Ep1cOblivion

REALISM > BALANCE

Posted (edited)

not much else to say. goat herders wearing towels vs Kevlar. Towel man still takes up to 4 to 5 shots. I feel like there needs to be a way to give the insurgents the upper hand while still giving Russia and the USA the benefit of better equipment. Maybe more tickets, shorter re spawns etc. Now im not saying complete realism over balance, there has to be a happy medium, and right now i think this game is favoring the guys that rush around and spray and prey instead of playing tactical. Thoughts?

Edited by Ep1cOblivion

Discussed extensively in many topics. Yeh realistically regular armies have various advantages over sand people. Realistically, also, US took something like 11 KIA in Afghanistan in 2014 and 38 KIA in 2015, so "realistically" des should give the US team body armor and drones and cut their tix down to 10. ... Or maybe realism should take a backseat to gameplay.

7 hours ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

not much else to say. goat herders wearing towels vs Kevlar. Towel man still takes up to 4 to 5 shots. I feel like there needs to be a way to give the insurgents the upper hand while still giving Russia and the USA the benefit of better equipment. Maybe more tickets, shorter re spawns etc. Now im not saying complete realism over balance, there has to be a happy medium, and right now i think this game is favoring the guys that rush around and spray and prey instead of playing tactical. Thoughts?

yeah and the US only gets 4 tickets before they lose

Squad will eventually turn into more realistic with time . When body armor is added we will have more realistic damage system and other feutures like supression and some sort of hit effect when bullet hits you .Also the pacing has to do a lot man. A fast paced  game isn't related to true combat. Squad has to update their spawn system asap to a slower one . Right now freaking RPs are op as fuq when fobs should be the main spawn.

Great edit:

I think most of the things i want personally, wont effect the broader population positiv.

I don't think those changes will be a good thing, plus i really like the way it is, but on a side note im more than willing to try out things like these in the comming patches, but i worry it will cost player base to test things that X amount of people would like that Y amount of people doesnt.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

If they made US vs ins realistic, you'd start up the match in a drone terminal and send some AGMs on a hill side and blow up an enemy cache lol. 

Edited by jellyswim

the game as it now . 

from my point of view and my point of gameplay . 

its like Battlefield but with  better communication . if you move slowly and tactical you die if you run and drink redbull you will dominate

12 minutes ago, virusman said:

the game as it now . 

its like Battlefield but with  better communication . if you move slowly and tactical you die if you run and drink redbull you will dominate

Don't argree. V9 meta was rush and pewpew, not it's crawling and camp.

7 minutes ago, oTec said:

Don't argree. V9 meta was rush and pewpew, not it's crawling and camp.

i dont really see it . i making huge K/D with my bf game style

4 hours ago, virusman said:

the game as it now . 

What a sad answer ... I hope the devs follow their path, despite 80% of the players prefer the usual Battlefield ect ... but I wonder ... why these people (like our friend Virusman) do not play to something else? There are a lot of fast and immediate FPS. Instead they want to make Squad more and more Cod Style.

What a sadness

i love SQUAD and PR . becouse of the communication beetwin the people .

but to be good in the game you need to have COD style .

if i walk slowly and check my corners like some tactical pug i will get rusted 

Yeh it's very fast and run&gun compared to the real thing because it's a GAME.

It isn't the mastrubatory milsim fantasy some players want it to be, because...

wait for it...

REAL WAR ISNT FUN.

There is no need to replicate ARMA's failures on another platform. Squad succeeds precisely where ARMA fails (in fact I've heard people describe Squad as "ARMA instant action"), and it should keep that success.

32 minutes ago, Gopblin said:

wait for it...

REAL WAR ISNT FUN.

There is no need to replicate ARMA's failures on another platform. Squad succeeds precisely where ARMA fails (in fact I've heard people describe Squad as "ARMA instant action"), and it should keep that success.

Totally agree !

Operation Flashpoint was so good ! I am so disappointed by Arma. Arma is not a game, it's a SDK.

23 hours ago, Ep1cOblivion said:

not much else to say. goat herders wearing towels vs Kevlar. Towel man still takes up to 4 to 5 shots

or just redesign the goat herders with body armor. They have it irl....

We spray and prey alright. Prey on the potato skill level that the majority of this community has. 

On 3/8/2018 at 7:30 PM, Gopblin said:

wait for it...

REAL WAR ISNT FUN.

its like some people have too much time . 

and they are like 

" Devs please make me walk 20 mins in the open just to die and walk again "

5 hours ago, virusman said:

its like some people have too much time . 

and they are like 

I don't have all the time in the world . I only play games in the weekend but i don't like the current pacing of the game, too fast . I don't mean to walk 20 mins but it does have to slowed down cuz it's spawn, spawn, spawn at the RP all the time . People would be more tactical cuz they would spawn back at the fob. People aren't using fobs as main spawn point, in fact the primary one is RP . Spawn system is determining the pacing.

1 minute ago, maze2 said:

I don't have all the time in the world . I only play games in the weekend but i don't like the current pacing of the game, too fast . I don't mean to walk 20 mins but it does have to slowed down cuz it's spawn, spawn, spawn at the RP all the time . People would be more tactical cuz they would spawn back at the fob. People aren't using fobs as main spawn point, in fact the primary one is RP . Spawn system is determining the pacing.

its not the game bro ... its the community .....

if we do what you suggest its will be the same but with a little bit more dead time in the middle ... its will go like that 
spawn at fob ...walk....get to point die....respawn at fob ... walk again ... die ....repeat

1 minute ago, virusman said:

its not the game bro ... its the community .....

if we do what you suggest its will be the same but with a little bit more dead time in the middle ... its will go like that 
spawn at fob ...walk....get to point die....respawn at fob ... walk again ... die ....repeat

Happens the same for the other team. The mind of the community would be more careful man. I 've explained it in a specific topic some time ago.

On 3/11/2018 at 12:06 AM, virusman said:

Damn, there goes my street-crossing roguelike.

On 09/03/2018 at 4:30 AM, Gopblin said:

wait for it...

REAL WAR ISNT FUN.

this could be applied to soooo many threads in here. agreee totally.

To be pedantic, you've got a misunderstanding of what game balance is. It isn't making things even between the factions, in the context of Squad it's giving the factions an equal ability to win any given match which seems like what you want.

I agree with the sentiment that the difference between conventional and irregular factions should be more distinct. I'm personally a fan of the idea that rather than always having the players split 50-50 between the teams you give irregular factions a majority of the players and conventional factions better equipment. So in an INS vs US match-up you'd get 60 INS and 40 US. This idea might not be fun in the end and if that's the case it shouldn't be used, Squad is a game after all.

I'm solidly in the gameplay>realism camp but I do want the game to reward teamwork over all else. It's fun to be the dude that clears out an entire enemy FOB alone and cripple the opposing team, but in that instance rather than a coordinated effort from one or more squads to take down the FOB which is a cool experience for a whole bunch of people on both sides you get one dude who's got good reflexes having fun and everyone else bored or frustrated.

I'm not advocating for the weapons to be turned into completely innacurate trash but I feel something can be done with the weapon handling to make snap-reactions less effective than calculated movement and positioning while still retaining the feel we have now. By any means it's a hard problem to solve.

Realism should remain a reference.

Realism is outside and should stay there. You can visit anytime.

REALISM > BALANCE

Wrong.

Go join the military.

This is a video game.