Sign in to follow this  
Gatzby

Squad Modding Roundup

moddingroundup1.png

Hey Squaddies!
If you haven't checked out the Squad Modding Hub yet, you're missing out on some of the coolest things happening in Squad today. Fortunately for us, the modding community has a solution, and it's a fun one.

middle_separator.png

The Important Details

• Who: Anyone and everyone interested in modding or playing Squad mods. No experience necessary!
  • What: A weekly curated event to check out the latest in modding.
  • When: Every Saturday at 2000 UTC.
  • How: Visit squadmodweekly.com for the latest files.
  • Where: Squad Modding Hub Discord and Squad server.

middle_separator.png

The fine folks behind your favorite mods have come together to power a server that will not only offer weekly events to check out the latest projects but a specially curated selection of modifications updated every week or two. The experts will be picking and choosing the best mods to showcase, as well as offering tips, feedback, and testing. Cool, right?

Every Saturday at 2000 UTC, they'll use those curated mods to host combination playtest and Squad jamboree. Hang out, check out the mods, meet members of the modding community, and maybe an OWI developer or two. You may want to show up a little early since nobody wants to wait in the server queue. =) If you can't make it, be sure to check the Discord for a live stream.

Offworld Out.

this sounds great! - a testing server for all!

(only downer is that 20:00UTC Saturday is 7am Sunday in Melbourne - but that's prolly not such a biggie as feedback is what modders need - ie; too early for me ;) )

thanks heaps @rocode :)

Hehe, yeah, the time is a bit of a compromise for all the timezones. It gets most of the world in an "okay" slot. Personally, I think noon on a Saturday (local time) is a little early myself. ;)

The bright side is, yeah, with a 24/7 server dedicated to it now, it's still possible to check out the mods without attending the event. And they should be streaming most of the time.

9 hours ago, Gatzby said:

The bright side is, yeah, with a 24/7 server dedicated to it now, it's still possible to check out the mods without attending the event. And they should be streaming most of the time.

w00t!

:)

Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.

I get this everytime I want to ask a question in Discord modding chat. Am i banned there or something?

On 3/24/2018 at 2:05 AM, Banned said:

I get this everytime I want to ask a question in Discord modding chat. Am i banned there or something?

Don't think so, but one of the mods there should be able to help. It sounds like you may be trying to chat in a restricted channel -- make sure it's one that's appropriate, such as #general or #random to test it out. That's generally the message Discord gives you if you're not on someone's friend list and you try to DM them. (Or they've left the server, etc.)