Peerun

The little broken things

The little delay before you can shoot an RPG after finishing the reload animation. The fact that you have to double tap to start the prone animation when you bipod is deployed. Et cetera.

Posted (edited)

Same for one hand bug, wich they "fixed".

Edited by oTec

not sure if it fits the "little broken things" case, but... as of v10.1:

- gunner player model sticking out of vics (can take damage from small arms);
- player teleported upwards after being revived, sometimes ending inside of the texture or dropping down to instant death from fall damage;
- vics catching little bumps or stones and being skyrocketed or flipped;
- light vics like techies catching fire from near rpg miss;

- multiple times experienced glitched brdm damage model, when it was still alive catching 4 full 30mm bursts to it's side;

- body animation not in sync with the actual player state, several times got shot from a player with the gun pointing down or another direction;

- first aid bag healing requires medic to go on top of the wounded player, having his model blocking this player's fov;

- MG's fire arc glitching most of the times, when deployed on either back or forward slope;

- MG's bipod deployment issues: deployed in window or other opening, will often end up blocked by some grate, window wooden frame or event deployed into wall itself (wrong height).

Ah yeah, I meant just input logic rather than actual gameplay bugs. Something V9 had down and is somehow just incomplete in V10.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, FIXXXER said:

medics

This... getting really tired of playing medic when bandages fail 30-40% of the time and to heal means crawling onto my team mates back and putting my characters hand up my team mates ass to get it to function and on top of that revived players popping 2m into the air, sometimes into roof cavities they cant get out of or just dying on impact of their 2m fall.

I hope to see an evolution with bipods, including being able to reposition them without having to undeploy/redeploy, as well as being able to duck down behind whatever you are deployed on, if not prone. RO2 had many faults, but it did mgs well in that regard.  

got nice one the other day... shot enemy... I ran into building.. heard him being healed by medic.. he teleported to my feet in the building upstairs..shot him dead.... not good really.

rush is still broken and painful 

was SL of a squad (Russian).. took the optics ... squad reduced to where the optics was not available... lost the kit but instead of defaulting to the basic SL role it demoted me to simple grunt and I lost the SL capabilities... even though I was still squad leader.

medic role...

bipods are broken.. so many objects you cant put them on... so many times you position it and its stuck and cant move..even on small hill.

rpg unloading ....is painful .. its just as bad as having to unload..lower the sight and pack it away.. not useful in a firefight.

so many one shot kills now... wtf is going on... it would have to be clear headshots I assume but shooting is meant to be harder ... it now seems every second kill is single shot ... twitch shooting around corner ...one shot kill... 

On 12/03/2018 at 8:56 PM, embecmom said:

was SL of a squad (Russian).. took the optics ... squad reduced to where the optics was not available... lost the kit but instead of defaulting to the basic SL role it demoted me to simple grunt and I lost the SL capabilities... even though I was still squad leader.

so many one shot kills now... wtf is going on... it would have to be clear headshots I assume but shooting is meant to be harder ... it now seems every second kill is single shot ... twitch shooting around corner ...one shot kill... 

these 2 are game breakers. The single shot kills are more frequent than they used to be, I benefit from them occasionally but do find it far harder than it was. Not sure how others have adapted to the new mechanics so fast...I am awesome at games :)

Recognition whether the target is alive or dead: Enemy is prone on the ground and does not move - he's alive. Enemy frantically dancing on the wall or on the ground -  I got him.

Make repair stations easily destroyable, they're filled with ammo and sledgehammers right? I'm so sick of Strykers parked next to one becoming essentially invincible to LATs. Good luck hitting it 4+ times while it heals itself. If one HE rocket blew the shipping container sky high AND damaged anything within a certain radius it would curtail this annoying and gamey mechanic. 

27 minutes ago, LugNut said:

Make repair stations easily destroyable, they're filled with ammo and sledgehammers right? I'm so sick of Strykers parked next to one becoming essentially invincible to LATs. Good luck hitting it 4+ times while it heals itself. If one HE rocket blew the shipping container sky high AND damaged anything within a certain radius it would curtail this annoying and gamey mechanic. 

yes hate that.. it feels like an exploit.. cant remember the map but all the Russians do is put a repair station on the hill and sit a 30mm next to it on the first flag and you have an instantly healing gun position that has a view of the whole map near enough.. don't have a problem with the tactic but I do think it should require one or two people to actually manually perform a repair on a vehicle (similar to a medic heal) rather than the magical mechanic.  

Yep, I'm starting to see it on more maps, stuff a btr in a compound with a repair station and a good line of sight where it's protected on the back and sides and it's almost invincible, it'll chew up any LATs on the front once they get one rocket off and usually kill any enemy armor, since they can shoot the moving target while it positions itself before it can get a shot off. 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, suds said:

these 2 are game breakers. The single shot kills are more frequent than they used to be, I benefit from them occasionally but do find it far harder than it was. Not sure how others have adapted to the new mechanics so fast...I am awesome at games :)

Single shot kills are great... since games are a decade off a decent wounding system and taking players off the game to attend to wounded player then a bullet to the ANYWHERE should be considered a kill... unless the 2 closest players to wounded player want to be teleported back to base with the wounded guy to simulate this.... wtf do you people want? a half realistic cod? you guys dont know wtf you want........

Never had an issue with single-shot kills in JO - limited to head-shots (it was just considered that if you got head-shot you we're stuffed and needed to re-spawn (no healing from head-shots or knifing, either ;)).

On 3/16/2018 at 8:45 AM, LugNut said:

... stuff a btr in a compound with a repair station ...

Player-placed repair stations? If so, why is this even a thing? That's the easiest way to create an near-invincible unit (until Javelins become a thing, of course, then you can't hide/hull-down). Repair stations should only exist at Mains, imo.

No repair stations at FOB's? That's a throwback.

But if such a situation should occur, use mortars, they're very well suited for that purpose and I've seen it pulled of successfully a few times.

Well you can also just LAT the repair station and then the BTR. Takes just one additional rocket.

On 17/03/2018 at 8:50 PM, Nimbus said:

No repair stations at FOB's? That's a throwback.
But if such a situation should occur, use mortars, they're very well suited for that purpose and I've seen it pulled of successfully a few times.

throwback to what? i don't understand.

do mortars go through roofs or concrete slab floors?

just for interests sake, because you guys play way more than i do:

what if i decided to hide a BTR just inside a building with a wide doorway and suitably mortar-proof roof/upperfloor, place a buch of sandbags in front of it for protection, then placed the repair station behind or to the side of that, with it's own wall of protective sandbags?

i now have a BTR that is somewhat protected by a relatively cheap sandbag wall and a hidden and protected repair station, and none of this can be hit from above, from the sides or from behind, only from the front.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:39 AM, Peerun said:

Well you can also just LAT the repair station and then the BTR. Takes just one additional rocket.

True, but if you don't have a coordinated LAT team, which is less common than not, and don't miss, what usually happens is they just shovel the repair station back up. If done well, it's really a bitch to kill armor in that situation, almost impossible as a single LAT, and it's just stupidly gamey. The only time I've managed it solo, I've snuck up behind and shoveled down the rep station myself and then killed it. 

The flipping vehicles (anything in the way with a stryker and you make a forward salto with the vehicle totaly out of order).

The fact that I keep holding my hand before my eyes while running and only getting a clear sight if I aim

the every obstacle being able to stop a tank at full speed (fences, tiny trees, absolutely anything)

and quite a few others !

On 18/03/2018 at 10:58 PM, LaughingJack said:

what if i decided to hide a BTR just inside a building with a wide doorway and suitably mortar-proof roof/upperfloor, place a buch of sandbags in front of it for protection, then placed the repair station behind or to the side of that, with it's own wall of protective sandbags?

i now have a BTR that is somewhat protected by a relatively cheap sandbag wall and a hidden and protected repair station, and none of this can be hit from above, from the sides or from behind, only from the front.

thats using the terrain to your advnatage its not exploiting.. as you cant be killed by a mortar inside anyway with no destructible environment.. but its the magical repair station that I have the issue with with no requirement to have a mechanic.... when I sl i sometimes setup a shitbox with sandbags around it as a fixed armoured (a bit) emplacement works well as the the sandbags act as first layer of armour, of course gets a bit difficult to maneouver with the old mortars start landing... . 

8 hours ago, embecmom said:

thats using the terrain to your advnatage its not exploiting..

yes, absolutely agree - i was just coming up with an un-killable situation to illustrate why i think the placeable repair stations are a bad idea, in general.

Still not working and highly annoing:

- Left hand of soldier hovers infront of your face; only dissapears when prawning and using scope.

- Medic is buggy while using med-pac.

- Wall-jump, vaulting and climbing does not work after having used an emplacement or ammo-box.

- environment on several maps turns partially to light-green colour making it unable to destiguish enemy from friendly

On 19.3.2018 at 12:58 AM, LaughingJack said:

wow if you manage to do this on tactical position this will be soooo cooool

• At start of round if you press ESC while in the Spawn Menu you spawn at main. Very disruptive to early movements.
  • On a laggy server (all servers in A10.1) if you press prone you dont get an instant response, so you press it again, this command is queued so you end up standing up again. Death occurs.
  • It needs to be possible to cancel vault. Falling off buildings needs to be voluntary :P
  • Climb/Vault should not happen with a single press of space, double tap at a minimum. Single press of Space should remain as jump at all times. Involuntary climbing is absurd. Death occurs.