Bonnie Money

Do you think there will be new faction

Do you think there will be any new factions after the british one ? That could be a huge thing if the dev, after the main tasks, start to make many world-wide factions to gather big international audiance.

Of course ! Have u checked Proyect reality dude?  I am expecting the following: 

germany

mec( probably)

israel

usmc

poland

china

canada

It's a possibility, Devs said a long time ago they'd like another 2 to 3 factions after the British.

Just have to wait and see. I doubt we'll see another faction(other than the Brits) before 1.0(Full release). They'll probably come after.

Posted (edited)
On 09.03.2018 at 3:37 AM, maze2 said:

germany

mec( probably)

israel

usmc

poland

china

canada

France has been more active on battlefields than Germany over last years in the middle east and african continent. But squad seems to have a slightly bigger german community than the french one.

USMC is a special force no ? They dont do special force in squad.

Middle East Coalition is a special force too, but I really like that militia is a mix between RU and INS. As MEC is a mix between US and INS.

Israel, I don't think so. They maybe have good equipement, they don't really do wars since 1973. I wont talk about the palestinian situation. Canada, another english faction yay... no plz

Overall I feel France, China, and an US-milita faction such an african or middle east faction, are the 3 most interessting choices.

Turkey and Germany could be great too

Edited by Bonnie Money

2 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

France has been more active on battlefields than Germany over last years in the middle east and african continent. But squad seems to have a slightly bigger german community than the french one.

Middle East Coalition is a special force too, but I really like that militia is a mix between RU and INS. As MEC is a mix between US and INS.

Israel, I don't think so. They maybe have good equipement, they don't really do wars since 1973. I wont talk about the palestinian situation. Canada, another english faction yay... no plz

Overall I feel France, China, and an US-milita faction such an african or middle east faction, are the 3 most interessting choices.

Turkey and Germany could be next

USMC is a branch , not a special force , and MEC are a fictional middle east faction of regualr forces aswell , when the devs meant special forces they meant something more like the russian "spetnaz" , 

About israel , you are really misinformed friend , while israel didn't had any conventional war in a very long time , over the past 10 years israel had plenty of major operations agaist the "hamas" terrorist organization within gaza , if anything israel has and still have more terrorist fighting activity than any other European faction .

12 hours ago, maze2 said:

germany

mec( probably)

israel

usmc

poland

china

canada

PR isn't the best example considering that many of the factions you mentioned were community made and later added by the Devs, I don''t think Squad Devs will take their time to make Germany, Canada, etc., but perhaps if someone can make those factions up to standard then the Devs might have them included.

China would be fun but requires an entirely new theater and I think there might be some issues with the Chinese government or did I mishear that. I would even be happy to pay for a Pacific oriented expansion considering how much work it would take to build not only the new factions but a new theater. USMC, South Korea, Australia, if they can't risk doing China than some sort of stand in force, USMC, etc. are all fun options. 

MEC makes the most sense to me. Doesn't rustle any feathers, wide and fun range of equipment to choose from, setting is already in place. 

As for European factions, while I would love a bunch of individual factions I wouldn't mind an NATO faction focusing on the Eastern members  in the same vane as MEC. 

im really not relying on the devs to add the "fun stuff." After hearing alot of idea not going to be introduced, i am fully dependent on modders and the modding community to add other factions. Other than the UK faction, maybe a middle easter faction, we probably wont see the USMC from the OWI team.

14 hours ago, L0cation said:

All that

Yeah I didnt bother looking more carefuly for USMC and MEC.

Israel is an interesting choice but I rather give priotity to newer factions. It would make me sad to see again the same faction that PR had, such as canada, poland and germany. 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:15 AM, Bonnie Money said:

Turkey and Germany could be next

Dude u have to get informed . MEC is a fictional faction and they aren't spec ops but regular army and usmc is freaking usa marine corps not spec ops.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:24 PM, Tennessee said:

China would be fun but requires an entirely new theater and I think there might be some issues with the Chinese government or did I mishear that. I would even be happy to pay for a Pacific oriented expansion considering how much work it would take to build not only the new factions but a new theater. USMC, South Korea, Australia, if they can't risk doing China than some sort of stand in force, USMC, etc. are all fun options. 

MEC makes the most sense to me. Doesn't rustle any feathers, wide and fun range of equipment to choose from, setting is already in place. 

As for European factions, while I would love a bunch of individual factions I wouldn't mind an NATO faction focusing on the Eastern members  in the same vane as MEC. 

no it wouldn't China has tons of bases in Africa, and you could reuse one of the desert maps for a clash with the US (who also has tons of bases in Africa).

Posted (edited)

I can most certainly see Germany being added to the game. This one isn't hard to imagine as it fits their euro/middle-eastern theater i would think. China is also a good contender. It would make sense for the Devs to add factions that don't have that much or any at all overlap in weapons they use since they already have 2 factions that do just that already.

Whatever faction they add, its gonna be a country with a big military presence and is involved in recent/hypothetical flashpoints. 

Edited by Nossa

23 hours ago, Randall172 said:

no it wouldn't China has tons of bases in Africa, and you could reuse one of the desert maps for a clash with the US (who also has tons of bases in Africa).

That is true, but it would be a lot more interesting/fun to have Asian based maps. Regardless, pretty sure they said no to China because of issues you can run into with the government there. 

Posted (edited)

FRANCE (WITH ONU)

china

poland

USMC
US ARMY
CANADÁ
ARGENTINA
BRITISH
IDF (ISRAEL)
TALIBÃ
INSURGENT
HAMAS
GERMAN
MEC
MILITIA
RUSSIA
ARF (AFRICAN RESISTENCE FORCES)

like as project reality

Edited by danielritual

The french are relevant because of the different operations lead by the country, very often in Africa lately but Afghanistan as well.

Posted (edited)

It would be great that factions aren't stick to some maps, but random or prechoosen by the admins of the server.

Edited by Bonnie Money

It would be cool to see a militia group centred around South America. You have the paramilitaries and cartels down there who could go up against the US or some sort of Government Force. They'd need some jungle maps though.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:59 PM, Tennessee said:

That is true, but it would be a lot more interesting/fun to have Asian based maps. Regardless, pretty sure they said no to China because of issues you can run into with the government there. 

ok no china, but then North Korea

Just now, Randall172 said:

ok no china, but then North Korea

Would be fine with me. Heck if it has to be a fictional faction that is very obviously a stand in for China I would be fine. 

As a modder I would love to see factions that add a lot of widely used equipment to make adding future factions even easier.

A faction like Germany fits that well because coupled with the US, Russia and the UK you could fill out the inventory of most nations.

I dont care what faction they add, as long as they dont use the ****ing AK. I log on to squad and play for 3 hours squinting at the AK iron sights while getting sniped by literally anyone on the US faction, maybe i get lucky and play as the US before i rage quit but most times i dont.