Sign in to follow this  
SpecialAgentJohnson

Explosion multiplied when indoors

I would like to see explosion damage be multiplied when within confined spaces. I would also like for the sounds to be louder and a bit different when inside. In real life, if you throw a nade inside a room it makes enormously much difference compared to it exploding out in the open. The shock of it multiples many times because of the air pressure rise within the confined space. Also the sound ought to be a lot louder. I think if a nade exploded inside even a rather big room you'd be sipping for air quite some time after even if not being hit by anything. Also this evens out the odds a little for the super-FOBs.

Isn't that the case already? I almost went deaf last night when someone killed me by shooting an rpg into my building.

On mestia, at the warehouse, evry explosions sounds pretty f*cking loud in comparison with outside.

8 minutes ago, oTec said:

Isn't that the case already? I almost went deaf last night when someone killed me by shooting an rpg into my building.

On mestia, at the warehouse, evry explosions sounds pretty f*cking loud in comparison with outside.

Don't know for sure. I know there is some reverb occasionally but I thought that was it. Never felt damage was increased at all though. 

3 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Don't know for sure. I know there is some reverb occasionally but I thought that was it. Never felt damage was increased at all though. 

Maybe it just feels more devastating to me because the RPG often hits a wall behind you, more often resulting in death opposed to outside.

You can survive if it hits the ground and you're behind a small hill and things like that.

Escape from Tarkov does something like this, and it's devastating.

I'm not sure I'd make them do more damage, as there is already a good chance some shrapnel is going to get you, but it would be nice if the daze effect was applied for much longer due to the overpressure.

3 hours ago, Heinz said:

Escape from Tarkov does something like this, and it's devastating.

I'm not sure I'd make them do more damage, as there is already a good chance some shrapnel is going to get you, but it would be nice if the daze effect was applied for much longer due to the overpressure.

An explosion indoors can probabaly pop your lungs if you are unlucky so I think damage should be increased as well as daze effect. 

5 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

An explosion indoors can probabaly pop your lungs if you are unlucky so I think damage should be increased as well as daze effect. 

I'm unsure about that. There is overpressure, but it's not that crazy. Lots of guys have survived being near frags when they've gone off if they have cover, so I'm not sure that's a great step to take. How do you model that? Do we need internal organ damage modeled now? How about if they're around a corner? From a coding side, there is a lot that can go wrong with something like this. Keep it simple. If you daze a player to where they can't return fire for 3-5 seconds, you can effectively "kill them" with the overpressure because they won't be able to respond to threats entering the confined space.

17 hours ago, Heinz said:

I'm unsure about that. There is overpressure, but it's not that crazy. Lots of guys have survived being near frags when they've gone off if they have cover, so I'm not sure that's a great step to take. How do you model that? Do we need internal organ damage modeled now? How about if they're around a corner? From a coding side, there is a lot that can go wrong with something like this. Keep it simple. If you daze a player to where they can't return fire for 3-5 seconds, you can effectively "kill them" with the overpressure because they won't be able to respond to threats entering the confined space.

Damage needs to be moderately upped I think. You are right. Maybe frags don't pop your lungs unless you are very close but I am sure you are at least sipping for air and suffer temporary hearing loss for quite some time after.