And on the other hand when in a vehicle its not possible to hear a guy walking near your vehicle and stomping grass and stuff like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems obvious that crew and a few passengers (ie SLs) would have headsets if a vehicle is noisy yet modern.

just suppress vehicle noise a bit in these virtual headsets when local chat is used. other passengers can have the noise and still use local chat. Insurgents could miss this feature in some cases as another balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×