Jump to content
Snazz_

Direct teammate coms

Recommended Posts

I was talking with multiple people and squads and they have all backed my idea that when you are partaking a role that is not SL, you could use the (default keypad) to communicate directly with other teammates in your squad so that you are able to talk to them without relying on the area chat as we all know this can become a little annoying when you are just out of range any you hear the silent whisper of a team member that has spotted enemies, then again there is the option to use the squad chat however when your squad has been split up and you need to act almost as your own squad within a squad(if that makes sense) you dont want to be listening to all of the callouts of the rest of your squad that are no where near you. this addition would further improve the effectiveness of duos operating armour and other equipment such as mortars or for detailed ranging.  some could argue that you can have your own rooms in a teamspeak or discord server/room, but at the end of the day it would be a whole lot easier if you could privately communicate with team members.

what do others think would this be helpful or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad idea.But i do think its a bit to much.

The only coms idea that needs to be in game is as i suggested before make coms for playes in vehicles so we dont spam the squad chat shout in local chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Not bad idea.But i do think its a bit to much.

The only coms idea that needs to be in game is as i suggested before make coms for playes in vehicles so we dont spam the squad chat shout in local chat.

This feature doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. If you don't want to use it, it wouldn't harm you at all. I think it's a good idea, it would lessen the amount of communication traffic on a radio. It would allow teammates in a Squad to talk to each other without broadcasting to the entire squad. Sometimes I do just want to talk to one guy in a Squad, he might be the only person who is near me because we are both cut off from the rest of the squad. For example, me and him are the only survivors and our squad died and had to respawn back at the FOB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very good idea .... its almost perfect..... squad limitation is 9 people .... and u have 9 numbers on ur keypad .... like  +1 on the idea man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support this idea!

 

Remove the SL whisper function and replace it with this direct comms between the squad members.

 

Each squad member will have its corresponding number (2-9) assigned which also make it easier to address a specific person. Making micromanaging much easier. Especially with the players that have an awful nickname that is extremely hard or impossible to pronounce or straight dumb....

 

Can also add a channel frequency (1) that is for all squad members without the SL. For when shit hits the fan and SL doesn't need to hear it all while trying to communicate with other SL's. Direct comms and SL exclusion frequencies will liberate the excess of squad communications SL is hearing to allow for a smoother and simpler communications between SL's when shit hits the fan with the rest of the squad. 

 

All of this....and/or ability to assign a frequency to left&right channel like was previously mentioned oh so many times. 

 

MAKE COMMS GREAT AGAIN!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 7:50 PM, Clown_Tactical said:

This feature doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. If you don't want to use it, it wouldn't harm you at all. I think it's a good idea, it would lessen the amount of communication traffic on a radio. It would allow teammates in a Squad to talk to each other without broadcasting to the entire squad. Sometimes I do just want to talk to one guy in a Squad, he might be the only person who is near me because we are both cut off from the rest of the squad. For example, me and him are the only survivors and our squad died and had to respawn back at the FOB.

If he is near you why not use the proximity coms?

I dont think its a bad idea i just dont see it as nesesery as the coms for the vehicles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

If he is near you why not use the proximity coms?

I dont think its a bad idea i just dont see it as nesesery as the coms for the vehicles. 

Sometimes although the local voice com is able to be changed in volume, sometimes when you are in a vehicle the sound of the vehicle overpowers the voice com and sometimes makes it difficult to hear, also a vehicle sometimes depending on what seat you are in you can sometimes only hear through one headphone for some reason. also when you have been knocked down (out of vehicle) the direct com would mean that you would be able to communicate directly with your medic(s) so that you do not spam your squad channel or so that when you are in an area that is densely populated with the rest of your team you do not annoy the other squads in area chat as we all know when someone goes down all you hear in public games is MEDIC!MEDIC!MEDIC! and plus when you are down the area chat can sound muffled compared to the squad channel.

 

Just a thought :)

17 hours ago, CptDirty said:

I support this idea!

 

Remove the SL whisper function and replace it with this direct comms between the squad members.

 

Each squad member will have its corresponding number (2-9) assigned which also make it easier to address a specific person. Making micromanaging much easier. Especially with the players that have an awful nickname that is extremely hard or impossible to pronounce or straight dumb....

 

Can also add a channel frequency (1) that is for all squad members without the SL. For when shit hits the fan and SL doesn't need to hear it all while trying to communicate with other SL's. Direct comms and SL exclusion frequencies will liberate the excess of squad communications SL is hearing to allow for a smoother and simpler communications between SL's when shit hits the fan with the rest of the squad. 

 

All of this....and/or ability to assign a frequency to left&right channel like was previously mentioned oh so many times. 

 

MAKE COMMS GREAT AGAIN!

 

 

YES well said xD MAKE COMMS GREAT AGAIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not ragging on the idea - it's not totally silly.

but.

another nine keys to add to the mix, and, being able to keep track of which team mate is which key - ok, some might have no issue with the extra RP overhead but there will be many who do, i'm sure, me included - i say this because i don't want to be forced into checking the map (squad mate list) each time i go to make a call, to be sure i'm getting the right person.

 

i've heard that the voip comms is laggy as buggery already, do we really need it overload it even more?

 

13 hours ago, Snazz_ said:

communicate directly with your medic(s) so that you do not spam your squad channel or so that when you are in an area that is densely populated with the rest of your team you do not annoy the other squads in area chat as we all know when someone goes down all you hear in public games is MEDIC!MEDIC!MEDIC!

good reasoning for Voice Emotes ("medic" calls will only be heard by the Medics) ?

so many simple commands and such could be done with emotes instead - and no voip overhead involved.

13 hours ago, Snazz_ said:

sometimes when you are in a vehicle the sound of the vehicle overpowers the voice com

i already commented on this in the other thread: how about reducing the volume inside the noisy vehicles so that local is easier to hear?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bad enough time remembering which squad is which on the num pad...and it aint difficult!

 

 now ill have 8 individual guys directly shouting for a medic .... no thanks...

 

but we were supposed to be getting fire team comms at some point

 

its a bit much to have all that especially if SL is getting 8 different members all whispering at the same time... 

 

I still think something along fireteams where the individuals in the fire team can talk to one another and not the whole squad if necessary... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×